Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

"Maintain telepathic contact so far away that Xavier needs Cerebro, Cuckoos, Storm, Beast and Trinary, Jean being hurt and in shock"

CBR: Oh, she is useless.

Thoughts while I'm reading it:

* Dissing Wanda right at the beginning lol I liked he took the Lights into account.

* How cool is that communication system thing. Especially how he used Ororo and the Cuckoos together. Plus Trinary!

* Damn Husk and Warren got killed off quickly. Couldn't Husk have kept an Adamantium layer under her skin to prevent that? She's more durable than the others.

* I liked how he shows Kurt going the non-lethal route while Logan kills all those AIM agents.

* Damn Monet taking charge is great to see. That Try Harder killed me. She's boss.

* OH GOD I was not expecting her to turn into Penance. That's a nice powerup.

* Mystique is up to something for sure. Also, I kinda liked her being killed lol.

* Jean looks weak and without TK but I think Hickman is using the old "Telepath's nose bleeding" thing to show that her powers are all focused on keeping the communication alive.

* Logan and Kurt's bromance moment was cute. I like this Logan. He's finally back as a decent version of himself.

* The Mother Mold's dialogue was amazing and scary at the same time.

* Damn how they killed Scott and Jean was quite horrific, especially Jean. They thought they had won. I felt like Jean was downplayed a bit here, even if she was mantaining the communication open the whole time. Plus her TK should be a bit stronger (enough to hold human soldiers at bay at least).

Pros:

Great use of the mutants at home.

Monet, Kurt and Logan were all great. I want to see a team with them in the future.

I liked the general feel of anxiety and distress during the mission. It did not look easy and you could feel the high stakes.

Art is amazing.

Cons:

Jean was too much of a damsel in distress for me. TK should have come into play more.

Okay they should have brought someone else lol. I've been defending this team but Polaris, Magneto, even Trinary would have been more useful than say Husk.

Also, the plan was quite dumb. Blindly get in the base while our Omega mutant is busy keeping communications alive sounds bad. Utopia era Cyclops would have come up with 100 scenarios to do this mission.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Nothing they had short of nanites should hurt Monet
    I was also thinking that Monet might be the sole survivor. Her own invulnerability + Penance form should let her survive anything. Problem is, how are they going to find her or contact her?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    "Maintain telepathic contact so far away that Xavier needs Cerebro, Cuckoos, Storm, Beast and Trinary, Jean being hurt and in shock"

PREACH. Everyone: Your blood sugars are low. Sammich time. Some juice too.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

You're so right. She was hurt and doing something impressive all the time. I don't get the she is useless thing

she wasn't a damsell on distress either. I mean it was Monet who sacrified for her and it was to complete the mission.
    Cyclops was just trying to reach her and he died before.

In infinity war if I remember correctly they had a similar group of Moondragon, Xavier, Jean and Psylocke acting as a telepathic hub for long distance communication
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-04-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Oh god, not more of the stupid 'bone claws, feral, & noseless' era.
    Eyyyyep. And don’t forget the do-rag. *chef’s kiss*

It's true that she was definitely hurt in the explosion. Even then, she's dealt with worse stuff with her TK in the past. Same could be said for Husk since she could become adamantium or something similar and survive.

How would you feel if Logan's new skeleton were vibranium?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Great issue. #5 is in red because this will be the issue that confirms the X-men can be resurrected, and show us how, tying in to the first scene of #1.

How would you feel if Logan's new skeleton were vibranium?
    I don't know if the whole "absorb vibrations" would have some kind of long term effect on him. I can't think of any, just a thought.

What do the Krakoan alphabet pages say?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't know if the whole "absorb vibrations" would have some kind of long term effect on him. I can't think of any, just a thought.
    Look I’m fine with anything that moves us all past “hot claws.”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

My favorite parts were honestly the Kurt and Logan scenes.

Kurt is so charming and positive and pure, even on these difficult situations. Logan having a hard time on what could be his last moments and Kurt was like "you're a good person, don't worry, you did good"

And Logan, some people think he is only stabbing but he is deep down deeper than what people give him credit. He is a good person that has done terrible things and usually has to carry that burden. The world is a lot darker for him than for many other X-men, more violent but he himself has had to be a beast, in order to survive, to protect others lives or to prevent others for failing on the same violent path as him. But even after everything he is still willing to burn on space to complete the mission, to protect so many others.

that was epic.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    You're so right. She was hurt and doing something impressive all the time. I don't get the she is useless thing

she wasn't a damsell on distress either. I mean it was Monet who sacrified for her and it was to complete the mission.
    Cyclops was just trying to reach her and he died before.
    That's the general consensus though when it comes to action. If your favorite character isn't "dealing damage" they're often viewed as useless or nerfed or [insert disappointment term here].
    If its not overt and full of sparkle, then its not impressive and therefor has less value. Its silly. I loved this issue. Twas tense and heart wrenching and I have no idea how its going to be explained but I am very much looking forward to it, and all that transpires in a post HoX/PoX X-istence.