Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Least favorite Spiderman villain

Spiderman has a huge cast of villains. Some great some lame. So who is your least favorite?

Mine has to be The Lizard. The whole I cant hurt him because he is my friend, I cant hurt him because he doesnt know what he is doing. That got old really fast. I never really enjoyed stories with him in it. Though I did enjoy The Tablet of Time Saga and he was in that.

So who is your least favorite and why?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

iMan 42s

Norman Osborn comes to mind as a narrative dead end that despite a few glimmers of hope hasn't exactly been a real winner in my book. There are a few things I like such as Iron Patriot and some Thunderbolts stuff, but I don't think it really required Osborn to fill that role. In fact I genuinely believe his best stories are behind him and that "dead is better", but I am willing to give his time as a thrall of Carnage a shot if we can get something out of him even if it is diet Cletus Kasady.

That being said I genuinely find the Inheritors to be some of the most mediocre crap ever put to paper in recent memory. I will point out that I didn't look into Spidergeddon so I don't know if they ever got redeemed and are actually compelling villains. They aren't particularly memorable aside from blunders like the way the death of MC2 Peter was handled and Morlun (but we already knew him). They do important things but aren't particularly memorable characters. You could on some level replace them with symbiotes and almost nothing would be changed.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The Inheritors (I don't think that will be controversial).

Inheritors look dope.

Know who doesn't look dope?

Jackal, who is so lame that when he actually looked dope, it was revealed to be another guy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Dr. Ock. Especially in this new Superior body.

I’ve never been a fan of the Enforcers myself.

Extraordinary Member

Vermin. He's always come off as a lamer version of Lizard to me.

Thumbs up

Boomerang, so Spencer's run has been a bit of a nightmare for me. With that said, the good things about the run have far outweighed Boomrang's annoying presence (thus far).

A close second are The Inheritors. If I never see those Spider Totem vampires again it'll be too soon.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Most of the BND-era villains like Screwball, Freak, Menace and Kraven’s daughter Ana, really sucked.

Also not a big fan of Carrion or Morlun.

There’s some others I don’t like, but they’re mostly forgotten like Typeface and Spidercide. The really lame ones thankfully don’t last very long (says the guy with the handle HypnoHustler, I know).
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 09-04-2019 at 01:38 PM.

I might have to say the Kravinoffs as my least favourite, mainly because they're the only Spidey villains I can think of off the top of my head that actively made me groan anytime they showed up.

At least the Inheritors while kind of bland, did occasionally have an amusing response between themselves, and ultimately were only there for 2 individual stories. Every time they popped during BND till Grim Hunt would sour me on the rest of the story that was going I was actually enjoying. They were just too unlikable and uninteresting to me, the worst kind of "master manipulator" villains. The best thing about Grim Hunt to me was Kraven coming back and immediately telling them how dumb they all were (and then also killing one of them).

Spidercide

Actually, I'll give it to Shriek. Not even JMD made her work.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Grey Goblin.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I might have to say the Kravinoffs as my least favourite, mainly because they're the only Spidey villains I can think of off the top of my head that actively made me groan anytime they showed up.

At least the Inheritors while kind of bland, did occasionally have an amusing response between themselves, and ultimately were only there for 2 individual stories. Every time they popped during BND till Grim Hunt would sour me on the rest of the story that was going I was actually enjoying. They were just too unlikable and uninteresting to me, the worst kind of "master manipulator" villains. The best thing about Grim Hunt to me was Kraven coming back and immediately telling them how dumb they all were (and then also killing one of them).
    I thought he killed two of them, his wife for orchestrating the whole damned thing, his resurrection included, and resurrected/mutated Vladimir as an act of mercy for his son. Then he had his surviving children hunt each other to see who'd be left standing as his heir, and Ana won that one. Also, to me, the best part of Grim Hunt was Spider-Man in the black suit and completely out of f***s to give, to the point of ripping Sasha Kravinoff's face off with his own version of the Mark of Kaine, even saying that it was a gift from his brother, more or less.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Norman Osbourne: Sorry, never got his appeal. I find him annoying.

Doc Ock: Strongly prefer Classic. Not this Superior Body/Story.

Shriek: Zero interest in this character. I'd be quite happy watching her die a brutal death