Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

pretty much......there are some good ones outside of the X folks but by and large yes

BANNED

STORM,
    one of the BEST Women of Marvel...

...by and large

is to be put

---FRONT and CENTER
    in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 08-13-2021 at 06:02 AM. Reason: better this way

Mighty Member

It’s not that they come from the X-men brand it’s that there are just a lot more stories within the X-men brand. It’s not about a couple that we stick with. This keeps them from getting too repetitive

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I hope not. This only happened because Marvel wanted to desperately to have their Wonder Woman, at least, their Wondie that could actually be used in movies at the time. It only turned out that their best heroines were locked behind legal issues, what Fox holding the rights to the X-Women and the Invisible Woman. That's why Carol's push has been met with such resistance, because it's so artificial.

It really makes me wonder where they'll be when the X-Men are part of the MCU. Seeing as how Carol only became the greatest thing ever due to marketing reasons, I'm kinda hoping they'll just bury this under the rug, and everything will go back to normal. As in, the X-Women will be the celebrated Marvel heroines again while Carol is just another character.
    I'm pessimistic about about the X-Women moving to the forefront. I mean, what percentage chance do you think that Wolverine/Professor X/Magneto will suck the oxygen out of the room?

Spectacular Member

I agree, Storm really should be a gigantic deal for Disney.

For whatever reason, the character hasn't had luck getting adapted to the big screen. For a short while, Halle Berry's involvement for the first couple of films was a big deal, but then it was downhill after that. It became the Adventures of Wolverine, Professor X and Magneto.

Professor X, of all people! One of the least interesting X-characters, if you ask me. The Mentor.

Magneto is best in small doses, and shines as a villain. Fox (and Marvel comics to a large extent) insist on making him some antihero... someone who has killed thousands of innocent people over the years keeps getting invited back to the X-clubhouse. Just dumb.

And there's no stopping Wolverine. It's inevitable and I can't blame Disney for not squandering him, I just don't think it has to be at the expense of the X-Women.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Dude, ever take a look around and see all the complaints about how the Oscars work? A quick search will do that.

Remember, The Boss Baby got an Oscar nom for best animation just because someone's kid liked it. All the while, Your Name (one of the best animated movies in recent memory) didn't, because it's anime. Stop pretending some event is the end-all-be-all measuring stick of quality.
    Brie Larson is a great actress. Have you seen Short Term 12? And the win for Room was a good choice.

Captain Marvel was just just lackluster because of a mediocre script.

The Marvel films are starting to succumb to the G-rated blandness of Disney. There will be great special effects, but do not expect adult drama.

It's hard to have things both ways, I suppose. The family friendly nature of the MCU allows these characters to come to life on the big screen, but it also means many topics are off the table.

No smoking, for instance.

And it's already become a joke about how chaste all these superheroes are.

Hell yeah.

We have a Future President (Emma)
    A Mars Regent (Storm)
    We have a former Avenger who has saved the planet like millions times (Rogue)
    The only living person able to tell the Phoenix Force go f yourself (Jean)
    And Pryde. (Kitty)

But most of the x women even the lazy ones (Dazzler) are far more better character than any leading Avenging woman. (Except for Black Widow, For me is the X(wo)men and Black Widow the Women of marvels.