All-New Member

Default Tales of the Batman- Gerry Conway, Volume 3

Just got it and it picks up where #2 left off up until GC's last issue, Detective #326 (The Anniversary Issue).
    For the first time Pre-Crisis Jason Todd is in a collection as well as Len Wein edited issues.

Now, they need to release Doug Moench's 80's work to continue the PC Jason stories.

Incredible Member

Many fans swear of great runs by Dennis O'Neil & Neal Adams, Steve Englehart & Marshall Rodgers, Jeph Loeb & Jim Lee and basically anything Frank Miller did before he didn't give two effs with All-Star Batman.

But my first exposure with a Batman comic aside from watching Batman '66 and The Super Friends were these classic tales aided by the artistry of Don Newton and Gene Colan, these are the stories I always cherished as a kid and made Batman still keep to the shadows but wasn't as grim as he would be in the 90's, I especially liked how subplots would carry over multiple issues and the Anniversay 56-pager Detective Comics #526 which was Conway's last issue tied up things nicely.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Actually Conway's last story was in DETECTIVE #526.
    Yes, An excellent collection.

ConwayVol3.jpg

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Love this splash page of the Bat Rogues by Don Newton from Conway's last story in DETECTIVE COMICS #526.

BatRogues.jpg