Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1087
    Astonishing Member

Man I can't wait for PoX to put this discussion thread to rest lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If Sunspot can train his AIM minions for a couple of months to resist telepathy, ORCHID can.
    To play devil's advocate since we have nothing better to do atm, Red (and many other books long before it, I believe) established that Jean can penetrate many standard-issue psychic defenses. That doesn't, however, preclude Orchis' defenses likely being significantly better than, say, the Indian government's anti-mutant unit. And it's entirely possible that Jean a) could not penetrate and control every shielded human mind on station and b) definitely could not do so while injured and otherwise frazzled.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Man I can't wait for PoX to put this discussion thread to rest lol
    In 48 hours: 30+ pages of Moira in Life 6 running a tea shop

Astonishing Member

Lol, yes, who says PoX will answer anything?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Moira's sixth life is us and the friends we made along the way. At any moment she can die and we all disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I have been reading some X-men theories on the internet lately. I think there might be a story reasoning why this team was chosen. Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Archangel, Monet and Nightcrawler have all died before. Husk is only one I can't remember them dying. The reason I kind of latch on to the theory that I saw because it explains the multiple resurrections of over the years. Hickman seems to like a writer who would want to close down the loophole of all the X-men always coming back from dead and fix that aspect of franchise going into the future. The theory kind of explains why Jean is in that costume, Monet is Penance,Why Professor X had to keep a connection to the team in space and why never takes off the helmet.etc
    I’ve been saying since Wednesday that I think any eventual clone resurrections are going to be tied to the history of X-Men resurrections, starting with Charles and Moira being behind Jean’s cocoon, and not the Phoenix. Some of the more recent ones like Jean and Scott seem like they could be easily retconned as Xavier’s doing, maybe with some psychic misdirection.

But I kind of hope that things like Jean’s costume and Monet’s Penance form don’t need to be part of that explanation; the latter especially seems like a cooler twist as a recent breakthrough for the character and her management of trauma than as a simple regression to a past form. We’ll see, though! It is an interesting elaboration on something I’ve been thinking about!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Never, ever underestimate small British women running tea shops.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Lol, yes, who says PoX will answer anything?
    Oh it probably won't. It'll just give people something new to discuss/argue about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Oh it probably won't. It'll just give people something new to discuss/argue about.
    Precisely. Besides the constant nitpicking about OOC reactions is starting to get grating.

You know what. What if Xavier had Storm use the invocation so she could "see/Feel" her best friends dying because she wasn't 100%. She seemed uncertain when she was like "i don't know what you want me to do." and then i would argue 4 of the people on the mission are the closet people to Storm. Scott, JEan, Kurt, and Logan. This probably affected her more than anyone in the room with the exception of xavier.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I wouldnt list Scott among the 4 closest people to Storm. If we are just talking X-men, I think Kitty, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit and Psylocke rank above him especially in more recent years

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wouldnt list Scott among the 4 closest people to Storm. If we are just talking X-men, I think Kitty, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit and Psylocke rank above him especially in more recent years
    and Jean, don't forget about her, Wolverine too

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IMO overall Scott is one of Storm's best friends. But thats just for me. They are those friends that are the most real with each other and at the end of the day still have a mutual respect, understanding and liking of each other or want to like despite everything. granted they haven't worked closely a lot recently but that kind of bond can't be replaced. No one understands burden like they do when it comes to consistent leadership. While i agree She is close to those, Scott was there from ororo's beginning along with Colossus and he helped her grow. For me it goes in order Jean, Peter, Kurt, Scott, Logan. And logan is so low cause it's a different kind of relationshiop. So there are different underlying feelings/resentment which we have probably never seen.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-09-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    IMO overall Scott is one of Storm's best friends. But thats just for me. They are those friends that are the most real with each other and at the end of the day still have a mutual respect, understanding and liking of each other or want to like despite everything. granted they haven't worked closely a lot recently but that kind of bond can't be replaced. No one understands burden like they do when it comes to consistent leadership. While i agree She is close to those, Scott was there from ororo's beginning along with Colossus and he helped her grow. For me it goes in order Jean, Peter, Kurt, Scott, Logan. And logan is so low cause it's different to to their relationship. So there are different feelings which we have proably never seen.
    This is the type of friendship they seemed to have during Gillen's extinction team. This is the dynamic that best works for them.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    and Jean, don't forget about her, Wolverine too
    Jwatson already listed them