View Poll Results: Do you believe Dylan Farrow?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 62.50%
  • No

7 14.58%
  • I don't know

11 22.92%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Do you think Woody Allen is Guilty.

First let me say I really admire Scarlett Johansson for not being afriad to voice her opinions, her defending her asian casting, trans casting and now saying she stands by Woody Allen who is getting blacklisted in hollywood.

I fear for Scarlet's career though, the me too movement is now in a stage of guilty by accusation and not proof. But to me , the issue is bigger. Another general question out there. do you think Woody Allen is guilty of molesting Dylan Farrow or do you believe that Dylan was brainwashed by Mia Farrow?
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-05-2019 at 01:42 PM.

I choose to wait for proof/evidence before I make any kind of judgement.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

yeah, i think he did it.

Fantastic Member

I don't think Allen's past inappropriate behavior makes a good case for him, but I can also easily see how it can be viewed as Dylan being coached by his mother as revenge for being betrayed by her then-husband and her daughter. Not that I think that happened.

I'd reserve judgment until some actual evidence is presented.

Woody is still a thing in Hollywood?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Well, he married his step-daughter, which is never a good sign. And most of his movies are about older guys creeping on younger women. So the circumstantial evidence doesn't look good. Even this latest movie which got cancelled by Amazon was about a teenage girl "seducing" a stand in for him. He's kind of telegraphed this stuff his whole career.
    Assassinate Putin!

Niffleheim

It will be interesting seeing Black Widow's opening weekend audience numbers if they will skew overly male or female after all the continuous controversial statements from Scarlet Johansson

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    It will be interesting seeing Black Widow's opening weekend audience numbers if they will skew overly male or female after all the continuous controversial statements from Scarlet Johansson
    How many people even know about her statements? If James Gunn's statements haven't impacted the popularity of his movies, I can't see Scarlet being impacted. Black Widow would already skew male because comic book readers do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Well, he married his step-daughter, which is never a good sign. And most of his movies are about older guys creeping on younger women. So the circumstantial evidence doesn't look good. Even this latest movie which got cancelled by Amazon was about a teenage girl "seducing" a stand in for him. He's kind of telegraphed this stuff his whole career.
    Sorry to correct you, but she was never his daughter step or overwise. She was the daughter of Farrow who he was in a partnership with.

And innocent until proven guilty is still a thing, isn't it?

And that some actors have to excuse themselves for making a movie with Allen is the height of Hypocrisy.
    Did anyone had to do that because making movies with Roman Polanski? He is proven guilty of rape. Until now Harrison Ford for example did not have to do that.

And congrulations to Scarlett Johannsson for stating that.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Sorry to correct you, but she was never his daughter step or overwise. She was the daughter of Farrow who he was in a partnership with.

And innocent until proven guilty is still a thing, isn't it?

And that some actors have to excuse themselves for making a movie with Allen is the height of Hypocrisy.
    Did anyone had to do that because making movies with Roman Polanski? He is proven guilty of rape. Until now Harrison Ford for example did not have to do that.

And congrulations to Scarlett Johannsson for stating that.
    Yeah congrats to Scarlett of giving her truthful opinions. not saying I agree or disagree with her but its nice to see someone in Hollywood give an opinion away from the star trek borg collective mind everyone in Hollywood pretends to have.

many people in hollywood have so many different opinions on politics and social issues but they cant say anything because they dont want to ruin their careers.

Incredible Member

I have no idea but history shows it's never a one-and-done type of deal with pedophiles. If there's one then it's very likely others but so far no one else has come forward with accusations.

I think I read a article where a son sides with Allen and contradicts the sister.

I said this once before and I'll say it again about Allen. I don't know if he did anything illegal but marrying a girl who he watched first hand grow up is creepy AF and suspect due to the logical question how old was she when he started becoming sexually attracted to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I have no idea but history shows it's never a one-and-done type of deal with pedophiles.
    is that scientific fact? because i would think that it'd be a question of access.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    is that scientific fact? because i would think that it'd be a question of access.
    Didn't he have children with his wife Soon-Yi?

[Googled his children, he adopted 2 girls and one of his daughters publicly stands with her father. I suppose there's your access right there]

Swiss army nerd

I think he did it. His relationship with Soon Yi aside, the materials from the original court case around Dylan Farrow are interesting, distubring reading.

Important to remember that the psychologist who gave evidence that Dylan Farrow was not abused was hired by Woody Allen.

Also important to remember that the judge in the case said that while he couldn't technically convict Allen, that he strongly believed that Allen should not be left alone with/in charge of children.

I add the above stuff to his body of work which is entirely about older guys getting with much younger women and I know for a fact I wouldn't be letting him babysit my kid.

And I believe women.