Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Also Wolverines comment about the "next life" makes me think these pod X-Men know they are pod X-Men.

I keep forgetting Wanda's not a mutant I actively refuse to acknowledge Axis even happened. It'll probably be retconned again when X-men join MCU so whatever.

Wanda is a criminal - good
    X-Men working together - great
    X-Men dying - couldn't bring myself to care enough because we know they'll be back
    Hickman's Jean - not good

Spectacular Member

It is possible this is our timeline, and the pod people are actually a resurrection technology through cloning. This issue heavily emphasized how sick Xavier is of all the mutant deaths, and next POX issue is about Mr Sinister. I could see Xavier becoming desperate enough to turn to Sinister to resurrect dead mutants (thus explaining why we see all the dead to living mutants in Dawn of X).

And of course deals with Mr Sinister never go bad.

Continue to love these two combo-series, and the art is about as beautiful as I've ever seen on an X-book.

I WILL need the reasoning behind why such heavy hitters (M, Jean) seemed so depowered and helpless this issue, however.

Who is Mister Clean?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Also, love that turning on Mother Mold makes her instantly go into villain monologue mode. You’d think the humans would get bored of making AI that always turns on them immediately (Ultron, Skynet, HAL 9000 et al), but nope, they’re still at it.
    What is this “they?” Now excuse me, I got to go build out the internet some more. And by that I mean upload some opinions and teach Google AI how to identify cars, traffic lights, and hills so that way the machines know how/where to find me after it all starts to go down and I try to go off the grid in the hills of the wilderness.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Butch and Sundance in a blaze of glory!

Loved the callback to this

Also minor nitpick, but there weren’t actually 198 mutants left, just that it was the number of mutants accounted for by O.N.E. He more realistic number was like....300 or sumthn.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    And of course deals with Mr Sinister never go bad.
    How dare you impugn the man’s character. That’s Mr. Si-NICE-ter. Good day to you sir.

BANNED

These pod X-Men be hittin different.

BANNED

I'm thinking after their official breakup in PR, Xavier is trying to get jean & phoenix back together.

That Nightcrawler/Wolverine bromance though...

Still annoyed how uselss Jean Grey came off here

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

It thought it was exciting and loved the fan service with Wanda. Yeah, if the de-coupling was that easy, Nightcrawler should've just done it the first time around, but whatever. Poor Jean really was Marvel Girl, not her Omega-level badass self. Maybe Xavier took her out of the pod too early.

I'm with the folks who felt nothing about the deaths. I don't think we're supposed to. If Hickman wanted anyone to care, he would've sent popular secondary characters up there who could believably die.

It does open a ton of questions about what the heck is going on, so I love that.

And I get a kick out of murderous villains who get all worked up and indignant that someone actually killed one of their loved ones despite the fact that they're planning to murder other innocent folks. It's a common trope but it always amuses me.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Weird hearing that Monet turns into Penance. Leads to the question is this the real Monet, or even her likeness. A Sinister creation? A augmented clone? Pod person?

And while the pod theory is popular, that leads to the question, where are our real characters while this is happening? Is it a Naruto thing where they're trapped in cocoons while pod people do all the fighting / dying?