Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I wonder how they'd handle Ruby Summers' maternal relationship with Trevor Fitzroy, because those two were close to the point where Layla Miller was willing to believe that she was his mother. Especially since Fitzroy is fated to go to the future and get sliced in half by Bishop. Another Summers whose adopted child gets chased to the ends of the Earth by Bishop?
    There was always as much romantic subtext between them as maternal – Layla seemed disbelieving if you ask me – but either way, the crucial moment between Fitzroy and Ruby has passed: she already got Layla to bring him back to life, which is what turns him into a sociopath. I imagine it doesn't take much time after that for them to have a falling out...

BANNED

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    There was always as much romantic subtext between them as maternal – Layla seemed disbelieving if you ask me – but either way, the crucial moment between Fitzroy and Ruby has passed: she already got Layla to bring him back to life, which is what turns him into a sociopath. I imagine it doesn't take much time after that for them to have a falling out...
    I didn't see it as romantic at all and Layla's "Really?" seemed to be like "Wait? DAFUQ!" instead of "Reaaaaaaally". However, I guess the big issue is that Fitzroy's appearance does not canonically make much sense. This is the Summers Rebellion and during this time, Bishop is a child and by the XSE miniseries, we know that Fitzroy was a blonde child who joined the XSE with him after the rebellion ended. Of course, this could be a Fitzroy who time travelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I didn't see it as romantic at all and Layla's "Really?" seemed to be like "Wait? DAFUQ!" instead of "Reaaaaaaally". However, I guess the big issue is that Fitzroy's appearance does not canonically make much sense. This is the Summers Rebellion and during this time, Bishop is a child and by the XSE miniseries, we know that Fitzroy was a blonde child who joined the XSE with him after the rebellion ended. Of course, this could be a Fitzroy who time travelled.
    Fair enough. We know that at the time, Fitzroy had no control over his powers and didn't even know they did time travel, so I could see him accidentally bumping around timelines as a child.

I think 1191 in general got a little retconned, since they had to fit Hope Summers in there as an object of Bishop's fear. I don't sweat the details too much.