Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Richard Rider showing up in Captain Marvel 2?

https://www.themix.net/2019/09/rumor...tain-marvel-2/

Just saw this on my FB feed. Not exactly the good rumor news I was hoping for but I guess it'd make sense with everything that has happened and didn't happen with the MCU and Marvel Studios.

I still have a strong dislike with the Capt Marvel film after what they did with the real Mar-Vell. Maybe, on the bright side this could be a good thing and help both characters out. Despite "Captain Marvel" becoming a (very questionable) box office "hit" and somehow establishing Carol Danvers as a "strong female role model".

Shame that the GOTG had already established a relationship with Xandar and the Nova Corps though.

Regardless of my general dislike for some aspects of the Capt Marvel film, it may be safer for Rich to be introduced with comic accurate powers and out of the scope of James Gunn and his awful stumblings with the Nova Corps in general.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 10-01-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

This one's bull. If they're about to introduce Rich, it would be in GOTG 3, not Captain Marvel 2. Cap will already be introducing Spectrum, and is likely also to use Kamala after her Disney+ show.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This one's bull. If they're about to introduce Rich, it would be in GOTG 3, not Captain Marvel 2. Cap will already be introducing Spectrum, and is likely also to use Kamala after her Disney+ show.
    I don't want to see Rich under Gunn to be honest. And i'm also dreading what he's going to do with Adam Warlock.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Well, as mentioned in the first post, the Guardians already met the Nova Corps. It just makes sense that Rich would end up appearing with them.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Doubt Gunn's gonna touch Richard Rider after his extreme fans on cosmicbooknews harassed him and gave his phone number on the website. I bet he doesn't want to just inspite of the a-holes. Plenty other characters he can toy with anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Doubt Gunn's gonna touch Richard Rider after his extreme fans on cosmicbooknews harassed him and gave his phone number on the website. I bet he doesn't want to just inspite of the a-holes. Plenty other characters he can toy with anyways.
    Being a Nova and Quasar fan Is suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Being a Nova and Quasar fan Is suffering.

Meanwhile Janet Van Dyne fans:

Last edited by Captain M; 10-01-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Meanwhile Janet Van Dyne fans:

Isn't she doing the nasty with Tony in Dan Slott's Iron Man?

Isn't she doing the nasty with Tony in Dan Slott's Iron Man?
    She's doing okay in comics right now, but she's like the only B-Lister to not have received a solo book or a mini series ever, like, basically the only one. perhaps literally the only one. and she's not gonna get one.

because

she's the only character the mcu outright fucked over. completely removed any relevance, and literally replaced her with an original character and gave her 9 minutes of screentime in a side movie. no avengers ties at all. can't make this up.

so richard or quasar might take a few more years to be in mcu but eventually they'll get their time with the mcu tackling soooo many characters with the d+ shows and 3-4 movies a year but the ship has sailed on janet

She's doing okay in comics right now, but she's like the only B-Lister to not have received a solo book or a mini series ever, like, basically the only one. perhaps literally the only one. and she's not gonna get one.

because

she's the only character the mcu outright fucked over. completely removed any relevance, and literally replaced her with an original character and gave her 9 minutes of screentime in a side movie. no avengers ties at all. can't make this up.

so richard or quasar might take a few more years to be in mcu but eventually they'll get their time with the mcu tackling soooo many characters with the d+ shows and 3-4 movies a year but the ship has sailed on janet
    As a big fan of Mar-Vell, i think he got it slightly worse than Janet.

As a big fan of Mar-Vell, i think he got it slightly worse than Janet.
    well, he was killed off decades ago in the comics, it's a famous story, he is a relatively well known character with the fans but it was some time ago and as years past he lost relevance and exposure. I don't mean this this in a confrontational way but mar-vell is more like a C lister who has appeared in 1/5 of the comics Janet has so while sure, he was screwed over too, when you consider how essential Janet is to the lore of Avengers, there was none of that in the movies, it's just so much worse in comparison with their relative profile. And they literally created a whole new Wasp. At least mar-vell in the movies was still a decent part of the captain marvel movie and had a deep connection to carol and meant a lot to her in many ways. Janet isn't 1/100 the character she is in the comics. It's not like Mar-Vell was gonna go be in multiple movies. Janet was. She should have been on the level of black widow. She was going to be. She was almost in the first avengers movie. What happened with her is such a special case that I don't know if anything else compares.

I'm sorry if you feel you really got screwed over by mar-vell, I hope they do nova better.
    Last edited by Captain M; 10-01-2019 at 12:20 PM.

well, he was killed off decades ago in the comics, it's a famous story, he is a relatively well known character with the fans but it was some time ago and as years past he lost relevance and exposure. I don't mean this this in a confrontational way but mar-vell is more like a C lister who has appeared in 1/5 of the comics Janet has so while sure, he was screwed over too, when you consider how essential Janet is to the lore of Avengers, there was none of that in the movies, it's just so much worse in comparison with their relative profile. And they literally created a whole new Wasp. At least mar-vell in the movies was still a decent part of the captain marvel movie and had a deep connection to carol and meant a lot to her in many ways. Janet isn't 1/100 the character she is in the comics. It's not like Mar-Vell was gonna go be in multiple movies. Janet was. She should have been on the level of black widow. She was going to be. She was almost in the first avengers movie. What happened with her is such a special case that I don't know if anything else compares.

I'm sorry if you feel you really got screwed over by mar-vell, I hope they do nova better.
    No problemo, thanks for the support

Of course, the comics couldn't even properly synergise. Because of comics Hank and Janet being so much younger, Hope needed a lot of changes to be viable in 616, to the point that Nadia pretty much isn't the same character at all. I like Nadia, but it does make you wonder why they bothered. Count yourself lucky that they didn't put Hank and Janet into a time eddy that aged them up by decades... not that Hank's actual fate is much better.

I mean, at least Mar-Vell got the most key moment of the character’s history — dying.

Ultimate Member

Shame that the GOTG had already established a relationship with Xandar and the Nova Corps though.
    It would be the work of a half a moment to come up with a way to introduce powered Nova Corps folk in the MCU.

Xandar had, for a time, the Power Stone.

Hydra, which is far less technologically advanced or 'Infinity Stone savvy' than Xandar, managed to empower the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver via the Mind Stone, which they also only had for a time. (I think the time that Xandar had the Power Stone was actually longer than the time that Hydra took to empower Wanda and Pietro with the Mind Stone, but they did bury a lot of people in the process and I'll assume Xandar was not so cavalier about it...)

Therefore, Xandar *should* have been able to empower a 'Nova Corps' of powered defenders using the Power Stone, perhaps by bleeding off some of it's planet-busting power into special helmets (the way Hydra, back in WW2, bled off some of the tesseracts power into special guns). And, based on Quicksilver gaining *super-speed* from the *Mind Stone,* it doesn't seem that what sort of stone you are using matters much as to what sort of powers you are unlocking. And yet these powered defenders proved insufficient to take down Thanos and his Black Order (who may indeed have lost a few members in this fight, that we never saw, nobody says that Thanos had to completely steamroller them!).

And so one of these helmets falls to Earth (or perhaps there's just the one helmet, with other super-Xandarians being a dude who turned to diamond and a dude who can siphon energy, like the old-school 'Protectors of Xandar' from the comics?). Turns out it's nearly indestructible, and survived the death of it's wearer. It's found by Rich, and life goes on.

All the pieces are in place, the backstory written in their own movies, so it's perfectly do-able, if Marvel wants to go there.