Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Man vs. DC Martial Artists

Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, David Cain, and Bronze Tiger all get together to take down Spider-Man. Classic versions for the martial artists, current version of Spidey. No weapons.

Round 1: Martial artists have five days of prep and ambush Spidey in a warehouse.

Round 2: No prep, fight takes place in an open rainy field.

Who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoblin64 View Post
    Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, David Cain, and Bronze Tiger all get together to take down Spider-Man. Classic versions for the martial artists, current version of Spidey. No weapons.

Round 1: Martial artists have five days of prep and ambush Spidey in a warehouse.

Round 2: No prep, fight takes place in an open rainy field.

Who wins?

Round 2: The problem for team DC is the speed difference. Spiderman can all web all of them before they can really do anything and none of them are strong enough to break out of it.

Round 1: Even this is iffy due to Spiderman's spider sense, though with prep they at least have a shot especially if they have cover.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Round two, they are all down before they know what happened.

Even round one, I'm pretty confident his Spider Sense just keeps him out of the warehouse.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Even round one, I'm pretty confident his Spider Sense just keeps him out of the warehouse.
    As per the OP, Spiderman starts inside the warehouse but he can exit it any time he wants. The odds are still in his favor either way.

I want to see Sharp's take on this.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    As per the OP, Spiderman starts inside the warehouse but he can exit it any time he wants. The odds are still in his favor either way.

I want to see Sharp's take on this.
    5 days prep is a lot and they can do interesting things to the warehouse. (Non-stick walls, no light sources, flood/gas the warehouse, etc) However, the main advantage that Spider man has in this scenario is that his web-slingers is not considered a weapon.(Spiderman sees person, he webs them, Spiderman wins). If they can somehow make this a H2H fight, they could possibly win (Spiderman against 2 batgirl-level combatants might be a great rumble). I just don't know of any practical prep they could do to get the webslingers away from Spiderman.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So, I've been on vacation, but I note my name mentioned.

Peter destroys them in Round two.

No weapons...if they can't set up destructive stuff (ie, no weapons also means 'cannot fill warehouse with bombs'), Peter still takes this one with greater difficulty. I mean, they can blind him, set up all kinds of weird-ass crap (yes, David Cain uses all kinds of tech including stuff like 'hard light projectors', whatever they heck those are), and maybe land some hits on him. But it's unlikely they're landing clean hits, and Peter is basically going to feel like he's being hit by two-year-olds.

And he's fast enough to blitz anyone here, so...he basically pummels them into goo.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

They will know how the X-MEN felt after tangling with him in secret wars.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

With regards to the durability thing, could Shiva or someone similar land a pressure point hit for a win?

BANNED

The ever tingling spider sense and his speed should preclude that from happening most probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    With regards to the durability thing, could Shiva or someone similar land a pressure point hit for a win?
    If she could land a clean hit, sure. I don’t think Pete’s immune to that stuff.

But she can’t land the aforementioned clean hit, so she’s not getting a pressure point tag. So she gets smooshed.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I was thinking more on the scenario Sharp laid out above. Cain sets up enough crazy trap stuff to blunt his senses and so on so Shiva and Dragon are much more likely to get hits.

It wouldn't be a majority but it sounds viable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    The ever tingling spider sense and his speed should preclude that from happening most probably.
    I was thinking more on the scenario Sharp laid out above. Cain sets up enough crazy trap stuff to blunt his senses and so on so Shiva and Dragon are much more likely to get hits.

It wouldn't be a majority but it sounds viable to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    If she could land a clean hit, sure. I don’t think Pete’s immune to that stuff.

But she can’t land the aforementioned clean hit, so she’s not getting a pressure point tag. So she gets smooshed.
    What those guys said, for my money.

Comic book pressure points require clean hits. Peter is blitz-fast against everyone here (no board-ruled bullet-timers in this batch, not even Shiva or Dragon), and his spider sense will be screaming at him to movemovemove. Even blind, I can't see Shiva, Dragon, or Cain (who also has a buncha pressure point stuff to his name) landing anything near an accurate pressure point strike. They might very well HIT him, but I'm having trouble seeing them landing a 'Falling Leaf Technique' (to name one of the gazillions of pressure point hits they've used, named and unnamed). And even if they're exceeding Comic Book Peak Human striking power, it's not by so much that Peter is going to be significantly inconvenienced while slamming them around (even blind and operating solely on Spider-Sense, he should be able to land hits on people, and while Cain -- to take one example -- has damage soak coming out the wazoo, he's not eating a couple of hits from Parker with out serious impairment...or simply getting smeared).

Mileage, it doth vary.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

david could set up some stuff but not sure how effective it could be, seeing as how pete has experience dealing with people who **** with his spider-sense. but that would also take a bit of time too.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    david could set up some stuff but not sure how effective it could be, seeing as how pete has experience dealing with people who **** with his spider-sense. but that would also take a bit of time too.
    Pretty much. Cain would need to set up enough dangerous garbage that it would actually overload the Spider-sense.

Problem - he's not allowed 'weapons' here. So the question becomes, is setting up dangerous stuff considered 'weapons'?

If it is, he can't.

If it isn't, why isn't he just setting up enough explosives to blow the entire place and 'win'?
    Why are we here?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Pretty much. Cain would need to set up enough dangerous garbage that it would actually overload the Spider-sense.

Problem - he's not allowed 'weapons' here. So the question becomes, is setting up dangerous stuff considered 'weapons'?

If it is, he can't.

If it isn't, why isn't he just setting up enough explosives to blow the entire place and 'win'?
    good point. dave would do that.

but the question becomes, what could he do to mess with peter? he's had mysterio create a gas that fucks with his SS. fusion's mutant power was messing with him big time until peter figured out what it was really doing. and morlun could cause his SS to go nuts with a casual glance his way.

just wondering what could he do really.