Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm thinking about read through this Batman Beyond series. Is it any good?

The only Batman Beyond I've consumed is the old school series, and I loved it.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Mighty Member

Personally, I highly suggest Adam Beechen's Batman Beyond as well as Derek Fridolfs and Dustin Nguyen's Justice League Beyond run.

As for this one? I've come around on it. I don't think there's anything great about it, but it's pretty good, and it is incredibly consistent as far as quality and structure (except Batgirl Beyond's reintroduction and immediate disappearance. I don't mean to harp on that too much, as I've brought it up before. I don't even really care; it's just odd. Given what I believe to be the strength of this most recent issue, it's odd that she's not involved and may never be seen again. Why even bring her over from the last run?).

This is one of the best DC titles currently imo.

This run has been sadly slept on.

I agree completely.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

This is really nice to hear! I just popped in here to ask if it is a comic worth checking out. Have always been intrigued by Batman Beyond

Incredible Member

I am happy to see Dick as part of the cast, but intensely dislike Damian being such a ...dick... in the actual story, to his former mentor.

Yeah. Is one of my favorites despite initially I was against the Damian Al Ghul decision.

Incredible Member

I'm happy to see this title is still going strong. I'm assuming the trade sales or digital sales are high. Hopefully this continues past 50 onto 75.

I completely agree, it's been one of my favorite DC titles for a while now and it gets almost no recognition.
    Last edited by 9th.; 08-27-2020 at 12:29 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

It really is a solid run. One of the bare few I'm still following since Rebirth began.

So issue # 46 is out, and Terry and the gang fight against the possibility of an endless winter. {Okay, intentional jab at the next "Big Event." I apologize.}

So Terry, Elainna, Damian, Dick and Goliath head off to stop the big freeze. One pleasant surprise is that the issue was not filled with Terry and Damian arguing with each other. Instead, Damian spends his time arguing with the Graysons. Hmmmmmm: Damian being the jackass that he is, is it possible that this is his way of flirting with Elainna?

What I did find interesting is that Terry is mega-focussed on this mission. I mean, he is Bruce-like focussed. No jokes, no quips. And it fits, really. After losing his identity (as both Batman and Terry) he is back, more determined (or obsessed) than ever. What has always made Terry THE successor to Batman is that, when push comes to shove, he IS Batman. He will always do whatever it takes to protect the innocent and bring the guilty to justice. As Bruce told him in the "Return of the Joker" movie, "it is not Batman that makes you worthwhile. It's the other way around." Terry is facing the potential end of the world and he really doesn't have time for the petty sniping between the Graysons and Damian.

And I have grown quite fond of Goliath. Elainna apologizing to him was a highlight of the issue.

Now the down side. The hi-tech "Batsuite" has already failed. Okay, it was predictable that a failure of the technology that keeps it safe was going to happen. But so soon? Really? Let it prove its worth first and THEN have it fail, not fall at the first challenge. It is like the Titanic sinking not because it hit an iceberg, but because it sank while it was still in port.

But that is a minor quibble.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    So issue # 46 is out, and Terry and the gang fight against the possibility of an endless winter. {Okay, intentional jab at the next "Big Event." I apologize.}

So Terry, Elainna, Damian, Dick and Goliath head off to stop the big freeze. One pleasant surprise is that the issue was not filled with Terry and Damian arguing with each other. Instead, Damian spends his time arguing with the Graysons. Hmmmmmm: Damian being the jackass that he is, is it possible that this is his way of flirting with Elainna?

What I did find interesting is that Terry is mega-focussed on this mission. I mean, he is Bruce-like focussed. No jokes, no quips. And it fits, really. After losing his identity (as both Batman and Terry) he is back, more determined (or obsessed) than ever. What has always made Terry THE successor to Batman is that, when push comes to shove, he IS Batman. He will always do whatever it takes to protect the innocent and bring the guilty to justice. As Bruce told him in the "Return of the Joker" movie, "it is not Batman that makes you worthwhile. It's the other way around." Terry is facing the potential end of the world and he really doesn't have time for the petty sniping between the Graysons and Damian.

And I have grown quite fond of Goliath. Elainna apologizing to him was a highlight of the issue.

Now the down side. The hi-tech "Batsuite" has already failed. Okay, it was predictable that a failure of the technology that keeps it safe was going to happen. But so soon? Really? Let it prove its worth first and THEN have it fail, not fall at the first challenge. It is like the Titanic sinking not because it hit an iceberg, but because it sank while it was still in port.

But that is a minor quibble.
    That man hates to not be allowed to drive. About petty fight with Graysons, remember the time when he threw huge tantrum over the prospect of Dick having a child?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    That man hates to not be allowed to drive. About petty fight with Graysons, remember the time when he threw a huge tantrum over the prospect of Dick having a child?
    because he wants to be his child

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    About petty fight with Graysons, remember the time when he threw huge tantrum over the prospect of Dick having a child?
    Did I mention the bit about Damian being a jackass?

whatever happened to Inque? did they kill her off or did they simply forget about her?