Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1087

Yeah, old stories like God Loves, Man Kills give the impression that Scott and Ororo are much more friends than they would end up being.

The relationship between them has long been cordially professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, old stories like God Loves, Man Kills give the impression that Scott and Ororo are much more friends than they would end up being.

The relationship between them has long been cordially professional.

I don't really use someones captions in one issue to define how i feel about character relationships. The totality of their relationship as i've seen it portrayed makes me feel they are definitely close friends. Just not in the limited idea of a friend is someone you go to the movies with and laugh ALL the time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't really use someones captions in one issue to define how i feel about character relationships. The totality of their relationship as i've seen it portrayed makes me feel they are definitely close friends. Just not in the limited idea of a friend is someone you go to the movies with and laugh ALL the time.
    I don't know, for me they are work colleagues who respect each other. Either one would risk their lives for the other without hesitation. But friends? Friends for me is another definition.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Am I the only one who thought before Kurt and Logan's sacrifice that it was going to be Scott?

I don't know, glasses off and tear down everything he could from the base before dying. I couldn't think of Logan CUTING that in space.
    Yeah that’s what I thought would have happened. The only problem is that I think he would have had to shoot in space.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think Ororo and Scott are very good friends. Not the best of friends but people can have multiple good friendships.
    Theirs is like a combination of a professional relationship with a family member.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-10-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Yeah that’s what I thought would have happened. The only problem is that I think he would have had to shoot in space.
    Considering that Kurt burned up immediately, Scott probably couldn't have gotten a shot off. The minute he blasted through the hull, he would've been sucked out and vaporized. Now, once the job was done and everyone was dead, he could've just unleashed hell inside the station and probably done a ton of damage pre-nanites, but he was focused on saving Jean.

I don't know, for me they are work colleagues who respect each other. Either one would risk their lives for the other without hesitation. But friends? Friends for me is another definition.
    I think character wise I think they could be friends both are too busy lol. But I could imagine them hanging together being some of the few less hyper active Xmen. I could imagine them talking about the books they have read etc.

New theory: the pods are not cloning devices. They are portals to/from different timelines. Thus jean looking acting young. And that’s he new characters from the Powers books will likely be joining us in the Dawn books for this reason. And Kate/storm/emma’s Dawn book really will take place in the past where they will try to improve the future from there. Etc.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I think Storm's most formative years in terms of character development and building relationships was during Scott's absence, which is maybe why they don't seem particularly close. I definitely think of her as being closer to Kurt, Kitty, Peter, Rogue and Logan.

BANNED

Scott and Ororo have always been close, IMO. They were in Claremont's run. They simply also interacted as leaders on a different level from that, and more and more in recent years.

It's the relationships of the Outback X-Men (Storm, Psylocke, Rogue, Colossus, Havok, etc.) that I don't always feel are serviced enough. More of late, but there was a dearth there for a number of years. Same for Wolverine, Psylocke and Jubilee when they used to be a unit post-Siege Perilous. Logan and Betsy had UXF but it was a long time before Betsy and Jubilee got together again in any way I recall - I think it was after she became British again.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Jubilee and Psylocke were on X-Women.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Oh, that's right. I make a point to not read much Brian Wood anymore, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Considering that Kurt burned up immediately, Scott probably couldn't have gotten a shot off. The minute he blasted through the hull, he would've been sucked out and vaporized. Now, once the job was done and everyone was dead, he could've just unleashed hell inside the station and probably done a ton of damage pre-nanites, but he was focused on saving Jean.
    Yeah that was what I was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Same for Wolverine, Psylocke and Jubilee when they used to be a unit post-Siege Perilous. Logan and Betsy had UXF but it was a long time before Betsy and Jubilee got together again in any way I recall - I think it was after she became British again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Jubilee and Psylocke were on X-Women.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Oh, that's right. I make a point to not read much Brian Wood anymore, unfortunately.
    They were also in X-men Volume 3 together

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    IMO overall Scott is one of Storm's best friends.
    I meeeean you gotta be friends when working with a Parent of someone you hooked me up with...
    ESPECIALLY IF you met your hook up when he was a baby....

Look at the lust in Storms eyes #smh
    GrindrStone(D)