Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 242
  1. #76
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I think Brie larson needs more lessons on how to talk in public. acting skills too or was it the script?


    She lacks empathy unlike Gal Gadot, she lacks grace unlike Famke Janssen and she is not that cute unlike Dafeen Keen. she is lucky to have the disney marvel cinematic kingdom on her side though. That is what is saving her.
    "I bet you'd be more pretty if you smiled more."

    Larson said she wanted to make a movie for girls, and MRAs flipped their shit about it. Start, stop, end.

    The internet in 2018: Where it is better to be a Nazi than a Feminist.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  2. #77
    Incredible Member The BaRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Jean Grey
    Storm
    Rogue
    Captain Britain
    Jubilee
    Storm
    M
    Emma frost
    Magik

    All more interesting and exciting than Captain marvel, black widow, Gwenpool, America, moon girl and gamora.

  3. #78
    Spectacular Member Dark-Jacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    "I bet you'd be more pretty if you smiled more."

    Larson said she wanted to make a movie for girls, and MRAs flipped their shit about it. Start, stop, end.

    The internet in 2018: Where it is better to be a Nazi than a Feminist.
    It also came after movies like Black Panther or Star Wars were raided because they figured women and POC proeminently. (I took a look, Black Panther is noted 79% why Shazam 84% as an exemple)

    Brie Larson was fine as Carol, she just doesn't take s*** from journalists and they paint her as horrible.

    Back on topic for a long time Rogue and Storm have been built as the most proeminent women in Marvel. But as stated above, X-characters are not created to carry a series on their own, for most of them.

  4. #79
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,265

    Default

    Yes, they come from the X-men. Don't get me wrong, there are great women on the bigger Marvel universe like Carol Danvers, Gamora, She-hulk and Monica Rambeau but the X-women are so much better, so essential to make the X-men what they are.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-07-2019 at 01:35 PM.

  5. #80
    Fantastic Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Yes, period point blank.

    I mean marvel's premiere female is Storm regardless of how much they push captain you know who.

  6. #81
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Yes, period point blank.

    I mean marvel's premiere female is Storm regardless of how much they push captain you know who.
    Definitely.

    for me its sad that some people don't know the difference between a great beloved groundbreaking iconic marvel character like Storm than a boring character that disney is tirelessly pushing and forcing to make happen.

    Meh, just another day talking to a hard ass mcu fan that once told me to ignore marvel comics

    what' s that saying? i cant make you love me, I need to tell that to disney and carol.

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Definitely.

    for me its sad that some people don't know the difference between a great beloved groundbreaking iconic marvel character like Storm than a boring character that disney is tirelessly pushing and forcing to make happen.

    Meh, just another day talking to a hard ass mcu fan that once told me to ignore marvel comics

    what' s that saying? i cant make you love me, I need to tell that to disney and carol.
    People loved Captain Marvel. Fans loved Captain Marvel.

    The people complaining about Captain Marvel being forced down people's throats? The people who think any LGBT character is Marvel forcing their "SJW" agenda on people. Who attacked Black Panther well before it released with racist slurs. Who complain about Marvel being too "PC". Those are the people who sent death threats to Larson on Twitter, mass downvoted the movie before it released, and refused to acknowledge the evidence that they were the incorrect ones.

    And if that is your mindset too, then I can see why you should avoid Marvel comics. They clearly aren't geared for your interests. Orson Scott Card is expected to have a story adopted into a comic in 2020. Maybe that'll be better?
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  8. #83
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    It also came after movies like Black Panther or Star Wars were raided because they figured women and POC proeminently. (I took a look, Black Panther is noted 79% why Shazam 84% as an exemple)

    Brie Larson was fine as Carol, she just doesn't take s*** from journalists and they paint her as horrible.

    Back on topic for a long time Rogue and Storm have been built as the most proeminent women in Marvel. But as stated above, X-characters are not created to carry a series on their own, for most of them.
    Can't really comment about Larson in interviews because i rarely bother to read then. But personally speaking, i don't think that she quite capture the tough as nails militar attitude that Carol is supposed to have. But that might just be me.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  9. #84
    Fantastic Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    i don't think that she quite capture the tough as nails militar attitude that Carol is supposed to have. But that might just be me.
    Personally I was hoping for Katee Sackhoff as the tough as nails AF pilot turned superhero...



    ...I think she would have nailed it.

  10. #85
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,140

    Default

    I think it upset people that Carol wasn't a mile a minute jokester like Iron Man, Thor, Dr. Strange, or Star-Lord. I like that she had a calm and quiet defiance as a contrast.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  11. #86
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    People loved Captain Marvel. Fans loved Captain Marvel.

    The people complaining about Captain Marvel being forced down people's throats? The people who think any LGBT character is Marvel forcing their "SJW" agenda on people. Who attacked Black Panther well before it released with racist slurs. Who complain about Marvel being too "PC". Those are the people who sent death threats to Larson on Twitter, mass downvoted the movie before it released, and refused to acknowledge the evidence that they were the incorrect ones.

    And if that is your mindset too, then I can see why you should avoid Marvel comics. They clearly aren't geared for your interests. Orson Scott Card is expected to have a story adopted into a comic in 2020. Maybe that'll be better?
    I am not racist or sexist. To the sharp contrary, it was this false accusations people were subjected too that made more people deslike carol and the shill media that was protecting her quite awful movie. black panther and captain marvel are formulaic movies, having those opinions is not racist and sexist. Telling me to read orsen wells? Um, I am not a racist, sexist or a homophobic . I also found ender's game boring. Why are this accusation thrown with no back up. let's look at xmen females who are more interesting than carol and maybe had more impact.

    Storm is Black. African to the core not even African American.

    Jubilee is Asian (the definite 90s kid)

    Psylocke is Asian/British

    Danger is an AI

    Dust is indian

    Kitty is jewish

    Mystique is blue

    They are more interesting than Brie's Carol.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-07-2019 at 03:36 PM.

  12. #87
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I am not racist or sexist. To the sharp contrary, it was this false accusations people were subjected too that made more people deslike carol more and the shill media that was protecting her quite awful movie. black panther and captain marvel are formulaic movies, having those opinions is not racist and sexist.

    Telling me to read orsen wells? Um, again I am not a racist, sexist or a homophobic . I also found ender's game boring.

    It;s so funny this accusation are thrown. let's look at xmen females who are more interesting than carol and maybe had more impact.

    Storm is Black. African to the core not even African American.

    Jubilee is Asian (the definite 90s kid)

    Psylocke is Asian/British

    Danger is an AI

    Dust is indian

    Kitty is jewish

    They are far more interesting than Brie's Carol.

    In fact Brie is the one with all the white privilege as a blond Caucasian woman.

    Yet, many xmen female characters are better than she is. that is brie/carol/marvel's fault.
    Having those opinions doesn't make you sexist or racist. Defending your opinions with Sargon of Akkad definitely leads people into believing that though.

    It's not some grand conspiracy orchestrated by Disney that people enjoyed Captain Marvel. It is also a fact that the movie was downvoted into oblivion by actual sexists who sent Larson death threats, 10 days before the movie released. It may be a coincidence that your talking points about the movie (and Black Panther) happen to be the ones parroted by groups like Return of Kings and The False Rape Society.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  13. #88
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I think it upset people that Carol wasn't a mile a minute jokester like Iron Man, Thor, Dr. Strange, or Star-Lord. I like that she had a calm and quiet defiance as a contrast.
    Not really, at least not in my case, i don't want her to be like those (especially not Thor), is just that the most interesting thing about Carol for me is that she is a tough as f#$% woman that take zero s$#$ from anyone but also has some anger issues that let her to do rash things that can affect her negatively, her relationship with her farther (wich sadly has been retconed for the worse in the last few years) is also quite fascinating because they originally shared very similar flaws (plus he was a pretty old-fashioned and kind of sexist) and virtues that make difficult for then to get along. At the end the movie is ok, but i'm not completly sold on Brien's performance.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  14. #89
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    652

    Default

    This xmen evolution magma who was black was more fun to watch than the captain marvel movie and she was a secondary character in the series


    Brie is the one with all the white privilege as a blond Caucasian woman. Yet, many xmen female characters of color are better, more likeable and relatable than she is. that is truly brie/carol/marvel studios fault for not portraying her well. its not the fault of ''supposed racists or sexists''

  15. #90
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,671

    Default

    I should've been MCU Captain Marvel. Queen Brie and I may not be in any of the same demographics, and I can't beat Josh Brolin or Jude Law in CQC, but I am a cool kitty living on the bleeding edge of society. Disney can't use their money and MMM (Mental Mouse Manipulator) devices to make the public love me like some establishment shill. I can show all these fake MCU nothing characters what's up if I land a role as Marvel's actual greatest woman. Jocasta.
    Our main character, a socially awkward outcast, gains newfound confidence and arrogance before committing a string of horrid acts. He then wears a fancy suit and proceeds to dance like a maniac to music that isn't actually there playing around him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •