Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    whatever happened to Inque? did they kill her off or did they simply forget about her?
    As near as I can tell, she last appeared in 2016, when Tim Drake was wearing the suit. She helped him in the final battle with Brother Eye. While the book ends suggesting that she died in the assault, we have no body...and we all know what that means.

So, it has been a little over 4 years since we last saw her. However, because most story lines run for 5 or 6 issues (just the right size for a TPB), that is only about 9 storylines since she last appeared, which isn't all that many.

On the other hand, Damian has shown up twice in that time, so, yes, I get your point.

It has been longer since we last saw Shriek (circa 2014). Spellbinder showed up later in 2016 than Inque, but he also has not been used since. Curare was last used in a number of issues in 2017; Stalker in 2018. In general, I approve of expanding Terry's Rogue's Galley, so I am okay with "resting" some of his "classic" adversaries in favor of new concepts. But I agree with you that Inque is do for another round.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Sadly, not a huge surprise. When DC cancelled "The Terrifics" it was clear that they were going to cancel their interesting, well-written self-contained books in favor of sloppily written crossover-happy "event" books. But 50 issues for a title like Batman Beyond is pretty impressive.

And maybe, just maybe, once the current "events" are finished and Metal is sent to the rubbish bin, maybe this title will come back.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

While we still have it, let's enjoy it. Issue #47, the conclusion of "The Eradication Agenda" (or what I have laughingly referred to as "Endless Winter Beyond"). The story is a good, old-fashioned hero vs. villain slugfest. This is old style comic writing: not some pompous writer thinking he or she is writing deep and insightful Pulitzer Prize material. Just a master of the craft telling a good story. This is what brought me into comics, and this is why I stay.

I don't want to do many spoilers, but I repeat what I said upthread: I am growing very fond of Goliath. I don't care for Damian (as an adult or as a child), but if putting up with the little brat is the price to pay for having Goliath around, it is worth it. spoilers:
    My favorite part of the story is Goliath saving Terry from dying in space. Considering the history between them, I found this quite moving. Clearly, he does not hold grudges. And, is it just me reading into it, but does Goliath seem to support Terry's point at the end?
    end of spoilers

And the story blatantly leaves open a possible return of Mr. Zero, which would be--ahem--cool. If the book were to continue, I mean.

I will miss this book. I hope another iteration of BB gets launched soon.

Incredible Member

So, pretty big continuity error in issue #49. Booster Gold says the Beyond suit hadn't even been conceived by 2020, but we've previously seen it in Batman #20 (New 52) and Scott Snyder's Batman Who Laughs mini-series. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the series finale and for Batman Beyond to get a much-needed rest. Jurgens' work on the title has been mediocre at best. The world of Neo-Gotham deserves better than this... I just hope whoever writes the next comic is someone who actually watched the show, which he clearly hasn't.

Yes, I was suspicious that there was a continuity error there too.

Jurgens has been writing Batman Beyond for quite a while now. I did not enjoy the Future's End/Tim Drake Beyond stories, nor the early "Okay, Terry is back but the world is a post-apocalyptic nightmare" stories. But I enjoy how he is currently writing the character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Yes, I was suspicious that there was a continuity error there too.

Jurgens has been writing Batman Beyond for quite a while now. I did not enjoy the Future's End/Tim Drake Beyond stories, nor the early "Okay, Terry is back but the world is a post-apocalyptic nightmare" stories. But I enjoy how he is currently writing the character.
    You can probably write that error off as this specific iteration of the suit or the time travel occurs before Batman Who Laughs.

I am glad that they retconned the post-apocalyptic to barely apocalyptic and really only New York City got messed up, Metropolis got usurped by Cuvier and Africa got an economic collapse. It makes it easier to acknowledge and move on from.

I am hoping that Jurgens will get to wrap up all loose ends after Future State is done, maybe in a final volume or limited series. But if next issue is the end, let's hope that it's a good end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Sadly, not a huge surprise. When DC cancelled "The Terrifics" it was clear that they were going to cancel their interesting, well-written self-contained books in favor of sloppily written crossover-happy "event" books. But 50 issues for a title like Batman Beyond is pretty impressive.

And maybe, just maybe, once the current "events" are finished and Metal is sent to the rubbish bin, maybe this title will come back.
    Fingers crossed.

Jurgen's really upped his game during the Rebirth run

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    So, pretty big continuity error in issue #49. Booster Gold says the Beyond suit hadn't even been conceived by 2020, but we've previously seen it in Batman #20 (New 52) and Scott Snyder's Batman Who Laughs mini-series. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the series finale and for Batman Beyond to get a much-needed rest. Jurgens' work on the title has been mediocre at best. The world of Neo-Gotham deserves better than this... I just hope whoever writes the next comic is someone who actually watched the show, which he clearly hasn't.
    Yeah, the digital first books were much better so hopefully we get back to that level of quality.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Fingers crossed.

Jurgen's really upped his game during the Rebirth run
    Here's hoping.

The original solicit for Vol 8, before Jurgens shifted gears to the Booster Gold story, seemed interesting and seems to indicate what he'd do if he ever got back to it:

"
    After her epic battle against Blight--Batwoman's identity is revealed to all of Neo-Gotham!

How will our heroine navigate the world with her secret exposed?

Where is the Batman of Tomorrow?

Who will be Batwoman's ally as she continues to fight for justice?! Or will she be forced to face her greatest enemy...alone?

Find out in this collection of Batman Beyond #43-48!

"

Of course, it's clear he nixed this storyline when he decided to bring Terry back instead of keeping him amnesiac for a bit longer (with his original intention probably having been bring him back at #50).