Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Jean had to be nerfed or she could handle this almost on her own. Get her close enough and she flips the switches with TK then they go home. She’s not a powerful telekinetic here, telethapy is her main and she’s using it to the fullest to reach halfway back to Prof X while he uses cerebro to reach as far as he could. Monet was her booster so she wouldn’t have to strain...

Maybe this issue is the beginning of the Lost Years- seems to fit=

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    For next time I don't ask about Storm's powers. But calling solar flare "weather" is dumb. It is plasma surrounded by a magnetic field, it should be work for Magneto or Polaris, not Storm.
    Yeah, it sounds silly. But back in the day Claremont stretched Storm’s powers to include solar wind / outer space manipulation. She used her “atmospheric” powers in space to cleanse her body of the brood egg while she was recovering inside an Acanti space whale thing. She emerged reborn in a weird cosmic way. It was all very Dune + Alien + X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Because it took all her effort to do so and left her vulnerable? And given the situation and how dire it had become, maintaining contact so that Xavier and the others knew the job was complete was of paramount importance?

Oooorrrrrrrrr

Hickman hates Jean and wanted to slake his inhuman thirst with her fans' tears?
    I don't think he likes her at all

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    In a cave on the island of Waikiki under a full moon, you should see it it's gorgeous.

But I digress yes this is a form of weather manipulation I'm not sure why you think it's not she used her powers to manipulate a puddle of water and turn it into Jeans head as a visual representation of the psychic link Xavier and the Cuckoos were doing.
    ororo is an energy manipulator which results in weather phenomenon. that is why you see her do things often that has zero connection with weather control such as what you saw in this issue of hox.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but here is the thing. a lot of what Jean was doing as a teen was no where near as what she was able to do when she was originally a teen. Jean was injured and who knows how badly, connecting to all the team on the master mold shuttle, and to Xavier and company back on earth. She cant do it all and she is still human. She experienced her family dying. I think the writers in her solo unfortunately gave readers unrealistic expectations of what she could do. all the retcons to make her more powerful than she actually was to me is simply unnecessary and she still was pretty badass considering all the things she did in this issue. think about it. she started off barely able to levitate with no telepathy and then in her solo when the O5 are brought to the future she is doing all the crazy insane things she did there?? canonically speaking Jean went from a pretty weak character to one of the most powerful mutants. what Hickman gave us was a Jean that was powerful but not all powerful. I think that is ok but I can understand you frustrations. it's just I think these past writers have made it to where this was kind of inevitable.
    Teen Jean was more effective and competent than Adult Jean has been portrayed to be in every appearance besides X-men Red. Its embarassing how much of a dud the writers portray her to be when it was never an issue for the teen version to be portrayed as intelligent, confident and a force to be reckoned with. And that wasnt just her solo. Bendis, Bunn and various other writers wrote her that way. Its how the adult should be but with more far experience she fails at using her powers effectively most of the time and gets trolled and jobbed far too often

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    The biggest mutant killers except Wanda, it’s on the first page of text.

Mighty Member

Scott is in ***** X-Men #1 alive.
    I'm not arguing that he's not coming back.

I'm arguing that if your standpoint is that there is total apathy to X-men death, and then proceed to kill the X-men and want your Audience to feel, you'd better have something damn definitive and moving to not make me just go "Oh, they died again."

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Yeah, it sounds silly. But back in the day Claremont stretched Storm’s powers to include solar wind / outer space manipulation. She used her “atmospheric” powers in space to cleanse her body of the brood egg while she was recovering inside an Acanti space whale thing. She emerged reborn in a weird cosmic way. It was all very Dune + Alien + X-Men.
    It sounds as early dumb like when Magneto had astral projection

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Teen Jean was more effective and competent than Adult Jean has been portrayed to be in every appearance besides X-men Red. Its embarassing how much of a dud the writers portray her to be when it was never an issue for the teen version to be portrayed as intelligent, confident and a force to be reckoned with. And that wasnt just her solo. Bendis, Bunn and various other writers wrote her that way. Its how the adult should be but with more far experience she fails at using her powers effectively most of the time and gets trolled and jobbed far too often

The teen version was too much of a force to be reckoned with lol. The Imperial Guard showdown and the beating of Galactus were dumb.

This version that did not fight back and was paralized by fear was dumb too. But I guess the idea is to have a more realistic take on this kind of conflicts.

aw no we've fully sunken into the feat vortex

I wonder if anyone's ever retconned that to a hologram, even though his skills as a godly engineer are rarely brought up.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The teen version was too much of a force to be reckoned with lol. The Imperial Guard showdown and the beating of Galactus were dumb.

This version that did not fight back and was paralized by fear was dumb too. But I guess the idea is to have a more realistic take on this kind of conflicts.
    I repeat: Jean had no radar and in space the Sentinels make no noise. Nor do they have thoughts she can grasp.

It is a completely normal reaction to a surprise attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I'm not arguing that he's not coming back.

I'm arguing that if your standpoint is that there is total apathy to X-men death, and then proceed to kill the X-men and want your Audience to feel, you'd better have something damn definitive and moving to not make me just go "Oh, they died again."
    Disagree i don't need to think someone isn't coming back for a death to mean something. I remember on South Park one of Kenny's death's i thought was so sad and they killed him every week but seeing him being poor and alone in that particular one made all the difference for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Actually her power is just weather manipulation.
    You shouldn't speak on things with limited knowledge. Storm is actually an adaptive elemental who controls naturally occurring energy patterns (along with things like molecules, atoms and electrons .. even electromagnetic fields) that result in whatever passes for weather in her immediate environment. Her power being listed as weather manipulation is Hickman simplyfying it because he aint got time for describe all dat.
    IMG-20190904-WA0071.jpg
    IMG-20190904-WA0070.jpg
    IMG-20190904-WA0069.jpg
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 09-04-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Magneto's powers are crazy, i even remember him avoiding getting frozen because....MAGNETS!
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona