Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Horror sequels/remakes you wanna see?

Silent night, deadly night : Bill Moseley played a bizarre mute with his exposed brains in a plexiglass cap in part 3. He's gotten older since then and sports a fine beard so howabout a remake sequel with him writing, producing, directing where he plays another psycho Santa? These films aren't the greatest so it'd be hard for him to disappoint !

Demon Knight 2 : Jada Pinkett Smith could maybe step into the producer/director's chair on this one too...

Sleepaway camp : very ahead of its time if you know what I mean. . Sympathetic character's 'secret' could be more open in this one...

I bury the Living : minus the cop-out tacked on ending..

and YOU?

Ones that are not a complete and total mess?

Slaughter High

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

The Crazies

Battle: Los Angeles

Evil Dead with Levy

Clive Barker's "Lord of Illusions." Take P.I. D'Amour, give him a new case and make it real horror this time.

Almost said "Army of Darkness", but that's really more of a dark humor film to me, then an outright horror movie. Just hard to take the bad CGI seriously. In a good way.

And while Jason Todd is my favorite DC character, a different Jason is about the only horror film character I like. Friday 13th could use a different reboot (could just ignore the one that came out some years back) and go all in for another run. And no, no need to make him deeper, like they did with Michael Meyers. His story his plenty deep enough (and about the only one that can really be, just a tiny bit, sympathized with, or at least understood).

Astonishing Member

Wes Craven's Shocker - Mitch Pileggi revealed in an interview that discussions took during filming about the film spawning potential sequels and, possibly, becoming the "new" Nightmare On Elm Street. sadly, it didn't happen. He has said that he would be open to coming back even if only as a cameo in a reboot.

I'll also throw my support for the suggestion of a sequel to Lord Of Illusions. Apart from a few minor appearances in other works by Barker, the only two novels that feature him prominently are Everville and The Scarlet Gospels (the latter being a crossover with Pinhead.)

Mighty Member

Brightburn sequel plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Brightburn sequel plz.
    i want to see one of the mystery characters at the end

Fantastic Member

I would tend to lean more towards obscure ones, just to see what could be made of them with a decent script and budget. So, I would pick....

Evil Spawn
    Motel Hell
    Gates Of Hell
    Night Of The Demons
    From Beyond

(I'd also throw Re-Animator in there, too, even though I think it's had a remake already)

Ones I DON'T want touched....

An American Werewolf In London
    Jaws
    The Howling
    The Fly (I don't see them topping the 1986 version)

I'd like a remake of Alien vs Predator. I thought the previous films were pretty disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Silent night, deadly night : Bill Moseley played a bizarre mute with his exposed brains in a plexiglass cap in part 3. He's gotten older since then and sports a fine beard so howabout a remake sequel with him writing, producing, directing where he plays another psycho Santa? These films aren't the greatest so it'd be hard for him to disappoint !

Demon Knight 2 : Jada Pinkett Smith could maybe step into the producer/director's chair on this one too...

Sleepaway camp : very ahead of its time if you know what I mean. . Sympathetic character's 'secret' could be more open in this one...

I bury the Living : minus the cop-out tacked on ending..

and YOU?
    I only know of sleep away camp because of HDTGM. And yea that ending... I dont think it would have the same impact today.

A true new HELLRAISER is what we deserve. The original actor was perfect but he's aged out of the role.

John Carpenters, THE THING is still perfect. I just want Carpenter to be give a modern budget & told just "Do it again, John".

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Brightburn sequel plz.
    From what I've gathered, its basically an evil Superman story, just without calling the character any of the previous names.

Well, more like Ultraman, but still. I'll just call it Earth 3 before the Crime Syndicate took over.

A sequel to the Jackie Earle Haley Nightmare on Elm Street.

A sequel to Halloween III: Season of the Witch. I'd love two back to back: Halloween: Return of the Witch and Halloween: Revenge of the Witch. And if Carpenter doesn't return to write at least get him to do the scores.

A sequel to The Skeleton Key. I want to see what Papa Justify and Mama Cecile are up to now.