Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What ever happen to Tom Corsi and Sharon Friedlander

They were probably the first race change(from white to Native American) that Claremont done before Betsy, they were cool characters, I vaguely recalled one of them dying from the Acoyltes, I was looking through my epic collection Demon Bear Saga and wondering what became of them.

You recall right. Sharon Friedlander was killed by Acolytes (by Frenzy to be precise) and I believe that last time we heard from Tom Corsi he was working as a handyman around the Xavier school (this was maybe around Gen X’s school years). AFAIK neither have been really referenced since the 90’s. It’s a shame as X-Men seriously need more human supporting characters to show that not all humans blindly hate mutants and that X-Men are still people despite being mutants. Having human family & friends humanizes and grounds them and that has been lacking from the X-Men for the past decade or two.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 09-03-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    You recall right. Sharon Friedlander was killed by Acolytes (by Frenzy to be precise) and I believe that last time we heard from Tom Corsi he was working as a handyman around the Xavier school (this was maybe around Gen X’s school years). AFAIK neither have been really referenced since the 90’s. It’s a shame as X-Men seriously need more human supporting characters to show that not all humans blindly hate mutants and that X-Men are still people despite being mutants. Having human family & friends humanizes and grounds them and that has been lacking from the X-Men for the past decade or two.
    I agree with you...the X-Men used to have a large, and diverse, group of human supporting characters. Stevie Hunter, Trish Tilby, and Charlotte Jones come to mind. And even though I like what's going on in HOX/POX, it does change the dynamic of one of their most dedicated and influential "human" ally

There's probably some hesitation to bring back characters who have been magically transformed into a different race. Psylocke had enough of a fanbase to overcome any of that, and enough to take the page space to right the wrong.

Though, in all honesty, they're probably just forgotten, or just deemed low priority given how many mutants competing for page space there are.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Charlotte Jones. Gosh, I do miss her.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    It’s a shame as X-Men seriously need more human supporting characters to show that not all humans blindly hate mutants and that X-Men are still people despite being mutants. Having human family & friends humanizes and grounds them and that has been lacking from the X-Men for the past decade or two.

1000% AGREE.

Judith Rassendyll was another of my favorites, despite she scarcely appeared in three issues (IIRC).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Charlotte Jones. Gosh, I do miss her.
    I adored her. Wasn't she around a few years back during Decimation, maybe in Claremont's UXM?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Judith Rassendyll was another of my favorites, despite she scarcely appeared in three issues (IIRC).
    I still have no idea what the point of that subplot was. IIRC a blog I read had some quotes from Claremont saying that plot with her and Kurt died on the page when he introduced it; he found it lame once it got going so he wrapped it up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I still have no idea what the point of that subplot was. IIRC a blog I read had some quotes from Claremont saying that plot with her and Kurt died on the page when he introduced it; he found it lame once it got going so he wrapped it up quickly.
    Precisely because her involvement and leaving were so sudden, it awakened my interest and curiosity. I found her amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post

1000% AGREE.

I had to Google her to remember who she was. Never left a big mark on me.

I do miss the human supporting cast. Val Cooper, Moira (lol), Stevie, Trish Tilby, Sharon and Tom were all favorites of mine.
    I do understand why they'd avoid using Tom and Sharon, but it's a shame others like Trish Tilby, Val and even Kavita Rao have been ignored so much.
    Oh, Abigail Brand was also incredible. I didn't like Gillen's retcon, not everybody should be a mutant.
    I'm in love with Moira's return to prominence even with all the changes, thought.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I agree with you...the X-Men used to have a large, and diverse, group of human supporting characters. Stevie Hunter, Trish Tilby, and Charlotte Jones come to mind. And even though I like what's going on in HOX/POX, it does change the dynamic of one of their most dedicated and influential "human" ally
    Stevie Hunter popped back up as a congresswoman trying to help Kitty's X-Men Gold team against the governments Mutant deportation act.

In fact, I recently decided that Moira is my favorite female X-character.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Tom's probably ashes from one of the times the mansion blew up.
    "Cable was right!"

I will be disappointed if Hickman didn't include Peter Corbeau in Charles and Mora's masterplan.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member

woefully underused characters...and were basically super soldiers from what the Demon Bear did to them. Should have been around as support staff for the School.

Sharon was indeed killed by Frenzy. Tom Corsi actually came back both in gen-x and later just before the decimation. In both runs he had very few lines. He was booted after the decimation, and has not been seen since.
    Sharon actually was killed when she was caring for a young mutant boy so if Xavier is not absolute dick, he should bring her back. I do not see why the process should not work with humans.