Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    How do you know that? She just felt Scott’s death, then we see Sentinels break into the ship. She could very well have fought them off, that doesn’t mean she would’ve survived a breach in the ship after being blindsided.
    This has precedent in Mys-Tec Wars 4
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Yeah. It was good to see those 2 get to go on a important mission as X-men. One of my favorite things about Paige when she was first introduced was her drive to be a X-man. She was a true believer at the time. Was excited to see Monet on the mission. I always felt she is a character that needs more panel time and a writer that wants to write the character in depth. You make a good point about how Emma will react to their deaths.
    Given the nature of the book, I think it's mainly set up. And the meatier stuff will be in DoX. I am beginning to think his is a prequel verse of sorts. Or if it is the present, everything will reset with a new life. Hickman said previous stories are canon & did happen. But if Moira's life resets things, we get a fresh start. Adding up to a clean slate reboot without erasing canon completely.

We may not see much of a reaction from Emma, simply because the plot has to keep moving. Jean x Scott were on panel together a bit, but their relationship didn't get much special focus, and even Jean's reaction didn't seem as strong as you'd think.

I'm wondering about her being able to turn into what looks like Penance? I would have loved if Hickman had the page space to give us a bio on Monet and Paige. To bring us up to date of their status in this timeline/series before the mission.
    Would've been nice. This issue was very extreme, and has left me feelings weird. Similar to Rosenberg's Uncanny where everything just seemed so out there with all the deaths, it didn't feel like 616 or the characters we know.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noinden View Post
    It kind of makes me wonder if its Charles puppeting her. Because THIS Charles is really at the full "Professor X is a Jerk" end of spectrum for behavior. Lets say Jean is not a pod person (who's been grown a lot of times), then Charles is in her mind. Assuming this is not time line 6 (or whichever one we don't know much about). Even her Uniform is off. WHY would she be in the old Marvel Girl dress and mask?
    Now I've reread the issue. Jean is referred to as Marvel girl by Monet .... thats off. I can see her not going by Pheonix, but Marvel Girl? I'm positive this is not the 616 we've been reading recently (be this the timeline we know nothing about, or some funky pop person shennanigan). Jean's not going to be anything "girl" again after the stuff she's had happen to her.

I’m starting to think House of X and Powers of X are just bad. Each issue is worse and worse.

Of course the deaths will be reversed as we already know from the solicits. But the point of this issue is pretty clear in the last page: "They murdered so many of us, the world has grown used to it." That and the "No More" pages are more impactful than any of the mass deaths in Rosencanny

Quote Originally Posted by Noinden View Post
    Now I've reread the issue. Jean is referred to as Marvel girl by Monet .... thats off. I can see her not going by Pheonix, but Marvel Girl? I'm positive this is not the 616 we've been reading recently (be this the timeline we know nothing about, or some funky pop person shennanigan). Jean's not going to be anything "girl" again after the stuff she's had happen to her.
    Jean still Marvel girl after HOXPOX, that is her mutant name

Astonishing Member

how do you even kill Monet without adamantium or someone with Juggernaut/Hulk tier strength? perhaps if a lot of huge super advanced sentinels had ganged up on her, but it was normal people with laser guns

Jean never should've turned down the Phoenix. You know in the last minutes before death, she called out for it. It was somewhere across the galaxy like...

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her-02.jpg

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Jean never should've turned down the Phoenix. You know in the last minutes before death, she called out for it. It was somewhere across the galaxy like...

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her-02.jpg
    Even she couldnt predict how much of a jobber Hickman makes her. 😆

I posted this in the thread for issue 1. Something's up with Jean. In that first issue where Xavier tells her they're all safe she has tears in her eyes. I don't think they're tears of joy. There is a reason Jean's using the "Marvel Girl" codename, wearing her original costume and was so unsure of herself in HOX 4.
    Agreed, she did a great job establishing that super long range tp link, but she was off her game a bit.

However, I loved this issue. It was terrifying the suspense was palpable. Larraz and Gracia hit a home run on the art and colors. And Hickman...he had me at the telepathing/techopathy link with the water form from Storm. Crazy use of power sets!!

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    how do you even kill Monet without adamantium or someone with Juggernaut/Hulk tier strength? perhaps if a lot of huge super advanced sentinels had ganged up on her, but it was normal people with laser guns
    Lots of things are odd here. Like Mystique walking around in her true form instead of disguising herself among the staff or something. Or Jean needing Monet to protect her & make her TP work. lol And as some said, Logan questioning the afterlife when he's died numerous times before and been to Hell.

Again, I'd like to think Jean is wrong, and there were some survivors since Monet was last seen fighting, unlike other characters who's deaths & bodies were shown on-panel.As some theorize, Mystique was in a habitat and probably brought some flowers. May be a last min. save for her & Monet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Lots of things are odd here. Like Mystique walking around in her true form instead of disguising herself among the staff or something. Or Jean needing Monet to protect her & make her TP work. lol And as some said, Logan questioning the afterlife when he's died numerous times before and been to Hell.

Again, I'd like to think Jean is wrong, and there were some survivors since Monet was last seen fighting, unlike other characters who's deaths & bodies were shown on-panel.As some theorize, Mystique was in a habitat and probably brought some flowers. May be a last min. save for her & Monet.
    That will be kinda hard considering one of the soldiers confirmed Monet’s death.
    “We eliminates the remaining opposition on their ship”
    -Meaning Monet just died. Not sure how they were able to kill her so fast when she was hacking them to pieces, but......seems like she’s dead.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-04-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

the mystique part was very rare too, it would be strange for Hickman to commit such a silly mistake, as in giving a character a stupid death

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    the mystique part was very rare too, it would be strange for Hickman to commit such a silly mistake, as in giving a character a stupid death
    It made no sense at all, but my petty side enjoyed it immensely. lol

I disagree with many saying this isn't 616 and I disagree with the pod people deal.

BUT I am on board with this being one of Moira's lives, and not the final one. So this world may predate 616 we have known since the beginning of X-Men. Again, a prequel world.

In this world, things may differ.

• Maybe this Monet wasn't a prisoner of Penance or tortured by her brother, but the form is a dual part of her. But it was improperly split in our regular 616.
    • Maybe Emma x Scott was never a thing.
    • Sabretooth was never inverted.

etc.

The stories are separate, but Hickman says they all converge in the end, which I think will lead to a reset into the 616 we know.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-04-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Hmm I'm wondering if Xaveir and Magneto planned for them to die (as many have said they're likely pod creations or something like that) to really relay this message of "No More" to the rest of the mutants, it would explain why Storm made a physical manifestation of Jean, perhaps to really set in that anger by seeing the fear in her face for all present. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a reason why it was so important for Jean to be a link to Krakoa.