Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    My comic shop opens in an hour but do Scott and Jean refer to each other as if they are together?

Not explicitly. I was editorializing w/that.

Which is why X-force might make sense now as Jean might feel her hesitancy got everyone killed

If these are pod people, maybe that's why they aren't operating at levels we are used to seeing. Didn't POX kinda say chimera's have half the power of the original? Maybe that's true of these copies, if they indeed are just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    If these are pod people, maybe that's why they aren't operating at levels we are used to seeing. Didn't POX kinda say chimera's have half the power of the original? Maybe that's true of these copies, if they indeed are just that.
    No it didn't say that. Chimeras were full powered. Some had defects like cardinal who didn't want to hurt anyone

Quick Thoughts

1. Nightcrawler didn't place them directly at the areas, So it is safe to assume a line of sight issues with teleporting is what stop him from making this quick and easy

2. The X-men got caught off guard and paid for it. It is safe to assume that Jean Grey got hurt in the explosion which is why her performance is off. Consider that the teleporter and metamorph got hurt and killed initial blast

3. Sorry, the X-men primary enemies are humans, not super sayians or god-like beings you might like feats but the humans has to be a threat to the X-men. I don't mind the scale back approach in the book.

4. The Scarlet Witch shade was glorious and it raises questions if they plan to change them back to mutants

5. Wolverine and Nightcrawler working together was good

6. Trinary sighting and props to Hickman, He remembers that people other Beast have skills like Sage, Cypher, Trinary. It might be a small thing but seeing other people being used in the smart people roles gives hope for future uses.

7. I remember asking if the name Penance was a typo when I first saw it but I knew Hickman did things on purpose. So it was a mixture of awesome and why did I see that coming when she transformed

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    These aren't Chimeras though. They are the "original" versions of the characters. Chimeras are mutants with multiple x genes from various mutants.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Could Monet be a pod chimera here? She seems to be a combo of M and Penance.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Looks like Cable and Prestige are orphans again.
    "Cable was right!"

Harsh issue, but at least it's almost for sure they are all pod people copies. Unless, these are the real deal and the stories we are going to be reading are really all just pod clones.

Also, if they'd brought along Lorna or Magneto this could have been taken care of in 2 minutes with little probability of death.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    No it didn't say that. Chimeras were full powered. Some had defects like cardinal who didn't want to hurt anyone
    Oh. Well maybe I was thinking about copies of omega mutants. Didn't Hickman say a chimera with an omega mutant's DNA would be half powered? Or did I misremember that too? I can't keep this stuff straight.

I would love to see Scarlet Witch confronted

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Since Hickman is a fan of Morrison's run, Monet manifesting Penance can just filed under secondary mutation.

Gimme my No Prize.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Could Monet be a pod chimera here? She seems to be a combo of M and Penance.
    I’ve had a hard time following her character over the years. Wasn’t she the combined form of twin children? Didn’t she recently absorb her vampire brother Emplate? Ugh.

Xavier is using Cerebro to catch mutant minds as they die, right? It’s basically the same as Black Widow’s clones at the Red Room, but it makes sense here with the pod people stuff. Only problem with that is that he didn’t know Husk and Archangel had died.

Also, the field team and support staff setup here already looks similar to how we think X-Force is going to work in Dawn Of X. It’s a small thing, but actually a pretty smart way to find uses for a wider variety of mutants than you’d usually get in a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Since Hickman is a fan of Morrison's run, Monet manifesting Penance can just filed under secondary mutation.

Gimme my No Prize.
    Over the years, she’s been like... four characters in one?
    A set of twins, herself, and herself + emplate. Now Penance?
    Take the no-prize, it’s yours.