Default Batman vs. Kaido's 'Gifters' (including Bat-Man)

Scenario: Batman finds himself far from Gotham City, and in the wasteland of Wano Country. It doesn't take him very long to discover that while the Flower Capital is prosperous, the rest of the country (thanks to Kaido and Shogun Orochi) has degenerated into a miserable land filled with poisoned waters. Wandering through the town of leftovers, Okobore Town, and trying to help the residents with their food shortage, he encounters one of Kaido's 'gifters' - those who have eaten successful artificial SMILE Devil Fruits and thus turned into half-human half-animal hybrids.

And wouldn't you just know it? The first of the Gifters he runs into is his namesake. Bat-Man. This Gifter has incredible super-hearing which is six times that of a normal human's, and is capable of firing seemingly a hundred arrows a second.

And should the Dark Knight survive the encounter with his almost namesake, the speedy Gazelleman is waiting in the wings. Gazelleman can turn his legs into that of a gazelle and move super-fast. While Gazelleman hasn't had much participation in fight scenes, he is capable of kidnapping people or stealing while others are distracted, and making a quick getaway. Could Batman find a counter to his speed?

And then there's his superior Holdem, whose SMILE Fruit power allows him to generate a lion's head and forelegs, possessing great strength in his lion parts. He's also skilled in swordplay, but just how skilled he is is not really known.

What could Batman do to defeat this trio of Gifters?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The Grifters are actually superhuman. Batman will die in short order.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, they're borderline jokes to a serious Luffy and Zoro. But that still puts the way above Batman's paygrade.

Bats get stomped. Hard.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 09-05-2019 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, they're borderline jokes to a serious Luffy and Zoro. But that still puts the way above Batman's paygrade.

Bats get stomped. Hard.
    I'm kind of surprised by the responses here. I put in Gazelleman and Holdem because I thought just pitting Batman against his namesake (the most obvious confrontation) would be too easy for the Dark Knight. I was even predicting that many Rumblers would pretty much invoke the 'Batgod' thing and state that the Gifters wouldn't be that much of a challenge. But it seems I was wrong about that one.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I'm kind of surprised by the responses here. I put in Gazelleman and Holdem because I thought just pitting Batman against his namesake (the most obvious confrontation) would be too easy for the Dark Knight. I was even predicting that many Rumblers would pretty much invoke the 'Batgod' thing and state that the Gifters wouldn't be that much of a challenge. But it seems I was wrong about that one.
    even lower level guys like the gifters are still far beyond what bruce can handle. i mean, they are members of a emperor's crew in the new world. that only puts them a bit out bruce's paygrade.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    The "Batgod" trope isn't exactly viewed favorably around here. Batman doesn't just win fights because he's Batman.

His usual level of physical prowess and skill and equipment won't get him anywhere against the Gifters.

Also, Holdem is a headliner. Batman wants even less to do with that guy.