Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Oh and the pods are most likely just mutants being "reborn" on krakoa so they are a true citizen or Krakoa. and that is proably what allows Krakoa to keep information and track of those who are naturalized karokians and those who aren't. And is also how their past life memories/experiences are transplanted into them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I like it personally. Makes her more than just a generic tank character who is super strong, invulnerable, psychic and can fly. She basically flips into Penance mode and is kind of terrifying, with diamond hard skin and razor sharp appendages. Pretty cool IMO. Definitely makes me more interested in Monet and not less. My $.02.
    Oh it sounds badass. And I like it as a new power, especially if Hickman focuses on her in a story where / how she learned to access the form, and how she feels going back to the form she suffered so much it. Great story potential there.

I just hope it is our real Monet.

And I wonder. He said he planned to fix some stuff with GenX. So I wonder if he'll retcon Penance to being a form Monet could always have freed herself from, but didn't know how or if he'll somehow retcon so that they were never different people.But seems unlikely given her sisters were also inside of it, and it had sentience without anyone in it.

BANNED

So much for Scott being a tactical genius

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    OP's comment of Jean is why I hate the Omega level status. Fans just think it means the character can do anything and it gets in the way of the story.
    It's not the expectation that Jean can do anything. It's the expectation that she can do something. She's a damsel in distress version of Uhura here as her only purpose is being a walkie talkie in a mini-skirt that needs Monet to protect her.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    So much for Scott being a tactical genius
    Mission accomplished and he was right not to bring Krakoan seeds.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    it's missing the weapon X neverland concentration camp
    Just file it under the Avengers.
    "Cable was right!"

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Odd, cause I felt nothing.
    Not saying I felt a lot, just surprised I felt anything at all.

Some thoughts...

- Last issue Mystique had to be reminded/directed to NOT take Krakoa seeds with her. This issue she was deployed to the “habitat” (a garden) and was delayed on her way to her target. That all seems a thread that might get pulled on.

- MotherMold’s “a pox on both your houses” monologue. That seems new and not destined for a Mutant/Machine team up the way some here have speculated.

- Jean’s forever a damsel in distress. After a second read her experience had to be horrific. Still, I enjoy when characters have power limits. Seems to inspire writers to get creative with how the powers get used.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It's not the expectation that Jean can do anything. It's the expectation that she can do something. She's a damsel in distress version of Uhura here as her only purpose is being a walkie talkie in a mini-skirt that needs Monet to protect her.

Mission accomplished and he was right not to bring Krakoan seeds.
    She's maintaining the link with Xavier and the Cuckoos so they know what has happened. That is pretty important Angel and Husk died in the explosion

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Just file it under the Avengers.
    It's missing the T mist

So if these are pod people how does that work with wolverine and his adumentium i mean that isn’t part of his mutation.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    So if these are pod people how dies that work with wolverine and his adumentium i mean that isn’t what part of his mutation.
    They're the real X-Men most likely

So to all intents and purposes Wanda and Pietro are still human and not mutant children of Magneto.

Hard to know if this is the current timeline but probably Xavier can create or resurrect the dead X-men in this mission.

Monet should not fall without a good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    So to all intents and purposes Wanda and Pietro are still human and not mutant children of Magneto.

Hard to know if this is the current timeline but probably Xavier can create or resurrect the dead X-men in this mission.

Monet should not fall without a good fight.
    We don't see Monets body. And Mystique fell into a vaccum in space. But who knows if she can survive that

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Curious why Mystique didn't take on the appearance of a guard.

At any rate, what an issue!

Love Nightcrawler and Logan's final conversation, and Kurt heading into certain death with a characteristic grin.

More and more it’s hard to see how this could be any timeline other than the current iteration of the 616 unless it diverges somewhere between Rosencanny and HOX since we know X-Men Red still happened in Moira’s 10th life.