Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

You people have a weird way of spelling Judas Traveller. Now, for real, there're few villains that I think are bad from the get go. I can think Carnage gets tiresome after a while, but characters like Judas Traveller, Spidercide and Freak are in a league of their own for how poor a villain can be
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Here's my list: White Rabbit, Scorpia, Kangaroo, Typeface, Spellcheck, Hypno Hustler, Killer Shrike, Black Fox, Boomerang, Overdrive, Freak, Paper Doll, The Queen, Trapstr, Inheritors (except I like Morlun alone), the Poisons, Morbius, Gog, Looter, Screwball (screw her in the PS4 game), Jason Macendale, Raptor, The Bookie, Menace, Those weird Ancient Creatures from ASM #555, Calypso, Will O' the Wisp, f***ing Slyde, Stegron, Scrier, and Judas Traveler

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Norman Osbourne: Sorry, never got his appeal. I find him annoying.

Doc Ock: Strongly prefer Classic. Not this Superior Body/Story.

Shriek: Zero interest in this character. I'd be quite happy watching her die a brutal death
    On the last one, you kind of get your wish in Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors, as Carnage rips out her spine to absorb the Scorn codex from when she was that symbiote's first host, though her body is used to revive Demogoblin.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    On the last one, you kind of get your wish in Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors, as Carnage rips out her spine to absorb the Scorn codex from when she was that symbiote's first host, though her body is used to revive Demogoblin.
    Carnage kills Shriek? I thought they were lovers!

Definitely Screwball, I couldn't even finished the last DLC from the PS4 Spider-Man game because another annoying Screwball mission appeared near the beginning of it.

But the Inheritors are a close second. Bland vampire cosplayers with completely vague powersets. Kind of like Judas Traveller before he was retconned into a low level telepath and tossed into the dumpster.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Carnage kills Shriek? I thought they were lovers!
    Yeah, that was pretty shocking, but he seemed just fine making out with her Demogoblin-possessed corpse, so there was that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Inheritors look dope.

Know who doesn't look dope?

Jackal, who is so lame that when he actually looked dope, it was revealed to be another guy.
    I'd take classic Jackal over the Inheritor's generic aesthetic. Although I guess they're better then 90's Jackal .
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Most of the BND-era villains like Screwball, Freak, Menace and Kraven’s daughter Ana, really sucked.
    Did anybody like Freak?

Screwball...I dunno. I kinda get what they were going for with her but her kind of gimmick can get old really fast. Just look at how hated she ended up being in the PS4 game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I might have to say the Kravinoffs as my least favourite, mainly because they're the only Spidey villains I can think of off the top of my head that actively made me groan anytime they showed up.

At least the Inheritors while kind of bland, did occasionally have an amusing response between themselves, and ultimately were only there for 2 individual stories. Every time they popped during BND till Grim Hunt would sour me on the rest of the story that was going I was actually enjoying. They were just too unlikable and uninteresting to me, the worst kind of "master manipulator" villains. The best thing about Grim Hunt to me was Kraven coming back and immediately telling them how dumb they all were (and then also killing one of them).
    I dunno. The Kravinoffs seemed more interesting to me if only because they had all that family history and continuity with the Spider-Books. I mean, Chameleon alone is worth, like, 4 Inheritors.

Vulture, Mysterio, Black Cat, Styx & Stone.

Norman Osborn. His return hasn't really lead to anything interesting. And Harry just made a better Green Goblin anyway.

Astonishing Member

Kraven, really.

He’s been nothing but a bore. Absolutely no good stories.

Amazing Member

Judas Traveller
    The Scriers
    Grizzly
    Kangaroo
    Override
    Screwball
    White Rabbit
    Menace
    Iron Patriot
    Clone Saga Jackal
    Clone Conspiracy Ben Reilly

Yeah, mainly Brand new day and Clone Saga villains.

Morlun (and by extension, the Inheritors).

Not only is he one-note as hell, but dude is WAY too powerful to be a Spider-Man villain.

The fact that they have to water down the Spider-Man line to bring in 200 different lame, alternative universe versions of Spider-Man to beat him every few years now is proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Harry just made a better Green Goblin anyway.
    I totally agree that Harry was a better, much more interesting Green Goblin than Norman, which is why I was fine with Norman being dead.

I hate that they brought Norman back, because he hasn't really had a good story since he was dead. Norman reached his apex as a character and as a villain; there was really no need to bring him back, especially since Harry filled the role of Green Goblin so well (arguably better than Norman).

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I totally agree that Harry was a better, much more interesting Green Goblin than Norman, which is why I was fine with Norman being dead.

I hate that they brought Norman back, because he hasn't really had a good story since he was dead. Norman reached his apex as a character and as a villain; there was really no need to bring him back, especially since Harry filled the role of Green Goblin so well (arguably better than Norman).
    Disagree. My favorite Green Goblin stories were after his return. Particularly “A Death In The Family” which is one of my favorite Spider-Man stories of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Disagree. My favorite Green Goblin stories were after his return. Particularly “A Death In The Family” which is one of my favorite Spider-Man stories of all time.
    Well, hey...at least you didn't say, like, Sins Past or anything...haha!

The fact that after bringing him back, Marvel spent years trying to fashion Norman into a Lex Luthor knockoff and basically took him away from Spider-Man and made him a greater Marvel Universe villain says a lot, IMO.

Even now, when they tell Norman Osborn stories in the pages of Spider-Man books, they have to merge him with a symbiote and tie him to Carnage to try to find different ways to make Norman seem fresh, threatening, and relevant to present day Spider-Man mythology. To me, that's almost like them admitting WITHOUT admitting that Norman should have stayed dead, that his best Green Goblin stories are long behind him
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 09-05-2019 at 09:08 AM.