Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Those are two very different things. Their marriage breaking apart didn't remove Peter Parker from the universe.
    Nope. But it was part of a universe reboot. Haven't read Marvel since.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Nope. But it was part of a universe reboot. Haven't read Marvel since.
    Bruce leaving the cowl for 6 months isn't a universe reboot.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if they saw a few of us fans be like "pfft, I wish they would have the cajones to let this stick, even if it's not an ideal storyline ... cheap stunt status quo yackety yack" and were like "well, what if we did?"

Ancillary; I've been starting to believe that Doomsday Clock happened a while ago, timeline-wise. There's beats in stories that set it up, but there's nothing really saying DC couldn't have happened prior to stuff like the post-Wedding/post-Heroes in Crisis King stuff, and prior to the Snyder JLA run. Definitely prior to Bendis's Superman. That could explain how Nightwing is there in Doomsday, it'd be before he got shot. And so on and so forth.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

One problem with that is that Barbara is not wearing either her Burnside or Murphy suit, but none of the pieces will probably line up 100% at this point.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    One problem with that is that Barbara is not wearing either her Burnside or Murphy suit, but none of the pieces will probably line up 100% at this point.
    Yeah. I mean Barbara is already wearing yet another new costume in her book, too!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    According to a BC article: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...-at-dc-comics/

They've decided to keep Alfred spoilers:
    dead
    end of spoilers, which was supposed to be a story illusion. His sources are from the same place he heard of the Luke Fox as Batman rumor.
    Wonder how long that'll last. Honestly Yawn. Fans were expected the internet to have a melt down but mostly it was just whatever. Half of posters on Reddit actually expressed a wish that it be permanent wish was unexpected.
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-03-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I wonder if they saw a few of us fans be like "pfft, I wish they would have the cajones to let this stick, even if it's not an ideal storyline ... cheap stunt status quo yackety yack" and were like "well, what if we did?"

Ancillary; I've been starting to believe that Doomsday Clock happened a while ago, timeline-wise. There's beats in stories that set it up, but there's nothing really saying DC couldn't have happened prior to stuff like the post-Wedding/post-Heroes in Crisis King stuff, and prior to the Snyder JLA run. Definitely prior to Bendis's Superman. That could explain how Nightwing is there in Doomsday, it'd be before he got shot. And so on and so forth.
    Batman's also wearing his yellow oval suit in it, which isn't a huge issue ultimately, but it is something considering the consistency the costume usually is in the other books. The only reason that's making me thinking Doomsday Clock happens after is all the "Superman Theory"/public despising heroes plot threads, which while there could be some other reason, it feels like stuff like Heroes In Crisis and Year Of The Villain have been setting things up to move toward how the universe is at the start of DClock. There's also issues like the whole Lex of everything, but again we'd just have to wait and see.

I think the bigger question mark is regarding King's Detective Comics #1000 story, which seems to imply it takes place at the end of his run, Dick's Nightwing again, Jason is back and briefly mentions about something that happened with him, Barbara's in her new suit, Selina's in her new suit, Alfred is there, etc., but if he's gone "for good", I guess that didn't actually happen?

Alfred is faking his death and he'll be replaced by someone else until they realize they can never be Alfred and he returns.