Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default JLA/Avengers issue #1

ja0101.jpg
    My look at issue one of this Epic crossover.

Incredible Member

I wish they'd release a trade of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I wish they'd release a trade of this.
    You're welcome

https://www.amazon.com/JLA-Avengers-...gateway&sr=8-2

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    And this is what happens when one uses their mastery of the internet for good.

And it will only cost you a hundred and twenty five dollars for a warn out paperback copy!

Incredible Member

I guess I should have been more specific. I'd like it rereleased so that its affordable. But thank you for assuming I can't use the search function on Amazon.

I too would love a re-release, but methinks the Mouse won't ever let that happen. I still have the floppies, and I picked up some nostalgic 90s gems I used to have but got rid of over the years (DC vs Marvel, the Amalgam stuff, Batman/Spider-Man, Batman/Captain America, GL/Silver Surfer) because we'll never get that stuff collected.

Spectacular Member

I still have my floppies too. A friend of mine had the foresight to buy the absolute edition long ago when it was in print for a small window of time. Now I mainly want it on digital.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

It's been suggested that this crossover had implied ramifications for the Marvel Universe for the next dozen-plus years. Apparently, Scarlet Witch's exposure to the DCU's chaos magic is what triggered her breakdown that resulted in HOUSE OF M and its long-reaching aftermath. For DC's part, the crossover did not appear to have any long-reaching ramifications.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Krona Egg popped up soon afterwards in the "Trinity" series, caused some problems, but I don't think it was used beyond the one storyline.

Ultimate Member

JLA/Avengers and the X-Men/Teen Titans crossover are easily my two favorite cross-company team-ups.

I love all the little jokes scattered through it, like Hawkeye snarking that the League are lame rip-offs of the Squadron Supreme, or Quicksilver's frustration that DC speedsters were all light-years faster than him, and he couldn't keep up.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    JLA/Avengers and the X-Men/Teen Titans crossover are easily my two favorite cross-company team-ups.

I love all the little jokes scattered through it, like Hawkeye snarking that the League are lame rip-offs of the Squadron Supreme, or Quicksilver's frustration that DC speedsters were all light-years faster than him, and he couldn't keep up.
    And the Marvel heroes being astonished that in the DC Universe, the public loved and honored their superheroes rather than feared and distrusted them.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    And the Marvel heroes being astonished that in the DC Universe, the public loved and honored their superheroes rather than feared and distrusted them.
    Oh yeah, Pietro's astonishment that in the DCU, there's a Flash Museum, for instance, was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

What's more amazing is, early as 1998/1999 Busiek and Perez announced in a special Avengers Wizard issue that if they ever were doing a JLA/Avengers crossover, they'd include Hawkeye just to say 'they're just a bunch of Squadron Supreme Wanabees" ... and they did

They also did a nod to the unreleased 80s crossover that was planned.