Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

I hope Dr. Gregor sticks around after HOX/POX wraps up...if she doesn't die.

I like her. It may just be the hair, but I like her.

BANNED

Gregor is giving me real Cameron Hodge vibes at the moment, esp with the crazy grins and the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Gregor is giving me real Cameron Hodge vibes at the moment, esp with the crazy grins and the hair.
    That smeared mascara is a look that gets looks too.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

will the avengers become eventual targets because of Wanda's actions? was she ever punished in anyway for her actions?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic issue.

The Wanda shade and Monet's moment in the spotlight were both highly entertaining -- but then we got that Kurt/Logan scene and I got a little teary.

So, Moira left her last life with info on Nimrod -- and I focus on the notion that Nimrod need not be anti-mutant. Then we get this Cyclops-led mission in which Mother Mold must be taken down, so that Nimrod can't then be created. This world, then, is a direct result of Moira's time with Apocalypse.

The question now is whether this world with Cerebro-helmet Xavier and Monet-become-Penance is the 616 or not.

Maybe Moira is going to learn something vital in this world of altX-Men, die, and bring that info to her next life in the 616, in which we remain.

But it's just as plausible that this is the 616 already and that any discrepancies (like Penance-Monet) can be attributed to the pod people possibility, some Xavier mind-control, or simply put, stories so far untold.

Regardless, I love Hickman's vision and execution. It's a fun ride.

-Pav, who agrees that Monet must keep her new ability...
    Last edited by Pav; 09-04-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    will the avengers become eventual targets because of Wanda's actions? was she ever punished in anyway for her actions?
    She had to be a major character in AvX. That's a pretty bad punishment IMO.

As vehemently as I once hated Wanda, it's time to move on. Wanda was insane; it wasn't her fault. I just wish she felt a bit more sorry, though, or tried to help mutants more after she got her sanity back.

Her movie portrayal has endeared Wanda to me once more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    As vehemently as I once hated Wanda, it's time to move on. Wanda was insane; it wasn't her fault. I just wish she felt a bit more sorry, though, or tried to help mutants more after she got her sanity back.

The same could be said for Cyclops, right? He was insane with the PF.....

i get that the time when she appeared had grossly sexist ideas as it relates to women; however, even during the Claremont years Jean wasnt this uber powerful character. it wasnt until Phoenix that she did get an immense bump in power. the bottom line is that it took Jean time to get acclimated to the power she has. she didnt master it all while learning new abilities as a teenager. it just seemed way too much considering her canon. and all the retcons about Xavier blocking her potential didnt help imo.

nevertheless this isnt the first time she has met a similar end.

Jean in this issue was just doing too much and her body unfortunately has limits. This doesnt even touch on the trauma she experienced due to her friends dying and the strain she experienced having to communicate with everyone back on earth without Monet.

exactly.. but maybe he was trying to tell ole girl I would rather die then give you children lol. and no she was looney toons crazy to blame this on anyone but their own actions.
    Jean in that issue also did this

My problem here is that she did nothing. Laying on the floor, crying back home was downright embarrassing. I honestly would have been satisified if she got to take out one guard and was shot in the back bc she at least would have been shown going out as a fighter and not a weak sniveling mess

she didn't do anything and this was resolved back in children's crusade and avx

i mean then remender made her a bitch but he can't hurt us anymore, they can't get her for that
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post

Yes, Yes, Yes!

Whenever a good guy did something bad, you know it will be written out of their character by the next writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Whenever a good guy did something bad, you know it will be written out of their character by the next writer.
    Unless they were a former bad guy. In which case, it will be the ultimate proof that they were always evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Not true

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean in that issue also did this

My problem here is that she did nothing. Laying on the floor, crying back home was downright embarrassing. I honestly would have been satisified if she got to take out one guard and was shot in the back bc she at least would have been shown going out as a fighter and not a weak sniveling mess
    my point is that Jean in the issue I posted was doing far less when she succumbed to the sentinels(she didnt have nearly as many distractions she did in hox). I dont think you can say she did nothing when:

she was communicating from a place near mercury all the way back to earth by herself (48 million miles away)
    she was communicating with her dying team (this would cause additional pain)
    she was injured
    she was caught off guard
    she was floating endless in the middle of space not knowing how she would get home

it wasnt like she was sitting there painting her nails. again, I think these books meant to show how bad ass she is were not written in a realistic fashion and it set her fans to to be disappointed with the eventual dial back of her power set.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-04-2019 at 03:28 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!