Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    good point. dave would do that.

but the question becomes, what could he do to mess with peter? he's had mysterio create a gas that fucks with his SS. fusion's mutant power was messing with him big time until peter figured out what it was really doing. and morlun could cause his SS to go nuts with a casual glance his way.

just wondering what could he do really.
    I don't think there's a lot he could do that would mess with Peter's precog directly. Cain hasn't shown the ability to simply whip up something that would actively target Peter's Spider-Sense. The only way he could manage it would be to do what others have done - completely overload it with a ton of different threats (many bombs, dangerous traps, etc) to the point where it's just a blanket 'Oh Crap'.

But to do that, Cain would need to use stuff that would actually hurt/kill Peter. So it again boils down to 'is that a weapon? If so, he can't, if no, he mines the whole place and blows it sky-high (forget about messing with the Spider-Sense)'.

Basically, I feel the only chance for the martial artists has nothing to do with actual martial arts, and everything to do with David Cain being nitro-happy...and whether or not that's allowed in the thread.

If it is, they CAN take it, assuming Shiva doesn't dismantle the explosives secretly ahead of time because -

A - She wants to try to take Peter on (and possibly get killed by him);
    B - She wants to see the look on Cain's face when he pushes the button and nothing happens.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I don't think there's a lot he could do that would mess with Peter's precog directly. Cain hasn't shown the ability to simply whip up something that would actively target Peter's Spider-Sense. The only way he could manage it would be to do what others have done - completely overload it with a ton of different threats (many bombs, dangerous traps, etc) to the point where it's just a blanket 'Oh Crap'.

But to do that, Cain would need to use stuff that would actually hurt/kill Peter. So it again boils down to 'is that a weapon? If so, he can't, if no, he mines the whole place and blows it sky-high (forget about messing with the Spider-Sense)'.

Basically, I feel the only chance for the martial artists has nothing to do with actual martial arts, and everything to do with David Cain being nitro-happy...and whether or not that's allowed in the thread.

If it is, they CAN take it, assuming Shiva doesn't dismantle the explosives secretly ahead of time because -

B - She wants to see the look on Cain's face when he pushes the button and nothing happens.
    i can see the issue.

huh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

That would be priceless. In fact I won't be surprised if they start feuding and forget about Spider Man after that occurs.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i can see the issue.

huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    That would be priceless. In fact I won't be surprised if they start feuding and forget about Spider Man after that occurs.
    I mean, if I were in that position, *I'D* be tempted to mess with Cain's stuff.

Setting aside all moral and ethical reasons to stopping bombs from going off, the guy had some spectacularly funny facial expressions.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate