Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1087

Wait... I forgot about that. Aren’t some of these characters not Mutants anymore? I haven’t read everything since 2008, but Magneto got his powers from the High Evolutionary and Polaris from Apocalypse. Is that still a thing? Also what about X-Men who aren’t Mutants like Mimic or Juggernaut or Longshot? Would they still be welcome on Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Wait... I forgot about that. Aren’t some of these characters not Mutants anymore? I haven’t read everything since 2008, but Magneto got his powers from the High Evolutionary and Polaris from Apocalypse. Is that still a thing? Also what about X-Men who aren’t Mutants like Mimic or Juggernaut or Longshot? Would they still be welcome on Krakoa?
    I think the operating premise has been that characters like Magneto and Polaris that were repowered somehow regained their X-Gene in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    Let's talk about Scott's leadership. This was his mission and he got everyone on the team killed. What happened to the guy who said "Not Plan B. Plan 2. Plan B implies we only have 26."?
    To repeat myself:

Quote Originally Posted by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom View Post
    When something that Magneto wasn't even sure could be done needed doing, Cyclops said that if it needed to be done, it would done. He chose a team that accepted the mission for what it is, understood the stakes and the risks, and went in with their eyes wide open. They knew that they might not make it back. But coming back was secondary to completing the mission. And they achieved their objective. Mission accomplished. It seems there are people who don't think the mission was successful because everyone died, when that wasn't the point.

Magneto: This will be a frontal assault of an orbital station tens of millions of miles away built by a secret organization whose sole purpose is the extinction of mutants. Can such a thing even be done?
    Cyclops: ... Does it need doing?
    Professor Xavier: Yes.
    Cyclops: Then it will be done.

He was a man of his word.
    It seems some people aren't understanding that it was a suicide mission to begin with. The mission was to destroy Mother Mold, because, with Moira's info, they knew that Mother Mold's activation was the moment in history that would ultimately lead to Nimrod. They had to destroy Mother Mold in order to prevent Nimrod. He got the job done, just like he said he would.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I guess you could say Magneto's entire story-arc in multiple comics from SON OF M to the Utopia period was him trying to deal with losing his powers and mutant status. (He kind of hit rock-bottom; he was literally writing his last will and testament at one point.)

But it might have been nice to see a comic about average mutants--red-shirts, yeoman mutants not associated with the X-Men--and what happened to them the moment Wanda took their mutant nature and powers away; everything from minor disruption to injury and death. It's all water under the exploding-mutant-population bridge now. Thanks for the examples.
    I think there was a comic showing Mutants dying or getting injuries after Decimation. Maybe it was New Warriors or something about Mutant Town.

That period was quite depressing. I loved the Messiah arc though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think there was a comic showing Mutants dying or getting injuries after Decimation. Maybe it was New Warriors or something about Mutant Town.

That period was quite depressing. I loved the Messiah arc though.
    Yeah I agree, the gut punch of Decimation followed by the promise of hope (hehe) during the Messiah Complex and even the stories leading up to AvX were REALLY good. It's too bad Marvel botched the ending of that arc by shoehorning the Avengers into a storyline they were largely never apart of anyway.

I'll never forgive Marvel for throwing away years of sweet setup just so they could have their Heroes vs Heroes summer blockbuster event.

Astonishing Member

You it's really funny to think about that since the genocide of Genosha till now it's only been 2 years. Taking that into account Xavier's actions seem pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    You it's really funny to think about that since the genocide of Genosha till now it's only been 2 years. Taking that into account Xavier's actions seem pretty reasonable.
    Since Genosha genocide there has been

1. 198 held basically held in a internment camp by Sentinels
    2. Terrigen mist threatening to kill every mutant and humans turning on mutants for M-Pox. X-men had to flee the planet and live in limbo
    3. Rosenberg Uncanny second attempt of cultural genocide with a mutant cure. And mutants actively being hunted killed by a US government agency and several hate groups.

Xavier actions are more than reasonable

In retrospect after Rosenberg, USA should be thanking that the mutants did not decide to treat them as O.N.E. treated the mutants. And then a part of SHHIELD, SWORD, SPEAR and Alpha Flight is financing Mother Mold? You could say that Magneto in Jerusalem was tame.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In retrospect after Rosenberg, USA should be thanking that the mutants did not decide to treat them as O.N.E. treated the mutants. And then a part of SHHIELD, SWORD, SPEAR and Alpha Flight is financing Mother Mold? You could say that Magneto in Jerusalem was tame.
    Exactly Magneto said it in HoX #1 mutants could push their claim being the evolutionary successors of homo sapiens but their content in just carving out a little slice of the pie.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    It's said in HoX #1 that there are exceptions to the rule - Magneto, Polaris, Chamber, Moonstar, and others all had their X-Genes reactivated in different ways but then the "human" or "metahuman" X-Men like Longshot would/might be allowed on Krakoa because of theses exceptions, just like Jubilee's baby for instance.

Now... Mimic and Juggernaut are another question altogether. Mimic is dead, and Juggernaut might be too - but they're not mutants, so they might not be a part of this mass resurrection that seems to have happened.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    At this point, not letting mad lads like Magneto, Vulcan and Proteus just ravage the United States feels almost like a display of weakness.

The Marvel USA nearly deserves a version of the OML future, but only with mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's said in HoX #1 that there are exceptions to the rule - Magneto, Polaris, Chamber, Moonstar, and others all had their X-Genes reactivated in different ways but then the "human" or "metahuman" X-Men like Longshot would/might be allowed on Krakoa because of theses exceptions, just like Jubilee's baby for instance.

Now... Mimic and Juggernaut are another question altogether. Mimic is dead, and Juggernaut might be too - but they're not mutants, so they might not be a part of this mass resurrection that seems to have happened.
    Isn't Cain alive and well? I'm sure he will soon be on Duggan's Punisher book.

Even Sue, although she is obviously uncomfortable with the position of the mutants, does not know what to answer when Cyclops says that there is enough. That they will not accept more crap.

Because deep down she knows they are partly right.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Isn't Cain alive and well? I'm sure he will soon be on Duggan's Punisher book.
    I legitimately don't know. I just know that at the end of Rosenberg's run he got superaged and sent to Limbo.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

After numerous readings...HOX 04 is another perfect A+ 10/10 with 5 stars for emphasis book.

Cain is Cyttorak's favorite toy, for him it shouldn't be too complicated to get him out of Limbo. Other demons can enter Limbo even if they are weakened there, such as Dormammu.