Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Ticking Time Bombs of Krakoa

A bit of a preface. This is a thread about potential threats WITHIN Krakoa. External opponents they may have or have created do not apply. That said, if a internal mutant enables an external threat, they will be listed. Similarly, potential splinters will not apply. If the X-men or New Mutants wish to remove their involvement/association with the krakoan government, it will not be regarded as a threat, because splits in ideology does not inherently account as a threat to the nation of Krakoa. Now with this preamble out of the way, I'd like to list some versions I believe currently exists for Krakoa

1. Mr. Sinister - This is Number One without question in my mind. From his feigning of being controlled by Xavier, to his own Cloning facilities both on and off krakoa To his creation of Chimera without forewarning or permission. It's kinda impossible for Sinister to not top the list. he has both the means and the resources to be a major point of contention within Krakoa.

2. Mystique - Scorned, Driven and built for sabotage. Her grievances against krakoa and her orders from Destiny make her a clear and obvious threat to the State from within.

3. Beast- This option is slightly different from the above as he's not currently expressed a desire to turn against the nation of Krakoa, but has expressed both the mindset and resources to potentially be listed. A major reasoning is Beast's delusions of Grandeur and God Complex.

4. Vulcan - The most literal example of this idea of them all. He currently stands as an actual ticking time bomb for beings beyond this universe. Add his personal powers and his true personality and he's unquestionably a threat to Krakoa.

5. Jamie Braddock - Kinda self explanitory given his insanity, disposition towards cruelty and tendency to change his mind on a whim.

6. Fabian Cortez - The constant belittling, delusions of grandeur, propensity to cruelty, excessive self interest and his own powers. He's just waiting for the opportunity to screw people over.

7. Shaw - Never forget Shaw is about Money and Power first and foremost. And Emma and Kitty's dismantling of his power network can always be undone.

8. The traitor in S.W.O.R.D - It should not be forgotten that a mutant member of the SWORD base is already a double Agent for Orchis.

9. The Traitor in X-force - Similarly to the above, the mutant that is aligned with Russia.

I would like to hear any extras folks would bring forward.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Another one of these threads? The level of trauma X-men fans collectively share is evidenced by our inability to just let a paradigm shift for our benefit. It’s o.k. Building a nation is supposed to be a long complicated messy affair. We don’t always have to look towards immediate demise. Hugz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    A bit of a preface. This is a thread about potential threats WITHIN Krakoa. External opponents they may have or have created do not apply. That said, if a internal mutant enables an external threat, they will be listed. Similarly, potential splinters will not apply. If the X-men or New Mutants wish to remove their involvement/association with the krakoan government, it will not be regarded as a threat, because splits in ideology does not inherently account as a threat to the nation of Krakoa. Now with this preamble out of the way, I'd like to list some versions I believe currently exists for Krakoa

1. Mr. Sinister - This is Number One without question in my mind. From his feigning of being controlled by Xavier, to his own Cloning facilities both on and off krakoa To his creation of Chimera without forewarning or permission. It's kinda impossible for Sinister to not top the list. he has both the means and the resources to be a major point of contention within Krakoa.

2. Mystique - Scorned, Driven and built for sabotage. Her grievances against krakoa and her orders from Destiny make her a clear and obvious threat to the State from within.

3. Beast- This option is slightly different from the above as he's not currently expressed a desire to turn against the nation of Krakoa, but has expressed both the mindset and resources to potentially be listed. A major reasoning is Beast's delusions of Grandeur and God Complex.

4. Vulcan - The most literal example of this idea of them all. He currently stands as an actual ticking time bomb for beings beyond this universe. Add his personal powers and his true personality and he's unquestionably a threat to Krakoa.

5. Jamie Braddock - Kinda self explanitory given his insanity, disposition towards cruelty and tendency to change his mind on a whim.

6. Fabian Cortez - The constant belittling, delusions of grandeur, propensity to cruelty, excessive self interest and his own powers. He's just waiting for the opportunity to screw people over.

7. Shaw - Never forget Shaw is about Money and Power first and foremost. And Emma and Kitty's dismantling of his power network can always be undone.

8. The traitor in S.W.O.R.D - It should not be forgotten that a mutant member of the SWORD base is already a double Agent for Orchis.

9. The Traitor in X-force - Similarly to the above, the mutant that is aligned with Russia.

I would like to hear any extras folks would bring forward.
    I'd add Shadowking.Farouk Amahl as a mutant maybe is suffering withdrawal. As a mutant either he is a full on villain himself or he has housed an evil entity for so long that we don't know where Farouk begins and Shadowking ends. As you delineated maybe SK falls into external threat but it's kind of greyed out if Farouk is doing all he is doing to be reunited with the entity(in my theory the entity left Farouk but wants back in) Maybe his plan is to sacrifice the whole island to this entity ,who knows?
    Last edited by Rev9; 08-08-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Another one of these threads? The level of trauma X-men fans collectively share is evidenced by our inability to just let a paradigm shift for our benefit. It’s o.k. Building a nation is supposed to be a long complicated messy affair. We don’t always have to look towards immediate demise. Hugz.
    I got no idea what the **** you're on about to think it's not notable to point out characters that exist to be antagonists/obstacles in the narrative.

It's not a god damn therapy session. it's a collection of books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    1.It's a comic book.Things always always go bad when you think they can't.
    2.Krakoa is filled with super-villains and we've seen them plant seeds for their plans.Chimera for one is gonna be a problem.
    3.Heck, even the leaders like Xavier and Magneto are shady af rn.Even the promo's say they can't be trusted.
    4.Inferno literally says it's gonna burn down and sh*t will happen.

Krakoa as a set-up and with what we know of Moira, Desiny ,etc. and everything else is a time-bomb waiting to happen

Incredible Member

I imagine Proteus is kinda chill with honouring Moira's memory since she's dead and all, but I really doubt he's going to take learning his abusive mother is alive and planned to treat him the way she did very well.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Don't forget Krakoa itself, there's that secret it and Doug have and Krakoa requiring TWO mutants a year

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I do not think we should consider Vulcan like a villain since he returned.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Don't forget Krakoa itself, there's that secret it and Doug have and Krakoa requiring TWO mutants a year
    Oh yeah.
    Although if they can just come back how bad is it.I mean the way Xavier is he'll happily do it.

And doesn't warlock have something going on too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I got no idea what the **** you're on about to think it's not notable to point out characters that exist to be antagonists/obstacles in the narrative.

It's not a god damn therapy session. it's a collection of books.
    Did you read the Vulcan one-shot during Empyre? Cause it sort of is

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Did you read the Vulcan one-shot during Empyre? Cause it sort of is
    And did it succeed?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

………..Or take an infinitesimal fragment of life force from each of the hundreds of thousand mutants on the island, it’s been already explained.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    ………..Or take an infinitesimal fragment of life force from each of the hundreds of thousand mutants on the island, it’s been already explained.
    But that doesn't negate the fact it's a mutant parasite that feeds on mutants
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 08-08-2021 at 06:50 AM.

Let’s not forget this subtle series of panels…

But that doesn't negate the fact it's a mutant parasite that feeds on mutants
    Considering the food that it is giving back, It’s a symbiotic relationship
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”