Graydon Creed
    Cameron Hodge
    The Leper Queen
    Donald Pierce
    William Stryker
    Wanda Maximoff
    Bolivar Trask

The shade thrown at Wanda. Mutant erasure by the pretender Wanda Maximoff

So starts off with Professor Xavier making a crazy mind sync to be able to reach the team that is on the Mother Mold kill crew.

He reaches them right after the explosion. I didn’t really understand if this was part of the plan from the beginning or if he knew something went wrong and decided to start this contingency.

Was Jean not scanning for minds. Guess not. Because they definitely didnt see the explosion coming.

Jean tells him that Husk and Archangel are DEAD. With Nightcrawler having some internal injuries. Wolverine is growing back whatever he was missing.

Cylcops and Wolverine agree that they must finish the mission or this was for nothing.

Jean comes off not so good in this issue. IMO. Guess people were right. Hickman does tend to focus more on the males in his stories.

So the jist of the plan is to disconnect the four pillars that Mother Mold is attached to so it goes off into the sun.

With everyone synced through mind and the technology being used they should be able to do this quickly.

Also I forgot to mention that Trinary makes a cameo. That was a pleasant surprise. She was in X-Men: Red. Technopath I believe.

Nightcrawler ports the remaining team to each one of the pillars. Monet and Jean stay back to keep everyone mind synced. Which didnt really make sense. I will elaborate on that later.

Wolverine and Nightcrawler disengage two sections of MotherMold w two remaining to be done by Cyclops and Mystique.

The X-plane is about to be boarded so Monet puts Jean in an escape pod. And she stays behind to fight. She transforms into Penance form and starts fighting but she ends up dying. We don’t see how she goes. She does say something sassy though before she goes.

Cyclops successfully disengages the third with no trouble but Mystique got turned around so it took her a little longer. But as she’s in the room to disengage. Karima and the doctor show up. Doctor presses a button and Mystique gets sucked into space. Dead at whatever age she is.

Doctor Gregor is pissed and decides to activate Mother Mold.

With maybe minutes or seconds remaining Nightcrawler and Wolverine sacrifice themselves by porting into space and disengaging the fourth pillar. You can read it yourself to see how that happens.

The sentinel reinforcement arrives and kill Jean Grey. And Karima shoot nanos into Cyclos that deactivate his powers and Gregor shoot Cyclops in the face.

They all die. Mother Mold goes into the sun.

Even in triumph there is defeat.

FYI Storm/Beast/Cuckoos cameo.

Should Jean being an OMEGA LEVEL mutant not have been able to telekinetically tear those pillars apart. Or is THAT the reason Hickman made it so the Exodus was the TK OMEGA and not Jean? Still that part made no sense to me. They were at a distance where she should have been able to handle the people board and some of those pillars.

This is definitely not our timeline right?

I knew this wasn't going to go well. But it still sucked to see the X-Men win but lose.

Question: Nightcrawler showing up in any Dawn of X? Im blanking on that.

And like someone else said; he was the MVP. DTF. Down to Teleport into F*#king space.

Also other peoples perspectives do makes Jeans situation easier to take. She just went throught the explosion. She is handling LONG DISTANCE Tp connection. The only thing really is that they should have changed the scene to staying on the ship with Monet. TK handling some of the Orchis team. And then those big sentinels come and finish them. Also Monet is invulnerable or not?

Also i didnt have an issue with Archangel dying. He may have a healing factor. But that explosion was pretty damn big.

Wish we got to see more of Paige though.
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-04-2019 at 10:30 AM.

This issue was beautifully drawn. Intense and so clever.

Also finally someone confirmed Wanda Maximoffs death count in this Universe.

Monet was badass this issue.

Amazing Member

“Depowered” not necessarily dead I think.

So we’re 8 issues into this and we’ve yet to see the real X-men?

So many questions!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This issue was beautifully drawn. Intense and so clever.

Also finally someone confirmed Wanda Maximoffs death count in this Universe.

Monet was badass this issue.
    Last edited by Emesem; 09-04-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Nevermind I read that wrong.

Also I don't know if I posted spoilers too early.

So if it needs to be deleted. I understand. But I have Comixology. And it's out.

So, Kurt could pretty much just have flipped three of those switches uncontested last week? ;-)

Also, detaching the clamps from the Mother Mold would not make it fall into the Sun, as the whole station (including the Mother Mold) is orbiting the Sun.

Again, either Jean, Polaris, or Magneto could have single-handedly taken out Mother Mold using their powers at the levels they’ve been shown at before, but I guess that’s not their power level in this story.

Next HoX is called “Society”, so I figure it will finally deal with the pod people clones and whatever the heck Xavier is up to with his cerebro helmet.

They were trying not to kill humans. Otherwise they would have attacked from afar

Lol @ Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Cuckoos cameo.
    How many of them? Any one in black?

Also, love that turning on Mother Mold makes her instantly go into villain monologue mode. You’d think the humans would get bored of making AI that always turns on them immediately (Ultron, Skynet, HAL 9000 et al), but nope, they’re still at it.

Amazing Member

What time line are we in

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    What time line are we in
    The main one

Anyone else get vibes of the end of Generation Next in Age of Apocalypse? Everything that happened will be undone (or re-pod-generated) by the end of the arc, of course, but still.

Jean's telekinesis is conveniently useless this issue. Maybe she's been regrown too many times.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Think that was the first time in a long while that I actually felt something seeing X-folk die on panel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Think that was the first time in a long while that I actually felt something seeing X-folk die on panel.
    Odd, cause I felt nothing.

Jean’s status in this book really is curious. She needed Monet to augment her TP until she didn’t? No TK? Not sure why she was chosen for the mission. Still, Monet’s “try harder Marvel Girl...” inspired a chuckle. And Wanda the pretender? Gotta wonder how Mags feels about that count.