Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That will be kinda hard considering one of the soldiers confirmed Monet’s death.
    “We eliminates the remaining opposition on their ship”
    -Meaning Monet just died. Not sure how they were able to kill her so fast when she was hacking them to pieces, but......seems like she’s dead.
    Maybe they just blew the ship up? Unless she can survive being exposed to outer space for extended periods of time.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Hmm I'm wondering if Xaveir and Magneto planned for them to die (as many have said they're likely pod creations or something like that) to really relay this message of "No More" to the rest of the mutants, it would explain why Storm made a physical manifestation of Jean, perhaps to really set in that anger by seeing the fear in her face for all present. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a reason why it was so important for Jean to be a link to Krakoa.
    Because they needed a play by play. She is an omega level telepath.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Incredible Member

I do wonder if this is life #10. Maybe this might be best seen as a dry run for a more successful raid on Mother Mold in life #11?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The main one
    If we are it sucks, but honestly, I don't think we are there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I keep forgetting Wanda's not a mutant I actively refuse to acknowledge Axis even happened. It'll probably be retconned again when X-men join MCU so whatever.
    I think that is just wishful thinking, besides I doubt the X-fan base would take kindly to that, what with her being lumped in with the mass mutant murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    Because they needed a play by play. She is an omega level telepath.
    I guess, it was just strange how she had to completely sit back from the mission to simply communicate their progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It made no sense at all, but my petty side enjoyed it immensely. lol

I disagree with many saying this isn't 616 and I disagree with the pod people deal.

BUT I am on board with this being one of Moira's lives, and not the final one. So this world may predate 616 we have known since the beginning of X-Men. Again, a prequel world.

In this world, things may differ.

Maybe this Monet wasn't a prisoner of Penance or tortured by her brother, but the form is a dual part of her. But it was improperly split in our regular 616.
    Maybe Emma x Scott was never a thing.
    Sabretooth was never inverted.
    etc.

The stories are separate, but Hickman says they all converge in the end, which I think will lead to a reset into the 616 we know.
    That is what I think too, a more defined timeline

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    We don't see Monets body. And Mystique fell into a vaccum in space. But who knows if she can survive that
    The vacuum of space and near proximity to the sun, yeah I don't think she can survive that at all.

This was like watching End of Eva all over again.

Jean fans looking at Hickman like

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Monet was truly a star in this issue and f*ck Karima. Why hasn't Moira figured out a fool proof way to stop Master Mold from being created?
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Monet was truly a star in this issue and f*ck Karima. Why hasn't Moira figured out a fool proof way to stop Master Mold from being created?
    I think Karima is being a great villain

Well the issue makes me still believe we will see a final reset, I mean I can't speak for everyone but that last scene with Xavier gave me bad vibes. Like he was about to do something very Un-Xavier like, and I don't mean Pod Mutants either.

Also, I don't think Mother Mold is dead, think about it. She was online and spewing monologue. Who is to say in the time it takes it to fall into the sun it couldn't download itself into the station?

I know Jean before Hickman rejected the Phoenix so Deus Ex is out of the question, but was she that powerful without it? I mean I hear a lot of anger at her because she came off as just a means to talk to Earth but looking at it, this Jean seems very young and inexperienced. Then looking at the mission where everything started to go wrong, and if she is linked to the others she is feeling them die so i don't think she was in any position to help, especially if she is in a pod with no means of survival. just saying.

Have mix feelings with the shade at Wanda, but I won't go further than that for fear of inciting a lynch mob and be attacked for it.

Mighty Member

People are our reacting abut the Jean thing. For the past years they've overpowered every character to ridiculous levels and the storylines have al come up vapidly when they do that.

In a way, Hickman has depowered everyone. Power levels are not the problem as Hickman considers Emma below Jean power wise yet the Emma scene was perfect even though she didn't use her powers (granted that was left up for interpretation). Jean's problem wasn't being depowered, it was her scene with Monet where she seemed lost. It would've been better if they had ripped the Storm/Jean Phoenix Sacrifice scene where Storm encouraged Jean.

Also, I believe DofX is def life 11th. D of X shows no signs of sentinels so far so maybe by end of HOX/POX Nimrod will finally be defeated. I believe Xavier will go to Sinister for his "No More Humans" moment too. Maybe Xavier sacrifices himself as a villain to destroy Nimrod?

And yes the deaths felt legit to me (even though we all now they will barely last a month). Well some deaths. Archangel and Husk were pathetic. I would've rather seen everyone survive the blast and then get killed after doing something. Everyone else but Archangel and Husk got a sweet moment.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    So much for Scott being a tactical genius
    Mission accomplished and he was right not to bring Krakoan seeds.
    When something that Magneto wasn't even sure could be done needed doing, Cyclops said that if it needed to be done, it would done. He chose a team that accepted the mission for what it is, understood the stakes and the risks, and went in with their eyes wide open. They knew that they might not make it back. But coming back was secondary to completing the mission. And they achieved their objective. Mission accomplished. It seems there are people who don't think the mission was successful because everyone died, when that wasn't the point.

Magneto: This will be a frontal assault of an orbital station tens of millions of miles away built by a secret organization whose sole purpose is the extinction of mutants. Can such a thing even be done?
    Cyclops: ... Does it need doing?
    Professor Xavier: Yes.
    Cyclops: Then it will be done.

He was a man of his word.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)