Here's mine. Not in any particular order:

Doctor Who (no surprise there)
    X-Files
    Battlestar Galactica
    Fringe
    Lost
    Stargate SG1
    Stargate Atlantis

Honorable mention to Firefly (if this show had a couple more seasons, it would be in my top 3)
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I think this is where they stand now.

1. Doctor Who (I don't think any series will ever come close, and mostly the old series; I'm not a big fan of the newer series)
    2. SG1
    3. X-Files
    4. Stranger Things
    5. TNG
    6. Fringe
    7. B5
    8. Farscape
    9. TOS
    10. DS9
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

This is where it stands for me, but yeah, for now. This is fluid. All of these are great.

01. Star Trek TOS
    02. Twilight Zone
    03. Battlestar Galactica (second series)
    04. The Expanse
    05. X-Files
    06. The Prisoner
    07. Outer Limits
    08. Babylon 5
    09. Doctor Who
    10. Lost
    Last edited by Rivka; 09-08-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Top Five in no Order

Star Trek Franchise

Babylon 5

Battlestar Galactica (Remake Series).

Dr. Who.

X-Files.

Honorable Mentions Red Dwarf, Fringe, Orville, Farscape, Eureka, Sliders, Firefly, Original Battlestar, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Warehouse 13, & Stargate SG-1/Stargate Atlantis
    Warehouse 13 is VERY underrated. I thought it was very good. My wife loves that show and she isn't a big time sci-fi fan.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Babylon 5
    Firefly
    Star Trek (all of them under one banner)
    Farscape
    Doctor Who
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer (not sure if it counts but if it does I want it on my list)
    If Buffy counts, then it's at the top of my list

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Farscape
    Babylon 5
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (it is better then TNG ..... there I said it)
    Doctor Who
    Orphan Black
    Ooooo, nice one. Totally forgot about OB.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    10. Lost
    I got soured on Lost because of the ending but I'm rewatching it with my SO bc she's never seen it. We're not through season 1 yet, but I forgot how good it is.
    Make Good Art

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I can't put the Battlestar Galactica reboot in my top 10 just because of just how god awful those last few episodes were. That garbage ending soured me on the whole series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I can't put the Battlestar Galactica reboot in my top 10 just because of just how god awful those last few episodes were. That garbage ending soured me on the whole series.
    Add me to this list. The ending was pure crap and I'll never watch another episode of the show again.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    What are your Top 5 or 7 Sci-Fi shows of all time?

Remember, this is a personal list. Everybody's list could be different and that's ok. You can include animation if you think it's good Sci-Fi.
    Top 7 Sci-Fi shows of all time:

Orphan Black
    Dexter's Laboratory
    Samurai Jack
    Star Wars: Clone Wars
    Sym-Bionic Titan
    Futurama
    Invader Zim
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

I really liked SLIDERS, but then it started getting less good. Not sure when that happened, though. But when it was good, it was fun and interesting with them traveling to all those parallel worlds. And I really liked the characters and their dynamics. What are the good seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Add me to this list. The ending was pure crap and I'll never watch another episode of the show again.
    I know how you feel. I feel similar about Game of Thrones, last season was so bad and ruined the whole thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Ooooo, nice one. Totally forgot about OB.
    I put Orphan Black on my list as well. To me it really wasn't that great of a show storywise as it lost the plot toward the end but its overall quality was great simply because of the sheer wonderment it gave in watching Tatiana Maslany make you forget she played half the cast. She deserved every award every year for her brilliance. Never was it more obvious to me than an episode where Cosima had to pretend to be Alison at some school function and I completely forget it was the same actress and thought to myself "Wow, the actress who plays Cosima is doing a really good job pretending to be Alison."

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I really liked SLIDERS, but then it started getting less good. Not sure when that happened, though. But when it was good, it was fun and interesting with them traveling to all those parallel worlds. And I really liked the characters and their dynamics. What are the good seasons?
    The first two seasons were good, but then Fox moved the show from Vancouver to L.A. (which meant they lost a lot of side characters and the locations that appeared in each episode on different Earths in the first two seasons) and Fox mandated a change in direction which was more action-oriented. Which upset the co-creator Tracy Tormé and they steadily lost their original cast members. The series was cancelled by Fox after the third season but picked up by SyFy and more of the cast was lost. By the 5th season the only actor left from the original cast was Cleavant Derricks as Rembrandt Brown.

While all these changes destroyed what the show started out as, I do remember liking some of the goofy ridiculousness of the later seasons. I've rewatched the earlier seasons, but I'm scared to go into those later seasons again and see how it all fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The first two seasons were good, but then Fox moved the show from Vancouver to L.A. (which meant they lost a lot of side characters and the locations that appeared in each episode on different Earths in the first two seasons) and Fox mandated a change in direction which was more action-oriented. Which upset the co-creator Tracy Tormé and they steadily lost their original cast members. The series was cancelled by Fox after the third season but picked up by SyFy and more of the cast was lost. By the 5th season the only actor left from the original cast was Cleavant Derricks as Rembrandt Brown.

While all these changes destroyed what the show started out as, I do remember liking some of the goofy ridiculousness of the later seasons. I've rewatched the earlier seasons, but I'm scared to go into those later seasons again and see how it all fell apart.
    Thank you, Jim. It's sad when these things happen to shows and movies you like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Warehouse 13 is VERY underrated. I thought it was very good. My wife loves that show and she isn't a big time sci-fi fan.
    What a great concept for sci-fi series this was. Should have been a monster hit. Wasn't there a comic about this premise?