Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default "Then Stop Whinging" – Ruby Summers Appreciation 2019

There's been far more obscure characters to get Appreciation threads, so I figured, why not give Ruby her due?

Created in 2008 by longtime X-Scribe Peter A. David and artist Valentine De Landro, Ruby hails from Earth-1191. You can probably guess who her parents are. First appearing in X-Factor Special: Layla Miller, Ruby went on to co-star in X-Factor (Vol. 3) #41-50, as a founding member and leader of the Summers Rebellion. The Summers Rebellion fought a desperate struggle for survival against those who would exterminate Mutantkind.

In 2015, PAD would create an alternate version of Ruby in Future Imperfect. Set on Battleworld during the Secret Wars event, Ruby hailed from the realm of Dystopia (Earth-69413). In this world, Ruby rebelled not against mutant extermination, but the tyranny of the mad Hulk known as Maestro.

I used to love Ruby! She's one character that I would love to see back. She had nice powers, a great personality and visually she worked very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I used to love Ruby! She's one character that I would love to see back. She had nice powers, a great personality and visually she worked very well.
    I've hoped for years now that they'll bring her into 616 on a permanent basis a la Rachel and Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I've hoped for years now that they'll bring her into 616 on a permanent basis a la Rachel and Bishop.
    I wonder how she would interact with Emma. And how Emma would react with all the mess that has happened with Scott.

Mighty Member

Amen for more Ruby Summers! Hope another writer picks her up and finds a way to bring her to 616
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I'm not sure I'd want her to be a regular on the main continuity, but I'd definitely want her to meet Rachel and maybe join a new Exiles.

I want her to relocate permanently and I will die on this hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I wonder how she would interact with Emma. And how Emma would react with all the mess that has happened with Scott.
    Honestly, I think this is the most time most rich in dramatic opportunities for such a thing that we've seen since she was created.

Never a fan of Greg Land, but this was still a cool page in Future Imperfect.