Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think Psylocke is a good fit for Krieger's virtual girlfriend

BANNED

good job on the Jean and Beast image.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Krieger isn't obsessed with any of Archer's exes, though. Krieger is somewhere between Dr. Nemesis and Madison Jeffries. Crazy and kinda creepy, sure, but not that bitter. At the very least, he wouldn't brag about scoring with moar ladies out of spite.
    When has Henry obsessed over Scott's exes? Jean jumped ship when she found out Scott becomes an asshole in the future. Heck, in the old Lee/Kirby days Henry and Warren were the ones making moves on Jean, who played up the attention from boys her own age, like any young girl would. Scott was busy being a weirdo writing secret poems and fan ficiton about having sex with her.

Henry has more class than to shame Scott with the numbers of women he's partied with and bedded. Besides:
    SpaceChicksareBestChicks.jpg

Someone just can't deal with Henry being the better man. Because if we are talking clingy exes; how many times has Scott showed up at the JGS, foaming at the mouth, blaming his problems on Henry, accusing his fellow X-Men of plotting to kill him and then blow up some of the campus. Where as Henry, knowing the location of Scott's secret base, has not made one single house call.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Most of the above has very little or nothing to do with Archer/X-Men mashups.

Cyril Figgis clearly isn't over Archer's ex, he gets off on pretending he's suuuch a better man, he keeps whining about Archer being a jerk and yet does so little about it. That's Henry McCoy's current shtick. Heck, Lana totally pulled a Here Comes Tomorrow in season five's penultimate episode when she decreed "Archer Time".

Sure, no higher being has shown up to tell Cyril how disgusting he was, but the analogy is still solid overall.

BANNED

Most of the above has very little or nothing to do with Archer/X-Men mashups.

Cyril Figgis clearly isn't over Archer's ex, he gets off on pretending he's suuuch a better man, he keeps whining about Archer being a jerk and yet does so little about it. That's Henry McCoy's current shtick. Heck, Lana totally pulled a Here Comes Tomorrow in season five's penultimate episode when she decreed "Archer Time".

Sure, no higher being has shown up to tell Cyril how disgusting he was, but the analogy is still solid overall.
    Henry isn't hung up on any of Scott's exes. Who is this "ex" you keep claiming Henry isn't over?

Henry doesn't pretend or derive sexual gratification from pretending he's a better man than Scott. He ignores Scott until the subject is brought up.

Scott is a jerk and Henry told him so, that isn't whining, just the truth.

I fail to see any correlation between Here Comes Tomorrow and anything from Archer.

You haven't sat down and read Grant Morrison's entire New X-Men run, have you. Incorrectly using Here Comes Tomorrow as a comparison as often as you do proves you've read only synopses and scans.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Former X-Man Carol Danvers
    Cyril is absolutely pathetic enough to be Beast.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 08-07-2014 at 11:56 PM.

So this Archer: is like the Venture Bros, like an adult/above 17 comedy action show?

Cause I can use another show to watch until VB season 6 comes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So this Archer: is like the Venture Bros, like an adult/above 17 comedy action show?

Cause I can use another show to watch until VB season 6 comes.
    Yes, it's in very much the same vein, but minus David Bowie as the Leader of The Guild of Clamatous Intent.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    You haven't sat down and read Grant Morrison's entire New X-Men run, have you. Incorrectly using Here Comes Tomorrow as a comparison as often as you do[/B]
    Cyril was in charge. Archer wasn't around to be a jerk and tell people what to do. Things went to hell. Lana decreed Archer was needed to clean up everyone else's mess. Archer time.
    Beast was in charge. Cyclops wasn't around to be a jerk and tell people what to do. Things went to hell. Jean decreed Cyclops was needed to clean up everyone else's mess. Cyclops time.

Pretty straightforward. Inferior characters mess up. Protagonist ex-girlfriend's decrees that protagonist has to fix it. Arguing over minor plot points like Kick, Sublime, Phoenix and the rewriting of an entire timeline is just splitting hair, at this point.

proves you've read only synopses and scans.
    I've read enough of it to remember Xavier retired before Scott quit for good.

Especially Scott, who was the first to run away. Which is a major plot point I see you are deliberately ignoring.
    Xavier was the first to run away, actually.

Anyway. Scurrilous accusations aside, I will once again try to steer this thing back on topic and provide visuals that totally sell the Cyril/Beast mashup.

Cyril Figgis is a middle-aged Henry McCoy. Not that big of a deal.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 08-08-2014 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post

Former X-Man Carol Danvers
    Cyril is absolutely pathetic enough to be Beast.
    Holy hell! I love this! I might have to steal it as my new avatar. This should be an episode.

So is Magik the Russian Cyborg? (Can't remember her name at the moment)

Plus the New X-Men are Brett? Always getting shot/injured/killed and are inconsiquential.

I say Cheryl/Carol would make a good Mystique or Psylocke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    Plus the New X-Men are Brett? Always getting shot/injured/killed and are inconsiquential.
    Sounds like Jean or Professor X.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

BANNED

Cyril was in charge. Archer wasn't around to be a jerk and tell people what to do. Things went to hell. Lana decreed Archer was needed to clean up everyone else's mess. Archer time.
    Beast was in charge. Cyclops wasn't around to be a jerk and tell people what to do. Things went to hell. Jean decreed Cyclops was needed to clean up everyone else's mess. Cyclops time.
    Couple things: Jean gave Scott the courage to move on with his life and hook up with Emma. Scott ran away because he wasn't strong enough to deal with his man pain. His estranged wife had push him. Emma is arguably the real reason the X-Men stuck together as long as they did. She had finances and resources. She left because Scott ran out on her and the school. Jean cleaned up the mess.

Both Henry and Scott failed to keep it together. But I guess I see your need for revisionist history since Scott fouled up everything since Schism and AvX. All Jean wanted was for Scott to live on without carrying the burden of guilt.

Pretty straightforward. Inferior characters mess up. Protagonist ex-girlfriend's decrees that protagonist has to fix it. Arguing over minor plot points like Kick, Sublime, Phoenix and the rewriting of an entire timeline is just splitting hair, at this point.
    Well Scott's messed up a lot since then, and I was never trying to insinuate he was an inferior character. Scott was married to Jean, and she gave the X-Men a second chance, again because Scott failed everyone else who tried to move on with their lives and the dream. You can try to pin it on Henry, Emma, Jean or Xavier, but the reality was everyone else moved on and tried their hardest, and that counts far more than just giving up and quitting.

I've read enough of it to remember Xavier retired before Scott quit for good.
    What is the relevance of this point you keep bringing up? Xavier told Jean she would officially become the Headmistress of the School once he retired. There is a difference between retiring and quitting. I hope you learn that someday.

Anyway. Scurrilous accusations aside, I will once again try to steer this thing back on topic and provide visuals that totally sell the Cyril/Beast mashup.

Cyril Figgis is a middle-aged Henry McCoy. Not that big of a deal.
    LOL, nice try, but I see through it. You're pressed that Scott failed and ran away when it really mattered and it took his wife to give him another chance. Too bad he still blew it. Now, Scott is a mutant terrorist, raving nutter, paranoid, and Beast's clingy ex. I mean, come on, Scott just won't let it go and keeps harassing the JGS for attention.

You're right, Cyril does look like young Henry, and it's not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    I say Cheryl/Carol would make a good Mystique or Psylocke.

Sounds like Jean or Professor X.
    I concede. Jean or Xavier are way better as Brett. I'm giggling thinking of Jean writhing in pain bitching that Cyclops/Archer shot her.