Page 47 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MutantHipster View Post
    Lovin the series thus far. They did my man Scott dirty at the end. I feel like Warren as Archangel is not such an easy kill also, they couldv'e used someone else as fodder.
    If he was on the side of the ship that got hit with the missile, then yeah that should easily kill him. He's not invulnerable or have durability. IA though that someone else could have been used as it was stupid to take him on a mission where there would be close quarters combat in space

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    The only timeline that is detailed that doesn’t contradict facts that we know from continuity is T10. So much so that the one fact that was the wrong way around was acknowledged as a mistake. So 10 is at the very least, mostly the same as X-Men continuity as seen in the prime universe.
    i'm pretty sure of this. The only weird thing is phoenix5 also happened on life 4

Because that’s not continuity. It doesn’t work with the non X-Men books. Hickman is not going to throw continuity away.

There is a much more simple solution that I suggested a while back, that life 6 went down exactly as we saw it in the comics (continuity as we know it) and life 10 (or 11 for the squeamish that can’t get behind creepy Xavier) is almost but not quite the same but with subtle and mostly off screen continuity differences based on Moira messing with it.

This allows everything that happened in the comics to be interpreted two ways simultaneously and anything that contradicts Moira’s knowledge (like her inconveniently definitive death) gets subtly retconned.
    Implanting select mutants with the past experiences they went through or letting them see Moira past lives like magneto and Xavier so they know what their fighting for and there's another chance out there makes a lot more sense than copy pods running around with downloaded memories of their originals
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Also it doesn't make see life six encompassing everything but how are their a life 7-10 if 6 is still ongoing. We know 9 ended so it makes sense there is a 10 but how could six be going and if we revert back to time 6 when all was said and done how can they go back and give that knowledged they gained from the later lives and it make sense? Either way everything has to happen in this life or the next or we are reading past stories in the present.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I did not interpret these as cocoons. They seem to be the controls in which Trinary is using her power to connect to satellites, etc. for Xavier's plan to observe & communicate with the team attacking Mother Mold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I thought the issue made it painfully obvious multiple times that there needed to be a psychic link on BOTH sides given the distance (million of miles) specifically Monet's lines about Jean needing to telepathically reach out to Krakoa alone, which Jean suggested was near impossible. If Xavier and Co. were doing all the heavy lifting he should have been able to make contact with the team without Jean, or at the very least contact Jean. Instead Jean needed Monet's help to reach them but more specifically it was Jean who made independent contact with after the fact, besides that there must be something else Xavier has up his sleeves!
    The only timeline that is detailed that doesn’t contradict facts that we know from continuity is T10. So much so that the one fact that was the wrong way around was acknowledged as a mistake. So 10 is at the very least, mostly the same as X-Men continuity as seen in the prime universe.
    where is tl10 described? I only saw 9 lines in the issue where pyro killed her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It's an assumption. That fact is we don't know where timeline 10 starts in relation to the history of the mu all we know is X-Men were formed and genosha the rest are people trying to fit in the 616 to make it work when there hasn't been one hint to any of the other stories in t10
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    When we say timeline ten, we mean the one labeled “10”, not the tenth one outlined, since life 6 is skipped on the chart.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i'm pretty sure of this. The only weird thing is phoenix5 also happened on life 4
    Can you or someone who shares this belief explain why you believe this? Where in the book does it signify the Phoenix Five occurred during life 4?

I have seen this stated before, but did not see this stated or implied anywhere in HOX or POX.

Can you or someone who shares this belief explain why you believe this? Where in the book does it signify the Phoenix Five occurred during life 4?

I have seen this stated before, but did not see this stated or implied anywhere in HOX or POX.
    In powers of x when it runs down moira's life it shows an image of the Phoenix 5 in life 4.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

We saw an image of it when her 4th life was described

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    In powers of x when it runs down moira's life it shows an image of the Phoenix 5 in life 4.
    House of X

I think we all know well enough by now that, when it comes to death in comics, it's practically meaningless. Not to mention there's at least two ways House of X and Powers of X have established which would very likely "resurrect" certain characters. Even so, you have to give props to Jonathan Hickman for writing an issue that, in the moment you're reading it, you forget all about this, allowing yourself to be caught up in the X-Men playing The Dirty Dozen.

Stillanerd Reads: House of X #4
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

House of X
    Yeah thanks. Couldn't remember off top of my head.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It's an assumption. That fact is we don't know where timeline 10 starts in relation to the history of the mu all we know is X-Men were formed and genosha the rest are people trying to fit in the 616 to make it work when there hasn't been one hint to any of the other stories in t10
    Everything about life 10 is explicitly, carefully meant to follow the familiar “616” history. It’s not even vague; I’m confident that everyone involved assumed they had made it clear. This doesn’t seem to be one of the mysteries of the series. I really think the creators would be surprised to know there is this much ongoing debate about this. In fact, so much of the drama *depends* on life 10 being the “616” continuity; it really doesn’t serve the story to have some readers not taking that as a given. It would literally be detrimental not to make that as clear as they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

House of X
    Excellent, thank you both! I somehow missed this...even though I read it multiple times

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Everything about life 10 is explicitly, carefully meant to follow the familiar “616” history. It’s not even vague; I’m confident that everyone involved assumed they had made it clear. This doesn’t seem to be one of the mysteries of the series. I really think the creators would be surprised to know there is this much ongoing debate about this. In fact, so much of the drama *depends* on life 10 being the “616” continuity; it really doesn’t serve the story to have some readers not taking that as a given. It would literally be detrimental not to make that as clear as they have.
    Life 10 is the only that proteus is born