Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It's not the expectation that Jean can do anything. It's the expectation that she can do something. She's a damsel in distress version of Uhura here as her only purpose is being a walkie talkie in a mini-skirt that needs Monet to protect her.

Mission accomplished and he was right not to bring Krakoan seeds.
    That's one thing that didn't look good on Monet either. lol Gets killed protecting someone who should be more powerful than her and the person still gets killed, meaning she died for nothing. Unlike Wolverine & Kurt who still took down MM.

However, thank God she didn't go out like Mystique, and her being killed I greatly enjoy. lol Again, we know these deaths are fake-outs or getting reversed, so not a big deal. But I think she was due some deaths for a change. UNLESS she did bring some flowers and teleported before she could suffocate to death. Wouldn't put that passed Marvel. lol

Too bad Husk & Archangel were offed so fast. I was hoping the entire team would survive the explosion and kick some butt for we lost a few (not all lol) of them.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-04-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I like it personally. Makes her more than just a generic tank character who is super strong, invulnerable, psychic and can fly. She basically flips into Penance mode and is kind of terrifying, with diamond hard skin and razor sharp appendages. Pretty cool IMO. Definitely makes me more interested in Monet and not less. My $.02.
    Longtime reader here. Over the years (decades) I’ve been consistently turned off by writers’ attempts to mix generations of X-characters. It usually comes off forced and in some ways hopelessly segregated. Seems a tough nut to crack. But Hickman seems to have integrated M in a way that feels natural and with staying power. Well... I mean it did seem that way.

Anyway, I was skeptical about plans to mix New Mutants with Generation X. Hopefully it fares just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    These spoilers! Holy Sh*t!

OP's comment of Jean is why I hate the Omega level status. Fans just think it means the character can do anything and it gets in the way of the story.
    Even without OMEGA. She is a strong enough telekinetic to have handled alot of the situation she was in. Did you read it yet? What did you think about it?

I’m so proud of Monet. She had such a good, brief showing! Giddy despite the dark ending.

No matter what my girl was cocky and badass to the end. ❤️

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I’m so proud of Monet. She had such a good, brief showing! Giddy despite the dark ending.

No matter what my girl was cocky and badass to the end. ❤️
    Was she still brown here? If so, it all sounds perfect, despite some contrived-ness lol.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Curious why Mystique didn't take on the appearance of a guard. At any rate, what an issue! Love Nightcrawler and Logan's final conversation, and Kurt heading into certain death with a characteristic grin.
    Yes, yes, and yes. After a decade of Kurt being a moping, burdened-by-faith type his scene/dialog with Logan was a pitch perfect return to form for the character. His faith inspires his abundance of optimism. Enough to share with his friends. The writing and visuals were in perfect sync. I was concerned we would be getting a lot of sci-fi plot w/few character beats. Congrats to the team.

Oh, and BOO HISS at Dr. Gregor lamenting the loss of her husband before shooting Cyclops (Jean’s husband) in the face. Still, Karima is the real diabolical villain here. If she hadn’t rallied Dr. Gregor...

Mighty Member

Hickman's jean is... not good.

The Cuckoos are used in such a creative way here

BANNED

Poor Piotr should have been there. Now he has no friends

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Yes, yes, and yes. After a decade of Kurt being a moping, burdened-by-faith type his scene/dialog with Logan was a pitch perfect return to form for the character. His faith inspires his abundance of optimism. Enough to share with his friends. The writing and visuals were in perfect sync. I was concerned we would be getting a lot of sci-fi plot w/few character beats. Congrats to the team.

Oh, and BOO HISS at Dr. Gregor lamenting the loss of her husband before shooting Cyclops (Jean’s husband) in the face. Still, Karima is the real diabolical villain here. If she hadn’t rallied Dr. Gregor...
    My comic shop opens in an hour but do Scott and Jean refer to each other as if they are together?
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Poor Piotr should have been there. Now he has no friends
    He will always have Kitty.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Hickman's jean is... not good.
    Is Hickman NOT a fan of Jean? Seems like we watched a lot of criticism of the character

- Last issue, before boarding a suicide mission, she’s pontificating about saving those who would kill everyone.

- This issue, Wolverine has to remind her they are playing for blood. Then, after her power limitations and fear, you could just hear the oozing sarcasm in Monet’s “try harder Marvel Girl,” punctuated by that “PTOO” spitting her out into space. Her final scene was horror-esque, straight out of The Shining. Narrated by “this is how it always ends... with fire and death.” Take that, “I am fire and life incarnate...” Yikes.

Don’t get me wrong. Whatever her current status is/was, she served a narrative purpose. I prefer characters w/limited powers so writers are forced to get creative. Jean strikes me as too much of an deus ex machina. But this was was pretty brutal.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 09-04-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    My comic shop opens in an hour but do Scott and Jean refer to each other as of they are together?
    Nope.
    Jean is reluctant to be there from the start. She's hesitant. Anytime Xavier says whatever it takes she doesn't say the words out loud she just says "You get that Scott ".

Monet us brave she realises she needs Jean alive to keep the link with the Cuckoos and Xavier and that Krakoa needs to no. So she protects Jean Grey with little protest. Jean is like please come with me.

Now that Jeans safe in a pod. Scott completes his mission and tells Jean he's gonna get her home. Jeans like hurry and that his plan of hurtling to Earth with bad company sounds suicidal. Scott dies Jean cried then dies
    Monet says she's going to

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This was such an exciting read. Even though we know (most) of them will be back, it was still jarring to see how the team went out. Nightcrawler and Wolverine's dialogue was the highlight to me. Loved that interaction between them. Art was wonderful as always.

Poor Husk. Just when I thought she was going to get some good treatment, she dies before really achieving anything. Disappointed by that.

While I haven't had any complaints about the little we've seen of Jean, I didn't care for too much of what we saw today. Very much the Marvel Girl of the past, and not the Jean of today. Really was a low point for me. I'm hoping things will be better for her in future issues, but I don't have my hopes too high after today.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    This was such an exciting read. Even though we know (most) of them will be back, it was still jarring to see how the team went out. Nightcrawler and Wolverine's dialogue was the highlight to me. Loved that interaction between them. Art was wonderful as always.

Poor Husk. Just when I thought she was going to get some good treatment, she dies before really achieving anything. Disappointed by that.

While I haven't had any complaints about the little we've seen of Jean, I didn't care for too much of what we saw today. Very much the Marvel Girl of the past, and not the Jean of today. Really was a low point for me. I'm hoping things will be better for her in future issues, but I don't have my hopes too high after today.
    Admittedly haven't read the issue but maybe since this is a different life of Moira's, she didnt go through what "our" Jean did to make her stronger.