Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I was thinking about the First Law of Krakoa being used to bring Ruby in. But Emma being pregnant while Scott is with Jean would cause such an outrage lol
    Emma: You've been a naughty Captain, Scott.
    Scott: Emma? What's with the handcuffs?
    Emma: I'm about to implement the First Law of Krakoa.
    Scott: Jean? Help?
    Jean: Sorry, Scott. We flipped a coin and Emma's bad cop this round.
    Scott: ..."Round"?
    Jean: Yeah. Rachel still wants to make sure she's born in this timeline.
    Scott: Oh, dear Krakoa...
    Jean: Not quite the safe word we agreed on.
    Scott: Did we even agree on a safe word?
    Emma: No. Now let's uphold the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Ruby's profile isn't on file.
    Maybe we oughtta spam Hickman's twitter or something with questions and/or photos of Ruby.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I kind of liked Scott's powers in the E is for Extinction Secret Wars mini, they could adapt it to her.

Or like psychometry like her auntie, but she can't use it outside of Ruby form because she needs naked skin to use it.
    psychometry is what I would like most. I like the idea that she uses gloves because otherwise she gets the memories of everything she touches with her hands. and if her powers work in ruby form she doesnt need to be in flesh form to use her.
    it would make sense for her to get the psychic power that works through skin contact.

Yeah, I've been assuming she's some form of psychic outside of her ruby quartz form, but that it operates one the same principle as Emma's diamond form.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Yeah, I've been assuming she's some form of psychic outside of her ruby quartz form, but that it operates one the same principle as Emma's diamond form.
    My headcanon is Ruby has all the powers of her parents but in much weaker form: cooldown on her optic blast, diamond having a Mohs hardness of 10.0 vs ruby's 9.0, and limited telepathy. A sort-of jack-of-all trades mutant, while the Grey-Summers offspring are (supposed to be) amplified versions of their mum.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    psychometry is what I would like most. I like the idea that she uses gloves because otherwise she gets the memories of everything she touches with her hands. and if her powers work in ruby form she doesnt need to be in flesh form to use her.
    it would make sense for her to get the psychic power that works through skin contact.
    Psychometry's cool, and one of Emma's sisters had it, IIRC.

Best of all, it can be 'upgraded' into a fighty ability. Pick up a sword or gun used by some master of the sword or gun for years, and be flooded with all these memories of how to use it, and then embrace those memories and begin using that storied weapon like a woman possessed! Or do the Psylocke thing and literally weaponize the psychometry itself, sharing the visions with someone else (but not the years of experience at controlling them) so that someone is overwhelmed by past images from their clothing, the air, the ground they are standing on, etc. all at once, in a disorienting jumble.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I would like her to be in a movie/tv show/cartoon. In the comics themselves might be tricky but I'm for that as well
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

That would cool and connect her with auntie Adrienne.

What I meant is that Scott's powers in that Secret Wars mini was something like fine kinetic emissions through his eyes. He could use it to turn a TV on and off for example, by pushing the buttons on it or interfering with the circuitry inside it. Or he had some form of mesmerism because he could affect the brain and make people susceptible to his words. I think it could be quite cool and explain why she needs to cooldown (she does not have the uber powerful optic blasts all the time but she uses smaller energy emissions) and, as someone suggested, it could show her as having a weaker version of all her parents mutations that make her really versatile (tie the mesmerism through the eyes to TP).

I'm going to headcanon that Room 17 is reserved for Ruby until something says otherwise.

Astonishing Member

I don't think so. I think it's either Hope, or Adam X, or Nate, or Sinister as a Summers.

I don't think so. I think it's either Hope, or Adam X, or Nate, or Sinister as a Summers.
    Shh. Don't ruin my fun.

(I don't think it'd be for those characters, though, because if they were, I figure they'd just be named. Hope is around already, Sinister has Bar Sinister, I'm guessing they're counting on Nate staying in his pocket universe)

I'm going to headcanon that Room 17 is reserved for Ruby until something says otherwise.
    Approved with me!

or guest rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Approved with me!
    You know that Cable and Rachel put in a big screen TV along with a Playstation and X-Box in room 17 and they just use that room as the place they hang out together!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Libertι, Ιgalitι, Fraternitι”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Approved with me!
    Seconded! Make it happen, Hickman!

Maybe they can add an extra room next to Scott's for Emma? And if Ruby doesn't get in (because if we're being realistic, the chances are zilch), I'd be down for the Cuckoos making room 17 their roost.
    Let your wallet talk.

Incredible Member

I wonder how they'd handle Ruby Summers' maternal relationship with Trevor Fitzroy, because those two were close to the point where Layla Miller was willing to believe that she was his mother. Especially since Fitzroy is fated to go to the future and get sliced in half by Bishop. Another Summers whose adopted child gets chased to the ends of the Earth by Bishop?