Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Scans! Scans or we're pushing him out!
    there's a picture in the second post in this thread. that's the best he looks in the book. Sue takes him down pretty quick.

anyways, i must admit to feeling a sense of satisfaction at seeing someone actually doing something to physically effect Sue, for once. she's usually portrayed as invincible; a possible overcorrection on her early days as a damsel in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    there's a picture in the second post in this thread. that's the best he looks in the book. Sue takes him down pretty quick.

anyways, i must admit to feeling a sense of satisfaction at seeing someone actually doing something to physically effect Sue, for once. she's usually portrayed as invincible; a possible overcorrection on her early days as a damsel in distress.
    Yeah every hero should have weaknesses, Sue's are sonic attacks and light attacks. She could defend against them, but she has to know they're coming.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I certainly wouldn't push that Argent fella outta bed.
    I would.... he looks like [old] Tom Waits.

I liked the idea of having Sue operate in a spy adventure, and I think Waid has managed to characterise her decently enough (with only some few missteps on the way). But the plotting here is just abysmal. I know the comic book medium is not that suited for complex plotting, but here we have all the bad habits of spy thrillers on display: fallen foes carrying the clue to the next point of interest, leading to the next foe with the next clue. Or misrepresenting the world of smoke and mirrors as a place with constant double-crosses. Or the absolutely atricious technobabble.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I liked the idea of having Sue operate in a spy adventure, and I think Waid has managed to characterise her decently enough (with only some few missteps on the way). But the plotting here is just abysmal. I know the comic book medium is not that suited for complex plotting, but here we have all the bad habits of spy thrillers on display: fallen foes carrying the clue to the next point of interest, leading to the next foe with the next clue. Or misrepresenting the world of smoke and mirrors as a place with constant double-crosses. Or the absolutely atricious technobabble.
    Since I don't know much about how intelligence work is like, how exactly is this inaccurate?