Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Least favorite Spiderman villain

Spiderman has a huge cast of villains. Some great some lame. So who is your least favorite?

Mine has to be The Lizard. The whole I cant hurt him because he is my friend, I cant hurt him because he doesnt know what he is doing. That got old really fast. I never really enjoyed stories with him in it. Though I did enjoy The Tablet of Time Saga and he was in that.

So who is your least favorite and why?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

iMan 42s

Norman Osborn comes to mind as a narrative dead end that despite a few glimmers of hope hasn't exactly been a real winner in my book. There are a few things I like such as Iron Patriot and some Thunderbolts stuff, but I don't think it really required Osborn to fill that role. In fact I genuinely believe his best stories are behind him and that "dead is better", but I am willing to give his time as a thrall of Carnage a shot if we can get something out of him even if it is diet Cletus Kasady.

That being said I genuinely find the Inheritors to be some of the most mediocre crap ever put to paper in recent memory. I will point out that I didn't look into Spidergeddon so I don't know if they ever got redeemed and are actually compelling villains. They aren't particularly memorable aside from blunders like the way the death of MC2 Peter was handled and Morlun (but we already knew him). They do important things but aren't particularly memorable characters. You could on some level replace them with symbiotes and almost nothing would be changed.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The Inheritors (I don't think that will be controversial).

Inheritors look dope.

Know who doesn't look dope?

Jackal, who is so lame that when he actually looked dope, it was revealed to be another guy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Dr. Ock. Especially in this new Superior body.

I’ve never been a fan of the Enforcers myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Norman Osborn comes to mind as a narrative dead end
    I disagree. If there is still stuff to be done with Spiderman, then there is still stuff to be done with Green Goblin. Him not being clinically insane might be a good place to begin.