Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    This xmen evolution magma who was black was more fun to watch than the captain marvel movie and she was a secondary character in the series

Brie is the one with all the white privilege as a blond Caucasian woman. Yet, many xmen female characters of color are better, more likeable and relatable than she is. that is truly brie/carol/marvel studios fault for not portraying her well. its not the fault of ''supposed racists or sexists''
    $1 billion in earnings.
    Very high Metacritic and RT scores once you take away the 1/10 troll reviews by people pissed off about "SJWs".

Not sure what more there is to say. You didn't like her. That's fine. That doesn't make it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    $1 billion in earnings.
    Don't most disney processed factory movies do that? like i said carol is lucky. take the disney crossover backing away. she will be where she actually belongs. with Supergirl, Catwoman and Electra in female problematic comic movies.

Very high Metacritic and RT scores once you take away the 1/10 troll reviews by people pissed off about "SJWs".
    Because RT chose to give her one? it does not feel earned.

Not sure what more there is to say. You didn't like her. That's fine. That doesn't make it bad.
    I don't care about her. she is not as interesting as other xmen females and if she was a mutant she won't be a top 20 x-woman.

Why is she getting pushed here anyway? this is not an ad site.

I posted a video of how awesome black magma was and you are still telling me I should care about the one dimensional captain victim.

Please can we just enjoy more xmen females that are better than this carol chick, If I want an awesome beatuful blond female hero with more depth and layers than captain victim, I can settle for my white queen, miss emma frost, who is more deserving of a movie than carol.

To be fair, CM making a billion doesn't say much about her, just the brand that is the Marvel Cinematic Universe. CM was one of the weaker movies and Carol creates more issues than she fixes, and there's a reason so many resist her.

I mean, you know what else made over a billion? The Last Jedi. Is that suddenly good? Hell, before Endgame, the highest grossing movie by far was Avatar, which was a badly-written story with zero pop-culture impact. People using that to act like Carol is suddenly universally beloved are missing the point.

Don't most disney processed factory movies do that? like i said carol is lucky. take the disney crossover backing away. she will be where she actually belongs. with Supergirl, Catwoman and Electra in female problematic comic movies.

Because RT chose to give her one? it does not feel earned.

I don't care about her. she is not as interesting as other xmen females and if she was a mutant she won't be a top 20 x-woman.

Why is she getting pushed here anyway? this is not an ad site.

I posted a video of how awesome black magma was and you are still telling me I should care about the one dimensional captain victim.

Please can we just enjoy more xmen females that are better than this carol chick, If I want an awesome beatuful blond female hero with more depth and layers than captain victim, I can settle for my white queen, miss emma frost, who is more deserving of a movie than carol.

So it's a problem that RT took down reviews from people that posted them 10 days before the movie came out, and sent Brie Larson death threats?

Fine, whatever. Black Panther and Captain Marvel were just Social Justice Warrior Politically Correct Trash, and they only did well because Disney has created an army of braindead zombies that will see anything that they want to. MRAs and Incels are the real victims of the mean Brie Larson being a jerk. Okay. Whatever.

You win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    there's a reason so many resist her.
    There's two.

1 - That she's one of if not THE most powerful hero

2 - That Brie Larson hAtEs wHiTe MeN aka advocates for women and minorities

And everything else is just an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by wiccan View Post
    there's two.

1 - that she's one of if not the most powerful hero

2 - that brie larson hates white men aka advocates for women and minorities

and everything else is just an excuse.
    ^^^this^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There's two.

1 - That she's one of if not THE most powerful hero

2 - That Brie Larson hAtEs wHiTe MeN aka advocates for women and minorities

And everything else is just an excuse.
    Yes.

I'm laughing people saying that captain marvel is about the brand.

This is one of the few movies I wanted to watch multiple times on theathers and saw many of my friends watching it again.
    It is a very good movie with a very good personal arc.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yes.

I'm laughing people saying that captain marvel is about the brand.

This is one of the few movies I wanted to watch multiple times on theathers and saw many of my friends watching it again.
    It is a very good movie with a very good personal arc.
    I liked it. It's not in my ten five Marvel movies. Probably 6th or 7th depending on how I'm feeling. But it was a good movie.

Actually, it has to do with her character shilling that was solely motivated by not having the X-Women (like the Inhumans were), she made stronger than all the male heavy-hitters just because, Brie Larson has no charisma and was unfit for the role, she promoted for her powers first rather than being an actual character, the whole "strongest character" shtick never would've happened with a male (you think they'd introduce Richard Rider, who is Carol's superior in the comics, as being the most powerful? Yeah right), her appearance was a retcon that makes the rest of Marvel look worse, her push had negative effects on Marvel as a whole (not just to the X-Men, but Spider-Man, the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, because they tried to force her as the "mascot" which they since backed out of), and of course the movie was mediocre at best. Oh, and they tried to pretend none of the infinitely better X-Women existed because of her, but now that they're here I hope this whole thing gets buried just like the Inhumans push.

Did I miss anything?

Brie Larson oscar winner has no charisma? ok then, bye

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Actually, it has to do with her character shilling that was solely motivated by not having the X-Women (like the Inhumans were), she made stronger than all the male heavy-hitters just because, Brie Larson has no charisma and was unfit for the role, she promoted for her powers first rather than being an actual character, the whole "strongest character" shtick never would've happened with a male (you think they'd introduce Richard Rider, who is Carol's superior in the comics, as being the most powerful? Yeah right), her appearance was a retcon that makes the rest of Marvel look worse, her push had negative effects on Marvel as a whole (not just to the X-Men, but Spider-Man, the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, because they tried to force her as the "mascot" which they since backed out of), and of course the movie was mediocre at best. Oh, and they tried to pretend none of the infinitely better X-Women existed because of her, but now that they're here I hope this whole thing gets buried just like the Inhumans push.

Did I miss anything?
    Why is it that whenever I hear "Brie Larson has no charisma", it is always linked to a video by Sargon of Akkad or Ben Shapiro?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So it's a problem that RT took down reviews from people that posted them 10 days before the movie came out, and sent Brie Larson death threats?

Fine, whatever. Black Panther and Captain Marvel were just Social Justice Warrior Politically Correct Trash, and they only did well because Disney has created an army of braindead zombies that will see anything that they want to. MRAs and Incels are the real victims of the mean Brie Larson being a jerk. Okay. Whatever.

You win.
    How a white pretty blond female woman makes herself the victim is more painful to the real victims of color, who would mostly get the best friend role or the Mammy like they say in gone with the wind.The very dark skinned females in black panther were more interesting than carol. Shuri is more likeable than Carol and she too was in a billion dollar movie.

If there is anything I dread is when storm becomes a love interest to black panther in the MCU and they write Lupita's character out or just character assassinate her because the stereotype of actual real racism that hurts POC is there can be only room for one black girl to shine.

Gal Gadot is a dark haired jewish girl, she has a better charisma than Brie not to mention wonder woman is a much better female superhero film. All these women mentioned could be actual victims due to their back grounds of being a jew or being African but their personality and charm outshines brie/carol, so they barely get hate like carol.

Please dont reply to me again about carol/brie, I don't want to talk about her anymore when I have yet to dicuss

Sage
    The black queen
    Polaris
    Magilk
    Blink
    Husk
    Lilandra
    Lasy Mastermind
    Rachel Grey
    Pixie.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-07-2019 at 05:09 PM.

How a white pretty blond female woman makes herself the victim is more painful to the real victims color, who would mostly get the best friend role or the Mammy like they say in gone with the wind.

The very dark skinned females in black panther were more interesting than carol. Shuri is more likeable than Carol and she too was in a billion dollar movie. In fact if there is anything I dread is when storm's become a love interest to black panther in the MCU and they write Lupita's character out or just character assassinate her because the stereotype of actual real racism that hurts POC is there can be only room for one black girl to shine.

Gal Gadot is a dark haired jewish girl, she has a better charisma than Brie not to mention wonder woman is a much better female superhero film. All these women mentioned could be actual victims due to their back grounds of being a jew or being African but their personality and charm outshines brie/carol, so they barely get hate like carol.

Please dont reply to me again about carol/brie, I don't want to talk about her anymore when I have yet to dicuss

Sage
    The black queen
    Polaris
    Magilk
    Blink
    Husk
    Lilandra
    Lasy Mastermind
    Rachel Grey
    Pixie.
    EDIT: Not worth it.

Wow I knew this was gonna be a mess, but....

Captain Marvel was successful, whether you personally like the character or not you can't deny it. It made a billion and money talks louder than these protests. Stop pitting Marvel's female heroes against each other like it's some Highlander "there can only be one" crap. You never get this sentiment with male heroes...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Brie Larson oscar winner has no charisma? ok then, bye
    I don't give a damn if she won an Oscar in a past movie role. What matters is the present, and how she portrays her character in each movie. Oh, and the Oscars are widely seen as a joke anyways, so nice try.