Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I’d be ecstatic. I want Miles to come to Chicago and be the Spider-Man of that city. I always thought it was stupid that all the MU’s big heroes live in NYC. Makes me wonder why someone doesn’t just nuke NYC, wipe out 90% of all heroes.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    Clearly the heroes would stop the nuke.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    That does beg the question of why there are so many villains in New York. You'd think they'd go somewhere else.
    They're masochists?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d be ecstatic. I want Miles to come to Chicago and be the Spider-Man of that city. I always thought it was stupid that all the MU’s big heroes live in NYC. Makes me wonder why someone doesn’t just nuke NYC, wipe out 90% of all heroes.
    That's sort of the chicken or the egg type scenario... is a city safer or more endangered because it has more heroes. Yes, having that many heroes makes NY a bigger target. But it also has a lot of heroes to save it. Doesn't matter if you're Thanos or Galactus or the Skrulls... if you go to NY to start trouble, you'll get your butt kicked.

It's argaubly easier to Nuke a city like Las Vegas, because there aren't 5 million super heroes to stop it. Though you're less likely to bother nuking Vegas (not that it hasn't happened, as we saw in Secret Empire).

NY is the safest and more dangerous place in the entire freaking universe.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It would have no effect on any titles I read regularly, but if there's a story reason for a number of capes to depart New York I wouldn't see the issue. Having so many heroes consolidated in one place makes crossovers simple, but it's a big world out there. It'd most likely feel contrived at best if every character was evicted at the same time, but a gradual exit with every title having their own reasons could work.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Sure. I don’t see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    Clearly the heroes would stop the nuke.
    Pfft not likely considering they spend most of their time beating each other up. Just get a teleporter, a 5 second countdown timer, and pay Rhino to charge into downtown.

Astonishing Member

As a story line, this would feel weird (and kind of pointless). It would be better if it was an AU where everyone was in their own city to begin with similar to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For most heroes it probably doesn't matter. But I think for a lot of the street level guys, it matters. Daredevil being in Hells Kitchen and Cage being in Harlem are part of their characters at this point. Though them defying the law within this story and becoming criminals themselves works.
    It would seem more like the cloak and dagger days of the 1940’s where the masks roamed around, but were anonymous.

However, the thing of an event like this, (spreading heroes around the country), is that NY is an “attractor”. Galactus doesn’t come to Florida, and Celestials and Thanos don’t come to Colorado. One way or another, the Super Heroes will be made aware that a major threat just fell on NY, and they’d have to rush right over and stop it, and the whole premise of the event would fall apart after something like Fear Itself happens there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have said for years I would love it if the city of New York just told the Avengers and FF "Enough! you people have caused so much damage we want you out". I can't believe it has not happened already. Can you imagine what the insurance rates have to be for a good 5 blocks all around Avengers HQ? I liked that in the movies they show the Avengers are headquarted well outside of the city.
    I think the Avengers and FF are a security blanket now. There has been so much crazy in NY, the masks are their people now. You don’t have NY without the masks. I know, it’s pathetic, and I know it’s self-fulfilling prophecy, but the Stan Lee web he wrapped around NY? It’s hard to separate the actual people who grumble a lot about the masks, and the fact that they are co-dependant on the masks. The masks even define the people of NY, and I think subconsciously the residents know this. The masks are New Yorkers. It’s like taking a particular ethnic group out of the city. You can’t do that. The city depends on all its ethnic groups.

The councillors who dictate that the masks must leave will themselves be ostracised.

I could see the FF relocate to Central City LA, where they started. If all the past 600 FF stories were written in California, I wouldn’t be too upset if that happened. (Ben Grimm could visit NY now and then just to get the Yancy Street vibes going for him).

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    It would have no effect on any titles I read regularly, but if there's a story reason for a number of capes to depart New York I wouldn't see the issue. Having so many heroes consolidated in one place makes crossovers simple, but it's a big world out there. It'd most likely feel contrived at best if every character was evicted at the same time, but a gradual exit with every title having their own reasons could work.
    I don’t see a lot of that happening now in Fresh Start with crossovers. This recent period seems darker and more Marvel Knights than the Marvel we are discussing here.

Fresh Start doesn’t feel like the companionship or community it used to be in NY.