Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
Wow! I had not realized it had been that long...but maybe that is why the series is really hitting on all cylinders now. When a writer becomes that invested in the characters, good stories come. Mind you, I am trusting that this storyline will end with Terry back in the suit. He really is the only proper person to be the future Batman, just like Bruce is the only "real" Batman in the "present."

I hope that 5G will not affect this at all. As I have stated many times, part of what I love about Batman Beyond is that it doesn't get dragged down into every silly present day major crossover "event." I am SO SICK OF THESE STUPID "EVENTS"!!!!!!

Sorry. Didn't mean to shout. But the point is that this title works best when it does not link itself to whatever the current-day titles are doing. It is "A" future of the DC Universe, not necessarily "THE" future. That is always true about any of these "future" comics, including the Legion.

As for including future versions of other current heroes...again, one of the greatest strengths of BB is that it has not given in to the temptation of overloading the stories with legacy heroes. It builds its own universe of characters Every now and then we have a future version of a current hero, and that is fine and natural--but no need for that to happen constantly. In other words, I agree with Jurgens: no current plans, but maybe in the future.
What I meant was less using older versions of current day heroes and more resolving dropped plot threads from Futures End and DC You Batman Beyond. The two big ones are, what happened to the Tim Drake Batman's resistance in NYC? In the last issue of Futures End, he's with them but in the first issue of DC YOU BB, he's returned to Neo Gotham. Then, there's Prince Tuftan and all his evolved animals who allied with Dr. Abel Cuvier. Finally, there's whatever happened to Tim Drake himself. Last we heard, he just disappeared in the past after a mission with the Teen Titans.