Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I get a kick out of murderous villains who get all worked up and indignant that someone actually killed one of their loved ones despite the fact that they're planning to murder other innocent folks. It's a common trope but it always amuses me.
    Um... the feelings people have towards members of their respective in-group are not extended toward those who are not part of that group. That's part of human nature (not a justification, of course, but acknowledgement of an ugly reality that many would prefer not to think about). Throughout the course of human history there have been people who killed "others" who would be upset if anyone did the same to their own loved ones. The Nazis who rounded Jewish people into the gas chambers had loved ones of their own. People have kissed their wives and children goodbye to head out into war and kill enemy combatants who were loved by others and had loved ones, and then kill all male survivors and enslave the women. This is not something limited to fiction. Human beings are hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    It's interesting that the gods are the humans and the titans are the mutants. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Mutants came from the humans, so they should be the gods.
    You're missing it. Humans created Mother Mold and the Sentinels. So to them, humans would be in the position of god(s), who are typically the creative force for people who believe in gods. It's straight forward.
    Last edited by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom; 09-04-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Jean got hurt maybe they should have made that more clear, but she got hurt in the same attack that wounded Nightcrawler who can teleport away and Husk who can change to a form that would prevent her being hurt. Nothing is embarrassing she got hurt , why didn't she shield herself with TK because there wasn't any time to react and we have dead Angel and Husk to prove that. Jean was the communicating injuries to Xavier but she didn't talk about her own. Even a simple concussion would be enough to slow her down in mission that had a time limit.
    This.....

Besides the fact that the deaths won’t stick! Great issue....9/10
    #MagnetoWasRight

Omega TP Jean can communicate with Xavier millions of miles away from space. Why wasnt she used for recon? She could have scanned the base and given her team a visual instead of sending Kurt in there, which alarmed the humans and resulted in the space craft attacked and the entire team killed. Its unfathomable that she was unaware of the impending attack as she had the means to actually learn about it and warn everyone before it went down. Not to mention TK shield the space craft. What was the point of having her on the mission as a telepath if she was gonna be that useless

Do you guys remember when we deduced everything about X-men Disassembled because of the covers?

The cover of House of X #4 does the opposite. It makes us believe the X-men will kick the enemies asses, until we read it.

Every time I read it again it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Omega TP Jean can communicate with Xavier millions of miles away from space. Why wasnt she used for recon? She could have scanned the base and given her team a visual instead of sending Kurt in there, which alarmed the humans and resulted in the space craft attacked and the entire team killed. Its unfathomable that she was unaware of the impending attack as she had the means to actually learn about it and warn everyone before it went down. Not to mention TK shield the space craft. What was the point of having her on the mission as a telepath if she was gonna be that useless
    They already saw the spaceship before Kurt, this is why he was prepared to attack. Not having a tk shield to protect the ship was suicidal, of course orchis would try to blow it

get a tk shield, Kurt transport them to the station and then Jean link everyone

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Do you guys remember when we deduced everything about X-men Disassembled because of the covers?

The cover of House of X #4 does the opposite. It makes us believe the X-men will kick the enemies asses, until we read it.

Every time I read it again it gets better.
    Lol. You're totally right. We were prepared for an epic beat down and a celebration of mutant ascent! Totally didn't happen. Pyrrhic victory.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'm curious about the teleportation device Gregor pulled out. Was that how they got to Cyclops, or was there something else we didn't see?

I'm 95% certain that the Earth-616 designation has continued to be used since Secret Wars. I think it was mostly in the Spider books. Spider-Gwen, Spider-Geddon, etc

We don't know that.
    You dont know that.

Ita obvious. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and bet $50. Moira dies and the timeline is going g to reset to current Marvel comics, or whatever...

This is not normal 616, however you define it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noinden View Post
    Or if i t is 616, its one of Moria's other lives, or hell this is what led upto the 616 we know (and when Morai dies in what we know as the 616, she had burned her reincarnation powers out)
    If its one of her earlier lives, that doesn't count as 616 to me
    These are different X-Men than the one were used to because they have different experiences

Fantastic Member

I’ve missed it likely because the last ten pages are spent arguing about Jean’s usefulness, but are we likely all agreed now that
    A) the “To me, my X-men” scene at the opening of HoX is the group that died being “reborn”?
    B) the “game-changing” scene of HoX 5 is the revelation that they’re effectively reincarnated from the point of death with all memories intact?
    C) this all ties in with the much earlier rumour that Hickman was going to make the X-Men effectively immortal?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    You dont know that.

Ita obvious. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and bet $50. Moira dies and the timeline is going g to reset to current Marvel comics, or whatever...

This is not normal 616, however you define it

Think you gotta deal with this one, broski. it’s legit 616.

BANNED

Wait...what if this is all a simulation in the danger room??

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I’ve missed it likely because the last ten pages are spent arguing about Jean’s usefulness, but are we likely all agreed now that
    A) the “To me, my X-men” scene at the opening of HoX is the group that died being “reborn”?
    B) the “game-changing” scene of HoX 5 is the revelation that they’re effectively reincarnated from the point of death with all memories intact?
    C) this all ties in with the much earlier rumour that Hickman was going to make the X-Men effectively immortal?
    I think that pod scene is before this event on orchis station, but I have to check it again.

that is the theory, immortal doesn't mean they can't die. They just get ressurrect by a krakoan technology.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think that pod scene is before this event on orchis station, but I have to check it again.

that is the theory, immortal doesn't mean they can't die. They just get ressurrect by a krakoan technology.
    I wouldnt consider it resurrection. It depends of your religious ideas regarding souls.
    I dont think clones have the same soul of the person they were clones from.

What most likely are doing here is creating mindless clones, and then downloading into them the memories of the dead xmen up to the point of their death. Basically the same thing Sinister does every time Scalphunter dies. In spite of that, Scalphunter doesnt want to die because he feels he is his own person, he doesnt feel the replacement Sinister can create at any time is himself or makes him immortal.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

(40 pages already? You guys!)

Some thoughts:

*. The first page felt to me like it was a pamphlet for a propaganda or something, probably from the mutants
    *. Archangel and Husk's offscreen deaths were quite anti-climactic (and I'm unfamiliar with Husk's character so I would've loved to see more from her), I think, although Archangel's dead face was haunting
    *. The artwork for extreme emotions (especially Jean after Monet closed the door on her and after Scott was shot) was so beautiful
    *. The "No More" scene is so powerful oh my God
    *. All the important character deaths solidified the broad strokes, epochs-spanning style they were going for in this series more effectively than PoX. Most of them had to die to remind us that the series will expand well beyond their lifetimes. I'm loving this far history approach tbh
    *. If I did it right, the Krakoan message at the end translates to: "NEXT: SOMETHING SINISTER". Maybe we'll finally see Mister Sinister at the next issue?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I wouldnt consider it resurrection. It depends of your religious ideas regarding souls.
    I dont think clones have the same soul of the person they were clones from.

What most likely are doing here is creating mindless clones, and then downloading into them the memories of the dead xmen up to the point of their death. Basically the same thing Sinister does every time Scalphunter dies. In spite of that, Scalphunter doesnt want to die because he feels he is his own person, he doesnt feel the replacement Sinister can create at any time is himself or makes him immortal.
    A haaaa so *this* is how Sinister fits in!!! It’s all coming together.