View Poll Results: Do you believe Dylan Farrow?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 62.50%
  • No

7 14.58%
  • I don't know

11 22.92%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Didn't he have children with his wife Soon-Yi?

[Googled his children, he adopted 2 girls and one of his daughters publicly stands with her father. I suppose there's your access right there]
    yeah, the one that he is grooming to replace his wife. even the adoption is kind of creepy given what he's accused of doing. there's probably a camera in the bathrooms.

I don't know, hell this is the first I'm hearing of it. My opinion is wait for the evidence if there is any and let the courts decide. It's all too easy to sit behind a screen and make judgements without all the facts.

But it wouldn't surprise me if he were guilty. But I'm still not going to assume anything so early yet, and I'm definitely not going to judge him based on his body of film work of all things.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know, hell this is the first I'm hearing of it. My opinion is wait for the evidence if there is any and let the courts decide. It's all too easy to sit behind a screen and make judgements without all the facts.

But it wouldn't surprise me if he were guilty. But I'm still not going to assume anything so early yet, and I'm definitely not going to judge him based on his body of film work of all things.
    His body of work on its own isn't a red flag at all, but his body of work coupled with the accusations made against him, together with his previous relationship with his massively younger wife, combined with statements he's made in public about feeling in control in his age gap relationship because he's older, added to the judge's own comments in the original case, waves an enormous red flag for me.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    His body of work on its own isn't a red flag at all, but his body of work coupled with the accusations made against him, together with his previous relationship with his massively younger wife, combined with statements he's made in public about feeling in control in his age gap relationship because he's older, added to the judge's own comments in the original case, waves an enormous red flag for me.
    I'd still leave his film work out of it personally, but the relationship and public statements are definitely red flags. Not enough I think to condemn, but if I had kids I'd keep them away from him.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Sorry to correct you, but she was never his daughter step or overwise. She was the daughter of Farrow who he was in a partnership with.

And innocent until proven guilty is still a thing, isn't it?

And that some actors have to excuse themselves for making a movie with Allen is the height of Hypocrisy.
    Did anyone had to do that because making movies with Roman Polanski? He is proven guilty of rape. Until now Harrison Ford for example did not have to do that.

And congrulations to Scarlett Johannsson for stating that.
    In my opinion they SHOULD have to apologize for making movies with Polanski. Regardless of the nitpicking, the circumstantial evidence alone doesn't look good. There's also another story of another actress, I think Mariel Hemingway, of when she was a teenager and Allen wanted to share a hotel room with her. And was personally offended when she said no. Again, it's not Polanski territory but it still doesn't look good. I'm as liberal as it gets but Hollywood has a real troubling history of supporting some bad people. And I don't think they realize how it looks to the outside world a lot of the time. Allen's behavior is at least suspect. I have no idea what Farrow's history is. If she has a history of making up stories or what.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    He said that? I had not heard that part, ugh...

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I have no idea. It's not impossible but there is plenty of reasonable doubt on both sides. Moses Farrow's testimony was compelling but as is his brothers'. There have been some who speak up for Woody's character and against Mia's and the opposite is true too. It's a major accusation. If true, it means that Dylan's life was ruined or at least seriously hurt by a sexual predator; if it's not and it's all Mia coaching her children then it could destroy the life and reputation of an innocent man. I certainly hope it's not true, even just because Woody is one of my favourite filmmakers and, though I can often separate an artist from his or her art, this would be a stretch. Either way, this is not a cut and dry case and it's a mistake for us, the general public, to come down too hard on either side without the proper evidence. One thing's for sure, though, this case is decades old by now so that a bunch of celebrities suddenly are suddenly up in arms that they've worked with him during the years when this was public knowledge strikes me as more than a little rich. Kudos to Scarlett for standing by what her beliefs and not falling into hypocrisy - even if she happens to be wrong.

One thing that needs to be cleared up, though, is this constant misconception that pedophilia refers to the attraction of an older person to one under the legal age of consent. A thirty-year-old being attracted to a fifteen or sixteen-year-old does not make that person a pedophile even if actually having sex with them is illegal in many places (depending on age of consent). Being attracted to a "mature" teenager has no relation whatsoever to be being attracted to children and it's wrong to equate them. Woody has an undeniable preference for women much younger than him, to be sure, but that is no proof whatsoever that he is a pedophile. The Soon Yi thing is creepy and inappropriate, yes, but it is no proof whatsoever that he is attracted to pre-pubescent children and certainly not that he ever actually molested any.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    He said that? I had not heard that part, ugh...
    "I think that was probably the odd factor that I’m so much older than the girl I married. I’m 35 years older, and somehow, through no fault of mine or hers, the dynamic worked. I was paternal. She responded to someone paternal.

"I liked her youth and energy. She deferred to me, and I was happy to give her an enormous amount of decision making just as a gift and let her take charge of so many things."

There's more quotes about how he never felt challenged by her or something. Anyway he's creepy af and, as a judge mentioned in his ruling, a danger to children.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I said this once before and I'll say it again about Allen. I don't know if he did anything illegal but marrying a girl who he watched first hand grow up is creepy AF and suspect due to the logical question how old was she when he started becoming sexually attracted to her.
    This, all the way.

Also, have we not learned anything from the Harvey Weinstein mess? People defended the guy and worked with him across the board - until it became impossible to do so. Hollywood does not live by the standard of innocent until proven guilty or guilty until proven innocent. If you are a source of acting roles and money, you're ok, period.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    This, all the way.

Also, have we not learned anything from the Harvey Weinstein mess? People defended the guy and worked with him across the board - until it became impossible to do so. Hollywood does not live by the standard of innocent until proven guilty or guilty until proven innocent. If you are a source of acting roles and money, you're ok, period.
    This isn't the same at all as Weinstein. Weinstein was an incredibly powerful force in Hollywood who could easily make or break your career. Woody was never a big money-maker and had none of the power of a major Hollywood producer. People work with him because they respect his work as a filmmaker.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I have no idea. It's not impossible but there is plenty of reasonable doubt on both sides. Moses Farrow's testimony was compelling but as is his brothers'. There have been some who speak up for Woody's character and against Mia's and the opposite is true too. It's a major accusation. If true, it means that Dylan's life was ruined or at least seriously hurt by a sexual predator; if it's not and it's all Mia coaching her children then it could destroy the life and reputation of an innocent man. I certainly hope it's not true, even just because Woody is one of my favourite filmmakers and, though I can often separate an artist from his or her art, this would be a stretch. Either way, this is not a cut and dry case and it's a mistake for us, the general public, to come down too hard on either side without the proper evidence. One thing's for sure, though, this case is decades old by now so that a bunch of celebrities suddenly are suddenly up in arms that they've worked with him during the years when this was public knowledge strikes me as more than a little rich. Kudos to Scarlett for standing by what her beliefs and not falling into hypocrisy - even if she happens to be wrong.

One thing that needs to be cleared up, though, is this constant misconception that pedophilia refers to the attraction of an older person to one under the legal age of consent. A thirty-year-old being attracted to a fifteen or sixteen-year-old does not make that person a pedophile even if actually having sex with them is illegal in many places (depending on age of consent). Being attracted to a "mature" teenager has no relation whatsoever to be being attracted to children and it's wrong to equate them. Woody has an undeniable preference for women much younger than him, to be sure, but that is no proof whatsoever that he is a pedophile. The Soon Yi thing is creepy and inappropriate, yes, but it is no proof whatsoever that he is attracted to pre-pubescent children and certainly not that he ever actually molested any.
    Another misconception about pedophilia is that there is a pattern. people who defend woody says if he was really a pedophile there would be other women since most pedophiles do it more than once. r kelly may be a good example. he married Aaliyah at 15 and there is a video out there that alleges him being intimate with a girl of 14. so high chances r kelly is a pedophile despite his denials

not one girl apart from Dylan has ever accused Woody of sex assault so it makes a case woody is Innocent based on probability but like i said sometimes assaults can be a one off thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    This isn't the same at all as Weinstein. Weinstein was an incredibly powerful force in Hollywood who could easily make or break your career. Woody was never a big money-maker and had none of the power of a major Hollywood producer. People work with him because they respect his work as a filmmaker.
    That respect is power. Would you be defending him if he were a lousy filmmaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    That respect is power. Would you be defending him if he were a lousy filmmaker?
    Oh, I've never claimed that I want to give him the benefit of the doubt because I am such a fan - that doesn't change the fact that there is, in fact, reasonable doubt about his guilt. My being a fan doesn't make him innocent but it doesn't necessarily make his guilty either.

And I'm sorry there's no way that the power we refer to when we talk about Weinstein has much in common at all with Woody Allen being a respected filmmaker. This information has been out in the open for decades and the actors that chose to work with him chose to do so with the full knowledge of these allegations. They weren't coerced, manipulated or forced to do so and they weren't coerced, manipulated or forced to keep quiet, either. The fact that some of them have suddenly turned around to denounce him, despite no actual new evidence coming to light, just screams - and please pardon the horrible expression but it fits here - "virtue signaling". What, did they all just suddenly grow a conscience a quarter of a century after the fact? Did they really have no idea about the allegations against him that were, even then, at least the second most famous thing about him.

None of this makes him innocent or guilty - we simply don't know - but, despite his alleged crimes being even worse than Weinstein's, the evidence against him isn't anywhere near as strong and suggesting that he ever wielded so much as 1% of Weinstein's power is, frankly, dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    First let me say I really admire Scarlett Johansson for not being afriad to voice her opinions, her defending her asian casting, trans casting and now saying she stands by Woody Allen who is getting blacklisted in hollywood.

I fear for Scarlet's career though, the me too movement is now in a stage of guilty by accusation and not proof. But to me , the issue is bigger. Another general question out there. do you think Woody Allen is guilty of molesting Dylan Farrow or do you believe that Dylan was brainwashed by Mia Farrow?
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/team-...a-al_b_4751454

This is the best article I've seen on the subject and it is accurate. No matter what anyone here votes, the only true answer is that nobody here knows one way or the other at all.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I said this once before and I'll say it again about Allen. I don't know if he did anything illegal but marrying a girl who he watched first hand grow up is creepy AF and suspect due to the logical question how old was she when he started becoming sexually attracted to her.
    While it is one thing to get into a relationship with someone a lot younger than you, I think it would feel weird to get involved with someone you personally knew back when they were a child. If you never met the person before they were grown up, it's a lot different.

But there's a lot of questionable stuff. I haven't watched his movies but some say the pattern of his movies is older man/ younger woman. Then again, he is still married to this woman who he married when she was nineteen so it clearly seems to have worked as a marriage.

He could be a pedophile or his ex-relationship who hates him for getting involved with her daughter could have indoctrinated a seven year old girl into the belief she was molested.

Barring evidence, this will never be known.
    Power with Girl is better.