Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How would you feel if Marvel temporarily forced everyone to leave New York?

Just something I was thinking about. What if Marvel created a status quo that I call Eviction Notice. It's where New York officially declares that no super activity is allowed in the state, after the endless amount of super-crime they've attracted becomes a problem. Say it lasts a year or two, and has a temporary status quo where all superheroes operate in different areas around the country/world.

What happens?

My guess:

• The Avengers relocate to Washington D.C.
    • Hawkeyes Clint and Kate go to Los Angeles, assuming they're not still there at this point.
    • Doctor Strange goes to Boston.
    • The X-Men relocate to San Francisco like in the past, assuming Krakoa isn't still a thing.
    • Scarlet Witch goes back to New Jersey.
    • Ant-Man goes to Florida or maybe San Francisco like in the MCU.
    • Moon Knight fights crime in his native Chicago.
    • Spider-Man, as the quintessential New York superhero, stays in NYC but has to be very careful to avoid the law.
    • Iron Man relocates to Los Angeles.
    • Captain America goes to Delaware.
    • Luke Cage and Iron Fist now patrol Atlanta.
    • The Fantastic Four go to Seattle.

Anyways, what about you guys?

I believe NYC is a core part of Marvel's identity, and would hate this to be permanent. But as a temporary shake-up, I guess it could work if it gives us some good stories.

Let's speculate on what happens in this scenario.

Extraordinary Member

The only issue is Spidey....I cannot imagine him in any other city.

and IIRC..Ant Man is already in Miami.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 09-05-2019 at 05:59 AM.

I'm aware. I'm just writing this in the context of the status quo where everyone is back in NYC (people tend to go back after a while), I acknowledged as much with Hawkeye and X-Men. Anyways, as said I think Spidey would stay in NYC, but would have to be careful to avoid the law and government due to acting against the Eviction Notice.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

All of those actually seem like pretty good locations for those characters, good job.

Fantastic Member

I’d like to see more superheroing and vilgilantism outside of New York. Gimme more locations like Chicago (home town), St Louis, Atlanta. Moon Knight in Chicago would be good. I’d like more stories in Chicago.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like the end of the event would be all of the other states coming together to force the heroes and villains back to New York. It sounds like a really fun event, though!

The Avengers are currently operating out of a dead Celestial at the North Pole.

For most heroes it probably doesn't matter. But I think for a lot of the street level guys, it matters. Daredevil being in Hells Kitchen and Cage being in Harlem are part of their characters at this point. Though them defying the law within this story and becoming criminals themselves works.

Mighty Member

Dr. Strange will stay in Greenwich Village at the Sanctum. He'll whip up a spell like he did during Civil War to hide the building or something. Daredevil may or may not leave. He's gone to San Francisco in the past.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have said for years I would love it if the city of New York just told the Avengers and FF "Enough! you people have caused so much damage we want you out". I can't believe it has not happened already. Can you imagine what the insurance rates have to be for a good 5 blocks all around Avengers HQ? I liked that in the movies they show the Avengers are headquarted well outside of the city.

I mean, no matter the status quo, I think the X-Men should be out of New York.

Krakoa is fun, but if they have to be in a real place, SF is perfect.

The problem is, what will make the villains leave, with no heroes New York would be a crime magnet. After all, I doubt any villains willingly registered when the Super-human Registration Act was passed

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The problem is, what will make the villains leave, with no heroes New York would be a crime magnet. After all, I doubt any villains willingly registered when the Super-human Registration Act was passed
    ^^^^^
    This. It's like saying, "The US government now takes all guns, but the criminals still have them". Nothing accomplished except more innocent civilians harmed.

Also, Delaware? There isn't anything going on in Delaware, no one should be there but especially not Cap.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The only issue is Spidey....I cannot imagine him in any other city.

and IIRC..Ant Man is already in Miami.
    What about Daredevil? Does he go back to San Fran for a stint?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have said for years I would love it if the city of New York just told the Avengers and FF "Enough! you people have caused so much damage we want you out". I can't believe it has not happened already. Can you imagine what the insurance rates have to be for a good 5 blocks all around Avengers HQ? I liked that in the movies they show the Avengers are headquarted well outside of the city.
    Eh... I'm sure some feel that way. But I'm equally sure a LOT of people are very glad that the Avengers and FF are in NY. As much damage as the Avengers and FF might cause, they end up preventing more damage than they cause on the long run.