Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    She still has telekinesis...when Scott talks about meeting up with her and using his optic blast to push them into an escape vector, he says Jean may need to use her power to hold the pod together.

This is simply a hugely out of character and subpar "Jean"
    Good catch. Okay, so she still has telekinesis.

My take on it is that the mind-link took so much effort she couldn't really do much else. I mean, her nose was bleeding, so she either got hurt in the initial explosion or else her telepathy was pushed to her limits. I imagine that connecting 8 minds and then those 8 minds back to a group of people a quarter of a galaxy away is probably pretty demanding.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Still missing A-listers Rogue, Psylocke, Gambit, Iceman, Rachel and Bishop in both books.
    You have a very broad definition of a lister

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Mystique was Up To Something.
    Apart from the obvious, in that she always is. Otherwise the character was redundant in this comic, and I don’t think there’s any dead space in the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Hickman’s Jean is embarrassing. She’s a useless damsel in distress that needs to be saved by her man.
    How innovative and provocative!
    Jean got hurt maybe they should have made that more clear, but she got hurt in the same attack that wounded Nightcrawler who can teleport away and Husk who can change to a form that would prevent her being hurt. Nothing is embarrassing she got hurt , why didn't she shield herself with TK because there wasn't any time to react and we have dead Angel and Husk to prove that. Jean was the communicating injuries to Xavier but she didn't talk about her own. Even a simple concussion would be enough to slow her down in mission that had a time limit.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This was definitely my favorite issue thus far. Even if I didn't like some things, the action/suspense was great.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 09-04-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Jean got hurt maybe they should have made that more clear, but she got hurt in the same attack that wounded Nightcrawler who can teleport away and Husk who can change to a form that would prevent her being hurt. Nothing is embarrassing she got hurt , why didn't she shield herself with TK because there wasn't any time to react and we have dead Angel and Husk to prove that. Jean was the communicating injuries to Xavier but she didn't talk about her own. Even a simple concussion would be enough to slow her down in mission that had a time limit.
    Not only that, but she was maintaining contact with Xavier and the crew back on Krakoa, which seemed to be taxing her and she was already injured, as you said.

Hickman’s Jean is embarrassing. She’s a useless damsel in distress that needs to be saved by her man.
    How innovative and provocative!
    Didn’t she get saved by Monet?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Didn’t she get saved by Monet?
    Im talking about when Cyclops is trying to get to her and she had 0 sense of agency.

Oh yeah. Stupid Cyclops, showing that he cares for her.
    so evil

Im talking about when Cyclops is trying to get to her and she had 0 sense of agency.
    Did that happen?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Oh yeah. Stupid Cyclops, showing that he cares for her.
    so evil
    Him caring for her is not the problem. It’s how all she does it wait for him instead of doing anything else on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Overall I really liked this issue.

Pros:

- Story is still great
    - Some of the best X-Men Action I've read in a long time
    - Most of the characters were great. Scott's leadership. Kurt's Optimism. Logan being the best at what he does. Monet was a bad ass

Cons:

Easily the Plot

- Big Metal Sentinel Head held by big chunk of metal in space near the sun and Magneto is your ally? Is there a reason why he wasn't brought on this mission?
    Yeah, I was like four collars are required, but one remaining collar is enough to withstand the pull and keep things operational? But hey, comic book logic. Still, the “Pros” were quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Did that happen?
    Well she does tell him to hurry.

What a needy pain in the arse she is!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Good catch. Okay, so she still has telekinesis.

My take on it is that the mind-link took so much effort she couldn't really do much else. I mean, her nose was bleeding, so she either got hurt in the initial explosion or else her telepathy was pushed to her limits. I imagine that connecting 8 minds and then those 8 minds back to a group of people a quarter of a galaxy away is probably pretty demanding.
    The Cuckoos and Xavier with Cerebra did a lot of the heavy lifting

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

The sun is about 93 million miles from Earth. Jean maintaining telepathic contact with Xavier (even with his Cerebro helmet) is still pretty impressive.