Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Dunno what y'all think but WILL BE DONE certainly makes me think this title is on the same biblical theme ("the Lord's Prayer, 'natch) as Krakoa being the Garden of Eden, Moira's dance with the Tree of Knowledge, and Chuck's obvious Messianic complex...

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Reading it again i feel it's like someone previously mentioned where Xavier wanted them to see Jean and co's fear and anguish and i think it's so when the next reset happens and everyone is given their memories of all lives it will be more real to all of them rather than him just sharing what moira felt and went through they will be able to go through their own experiences. So this part may have been for show as well as for getting rid of the master mold. Though i still think X1000 is the future of X10 because if this is possibly Moira's last go she needs to go on as long as she can until she reaches a point where she can go back and start over without the threat of restarting the world and also the knowledge of knowing how things turn out for mutants in the far future. I think they are going all in with the idea this is moira's final life so they are all in.
    Makes sense except for the fact that Nimrod is still around in the X1000 timeline. Wouldn’t the destruction of mother mold have stopped Nimrod from coming online? I kind of figured that the X1000 timeline was an extension of Timeline 9’ with Apocalypse. That’s what i gathered from seeing Cylobel in the X1000 timeline still in the tube that Nimrod placed her in timeline 9

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's funny that all that incredible technology is thanks to Cypher. Who was going to say it years ago.
    Cypher's a character created ahead of his time.
    He was killed bc nobody knew how to work with him, but he is actually one of the most powerful and useful characters in Marvel Universe.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Makes sense except for the fact that Nimrod is still around in the X1000 timeline. Wouldn’t the destruction of mother mold have stopped Nimrod from coming online? I kind of figured that the X1000 timeline was an extension of Timeline 9’ with Apocalypse. That’s what i gathered from seeing Cylobel in the X1000 timeline still in the tube that Nimrod placed her in timeline 9
    I agree. With all the links to M9 (the war, Nimrod, Cylobel in a tube), it makes the most sense, and if it's M10 then nothing they do makes any difference and it is all inevitable.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Buying the Cyclops variant cover made me extra sad

That could just be a basic model of nimrod though not a ever evolving mother mold creation. Also that nimrod is much smaller and non threatening in it's size and sitting on the shoulder of a mutant. Beyond that i don't think we would still be seeing Moira's 9th life beyond her existence in it. Also with the time line the dots in life 10 go forward like they did in life 9 until it ended so i think Powers of X will end with and Thus ended the 10th life of moira after the ascension. Either that or we will know she ascends and go back in time to continue the current life 10 in the books with a knowledge that it worked out and won't be reset because moira won't die but that seems like a bit much.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I agree. With all the links to M9 (the war, Nimrod, Cylobel in a tube), it makes the most sense, and if it's M10 then nothing they do makes any difference and it is all inevitable.
    Agreed. I feel like if the creepy looking people worshipping the phalanx scene is happening in Timeline 10 is then nothing really matters in the long run because everyone essentially loses anyway.
    Last edited by RD155; 09-05-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I am worried about Husk. The others coming back are a given, but I hope Paige doesn't end up being a permanent casualty in this story.
    It would be pretty dumb if they lost some lives purely because they waited until after the assault had begun to establish psychic contact.

Yeah, Cylobel being in the tube pretty much confirms that it's the 9th timeline. I don't see how the 10th or 11th timeline could create a mutant that looks exactly like her that also ended up in a tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Cypher's a character created ahead of his time.
    He was killed bc nobody knew how to work with him, but he is actually one of the most powerful and useful characters in Marvel Universe.
    Except when they tried to establish that Kung fu was just a different kind of language that he could read. Sure, like how Magneto can stop snowballs because everything has electrons in.

I don't think what we are seeing in HoX will be resetted. He spent a lot of time building the whole Krakoa thing plus these deaths wouldn't count much if stuff was just resetted.

The cloning theory sounds much more sinister as a route and it might have a lot of repercussions in the future.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I think this issue was all a failed past life. We have 2 more issues that are in red highlight. So 2 more big twists.

I think the 616 we are familiar with will all be in life 11. We see her first 10 failed lives for the bulk of this series, and the next red issue, HOX 5 will show how the 11th life, aka our 616, started while we catch up to the real present-day of our actual established 616 characters going into Dawn of X.

OR the 616 we know is life 10, and our most present point, and at the end in POX 6, we'll see a total reboot for the X-Men with all the characters starting fresh in a default state and everything that's happened in 616 up to this point is null & void as a failed passed life. So a life 11 where Scemma never started, Jott are still together, Creed is / was not inverted, Shaw wasn't killed, Emma never took his title, Betsy was never body-swapped, etc.

So either a reset comes at the end of this -if this is the most recent life. Or this is all past lives we are seeing until we get to the real present in HOX 5.
    Yeah, I've been thinking (and I'm sure others have said this as well) that could be another failed life of Moira's. I'd much rather that then a reboot. It's still sad that Husk got killed off screen though. Was really hoping to see her and Monet work together again like in the Gen X days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    It would be pretty dumb if they lost some lives purely because they waited until after the assault had begun to establish psychic contact.
    Yeah, it'd be a shame if we lost Paige and Warren for awhile. Hopefully if they are going the cloning route, they still have other methods to restoring personality/memories or something.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 09-05-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah, Cylobel being in the tube pretty much confirms that it's the 9th timeline. I don't see how the 10th or 11th timeline could create a mutant that looks exactly like her that also ended up in a tube.
    Also I haven’t read that scene with Cylobel in the tube in a while but it seemed as if Nimrod was almost showing some signs of remorse for the things he had done or failed to do. Maybe I’m bugging and don’t remember it properly .

I’m definitely leaning toward with House Of X is Life 10 is 616, and the new status quo for Dawn Of X will come directly out of this. Going to life 11 flushes an enormous, almost inconceivable amount of continuity.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I’m definitely leaning toward with House Of X is Life 10 is 616, and the new status quo for Dawn Of X will come directly out of this. Going to life 11 flushes an enormous, almost inconceivable amount of continuity.
    Well Hickman did said the continuity was a huge mess anyhow. lol So it could stand to be cleaned up.

But I figure it's one or the other.

1. Most of HOX is history of all the failed 10 lives, before coming back & catching up on current 616 in life 11 who will use Moira's previous knowledge to their benefit.
    2. HOX is life 10, and we're gonna get a reboot & reset with life 11.

That second one is gonna erase everything we know to have happened in 616 as a failed life of another character. It all still happened, but is basically a what could have been / what was type deal.

The first one allows our established 616 to stay in canon, with changes from things learned in prior lives of Moira.

I am fine with either option. Regarding the second, the few stories I was invested in were already rendered moot. So there's nothing still around that I would care about losing. lol There's more bad that I think needs to be erased than good that needs to be kept.

But on the flip, if our 616 is life 11, I am cool with that but hoping for a better future.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-05-2019 at 10:32 AM.