Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contagion

Default Contagion

What are people’s thoughts on this mini, so far? I’m enjoying the body horror-lite aspect of it, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    What are people’s thoughts on this mini, so far? I’m enjoying the body horror-lite aspect of it, myself.
    I think it’s alright so far. Story is just interesting enough to keep my attention. Don’t really like the revolving door of artists. Some of them make the body horror work, others don’t. Unironically I think my favourite part of this event so far is Piledriver eating a sandwich in a room full of superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy Ran The Aluminum Foot View Post
    I think it’s alright so far. Story is just interesting enough to keep my attention. Don’t really like the revolving door of artists. Some of them make the body horror work, others don’t. Unironically I think my favourite part of this event so far is Piledriver eating a sandwich in a room full of superheroes.
    Lol. I loved that. And his bewildered, “Wait...who’s the D-List villain...?”

BANNED

It reminds me too much of Trolls 2 ugh! At least Danielle isn't pissing on the Fantastic Four or the infected heroes to keep them away from her.

I like the series, but it suffers from the same trope all infection-based horror stories do. Absolute human stupidity.
    The thing literally handed an infected kid to her friend or brother or whatever. Way to infect that kid Ben.
    And of course Reed Richards who is supposedly one of the smartest people in the MU gets himself infected in the dumbest way possible. It's like something from Promethius where scientists don't know the basics of scientific investigation or quarantine.
    #EmmaWasRight

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I like the series, but it suffers from the same trope all infection-based horror stories do. Absolute human stupidity.
    The thing literally handed an infected kid to her friend or brother or whatever. Way to infect that kid Ben.
    And of course Reed Richards who is supposedly one of the smartest people in the MU gets himself infected in the dumbest way possible. It's like something from Promethius where scientists don't know the basics of scientific investigation or quarantine.
    To be fair to Ben, he at least tells the kid not to directly touch the girl. And by that point, he seems aware that he isn't being infected.

Reed is...well, Reed.

One thing I haven't seen talked about is the lack of the X-Men. They aren't just there, but are actively staying away.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    One thing I haven't seen talked about is the lack of the X-Men. They aren't just there, but are actively staying away.
    And Hank McCoy would be the guy you want investigating this too...with Hank Pym being somewhat...Ultron.

Ultimate Member

I really don't understand why the street level heroes are supposed to be the focus of this. When a super fungus invades, no one says "Get the Punisher!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I really don't understand why the street level heroes are supposed to be the focus of this. When a super fungus invades, no one says "Get the Punisher!"
    In story, it does make sense. They don't want the Avengers there because the fungus would absorb their powers. The FF are taken out very quickly, which leaves the X-Men, who just aren't there because they'd rather be on their island.

BANNED

Ed Brisson has already thrown shade on the X-Mens non participation by having Iron Fist calling them out for acting like weirdos. Perhaps he was a mite miffed he didn't get the mutants to cameo for this crossover like the way Avengers did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Ed Brisson has already thrown shade on the X-Mens non participation by having Iron Fist calling them out for acting like weirdos. Perhaps he was a mite miffed he didn't get the mutants to cameo for this crossover like the way Avengers did.
    But it's not a bad point to make, especially since this is the new status quo moving forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But it's not a bad point to make, especially since this is the new status quo moving forward.
    Never said that he hadn't a point. It works as a in universe point of view and also as meta commentary.

Was Tony Stark in the last issue? I know he was in issue 3. So I was wondering if he was in the last.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I just didn't get it. I mean the grand picture like was it just suppose to be a fun story, was it suppose to be important. It just felt like something that could have been done as a one and done issue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Maybe it's suppose to be a lead up to the new plant like weapon x soldier? still feel it could have been done in one issue 2 max though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/