Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Loved the issue very depressing.

Bit baffled that people weren't impressed by Jean communicating with earth from the sun.

It might just be me but also not convinced she is dead.

I mean sure they're dead but it's likely that this is Moira 10's life and Moira 11 is ours, and there's also the possibility that Prof X is just going to bring them back with those Krakoa Pod People things we saw in the first issue. Giving truth to the 'no more' line he said in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah the whole “No More” thing is Xavier saying “no more” to mutants dying the way they always seem to.
    With Sinister and Cerebro, he’s going to bring them back. No more killing mutants.
    Hope he has something else planned. Cause technically, resurrecting them each time they are killed doesn’t sound like “no more.” It sounds a like a hell designed by a madman. Imagine being on the receiving end of that cycle. Definition of insanity and all that.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 09-04-2019 at 11:00 AM.

BANNED

This was VERY GOOD.

This issue was WAY TOO EMOTIONAL hahah. But I liked that. The sacrifices. the drama man.

Couples things I didn't like is how is Marvel Girl not able to use her TK to protect herself in space or in the ship.....well whatever.
    I like that Storm created a Water Construct of her Best Friends Face. :-)

Astonishing Member

the No More + Something Sinister most likely means they are all brought back through morally grey Dr Sinister methods in the next issue

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    I mean sure they're dead but it's likely that this is Moira 10's life and Moira 11 is ours, and there's also the possibility that Prof X is just going to bring them back with those Krakoa Pod People things we saw in the first issue. Giving truth to the 'no more' line he said in the end.
    I just can't imagine they'd spend this much time worldbuilding only to throw it all away.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post

The mother mold start-up was interesting as well. She referred to the humans as the gods and the mutants as the Titans... But Mother Mold finds them both wanting and have stolen their fire (ability to create?) and will use it to destroy the gods and Titans. So the machines are definitely not aligned with the humans this time.
    Yep. I read that as “a pox on both your houses” — Machines are now a third party in the Man vs. Mutant equation, with their own agenda, vs. always being the humans’ instrument of death. I read stolen fire in the classic sense — Machines are taking the knowledge they have acquired and will use it to destroy Man and Mutant alike.

Dr. Gregor is still alive and Orchis station is presumably still floating. Perhaps after witnessing her husband’s death and MotherMold’s manifesto, Dr. Gregor will help forge an alliance with Mutants now that Machines have declared their independence and intent to destroy everyone.

SOmewhere on twitter someone made a mention Xavier mentioning his part of the Big Telepathy is COnnection.

Could he use that Connection the same way Kitty did in DoFP? Connect to his descendants in the futures?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    the No More + Something Sinister most likely means they are all brought back through morally grey Dr Sinister methods in the next issue
    It’s just MR Sinister.
    Perhaps Mr. Si-NICE-ter, MBA.
    Either way he didn’t go to medical school/didn’t finish his PhD.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    That was my guess back at issue 1. Each issue seems to confirm that more and more for me.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I just can't imagine they'd spend this much time worldbuilding only to throw it all away.
    That's Hickman!

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Hope he has something else planned. Cause technically, resurrecting them each time they are killed doesn’t sound like “no more.” It sounds a like a hell designed by a madman. Imagine being on the receiving end of that cycle. Definition of insanity and all that.
    That's the point of this story though, just in a more literal sense rather than just us seeing it happen to Moira, while she tries everything to avoid doing the same thing over and over - but is still aiming for the same end point
    Last edited by legion_quest; 09-04-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    That was my guess back at issue 1. Each issue seems to confirm that more and more for me.

That's Hickman!
    I mean, I dunno, I've probably read everything Hickman has done at Marvel, and that's not how I feel about it.

It's interesting that the gods are the humans and the titans are the mutants. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Mutants came from the humans, so they should be the gods.

Loved the issue. Strong characterisation.

I love that they are trying to give a personnality to Jean Grey, I haven't read X-men Red but during most of the 90's and especially during morrison run, she was quite bland.
    Hickman's Nightcrawler is just perfect for me and what I want to read.

I still think it's not the X-men we've seen for the last decade. It's been maybe 20 years since Beast called Charles "Sir".
    Jean seems quite obedient and closer to her original personnality, so is Cyclops.
    LOVED M and the Penance mode. Something I'd like to see more.

Strong issue, I'll definitely read the whole run once it's out it could be another masterpiece à la Watchmen.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Also, love that turning on Mother Mold makes her instantly go into villain monologue mode. You’d think the humans would get bored of making AI that always turns on them immediately (Ultron, Skynet, HAL 9000 et al), but nope, they’re still at it.
    You're a human.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    SOmewhere on twitter someone made a mention Xavier mentioning his part of the Big Telepathy is COnnection.

Could he use that Connection the same way Kitty did in DoFP? Connect to his descendants in the futures?
    You mean Rachel, as Kitty was a passenger in DoFP (the movie doesn't count). It's possible as chronoskimming is a form of telepathy and he could utilize it, but then the countless lives of Moira would be redundant if he was constantly passing messages along to the past or future.