Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'll also add that the hardcover omnibus is really only a Marvel/DC format, so don't hold out hope for something like Paper Girls to be collected like that. At best, some creators will have the resources and capital to have a deluxe hardcover or two made for their independent titles, like I Hate Fairyland and Descender at Image. Or IDW has printed deluxe edition collections for their recent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series. That one for example is around 9 volumes so far, but I seriously doubt there will ever be an omnibus hardcover edition beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by superheroes for hire View Post
    I'll also add that the hardcover omnibus is really only a Marvel/DC format, so don't hold out hope for something like Paper Girls to be collected like that. At best, some creators will have the resources and capital to have a deluxe hardcover or two made for their independent titles, like I Hate Fairyland and Descender at Image. Or IDW has printed deluxe edition collections for their recent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series. That one for example is around 9 volumes so far, but I seriously doubt there will ever be an omnibus hardcover edition beyond that.
    They are all fooling you ! Editing a hardcover (omnibus or not) doesn't cost much more ! It is just an american thing to make them rare and to make them expensive.
    For exemple, european comics are all hardcover, no soft at all, and they are cheaper than any american tpb and is a bigger format as well !

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    They are all fooling you ! Editing a hardcover (omnibus or not) doesn't cost much more ! It is just an american thing to make them rare and to make them expensive.
    For exemple, european comics are all hardcover, no soft at all, and they are cheaper than any american tpb and is a bigger format as well !
    European comics aren't only hardcover. Some series come in hardcover, some in softcover and some in both. The format is mostly bigger, that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Well, I wasn't really "harsh". And you're only "a bit" stupid. But aren't we all "a bit" stupid ?
    Yeah, you are right. Sorry, I had a very bad day! But I understand that an Omni can have a soft cover, I own many like these.

Anyway, sometimes I'm just not patient enough to wait for an eventual soft-cover edition. For BPRD Plague of Frogs, I have the 4 soft-covers Omnibus, for Hell on Earth, I opted for the 5 HC Omni, then I have the 3 small TPB for the Devil You Know series. I'm fine with that!

For the Marvel event series, I always wait for the soft cover edition. Way more cheaper in Canada.