Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    TNG's opening titles don't quite have the oomph of Goldsmith's movie version though.
    TV orchestra vs. movie orchestra. Not only do you have fewer performers, but the sound quality (at least back in the 80s) would have to be accounted for during production.

Thankfully, Goldsmith returning for the FC-Ins-Nems helped bring that oomph to TNG.

Kind of interesting how the original TV show theme was reworked for the movies.

Goldsmith sort of made it sort of omnious, even adding a bit of the V'ger effect to it; Horner made it sound kind of heartwarming when Spock came back; the TVH version was kind of grand but I don't think it was until Giannocho that it really captured the pace and excitement of the original tune.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of interesting how the original TV show theme was reworked for the movies.

Goldsmith sort of made it sort of omnious, even adding a bit of the V'ger effect to it; Horner made it sound kind of heartwarming when Spock came back; the TVH version was kind of grand but I don't think it was until Giannocho that it really captured the pace and excitement of the original tune.
    I think you're right. Listening to this instantly makes me so emotional. The sense of adventure in this is strong.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

As an overall score, it may well be Giacchino's work on the Star Trek reboot but the First Contact theme is hard to beat. The latter is one of the great, underrated movie themes in general, I would say.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Top 3:

Star Trek 09 by Giacchinno. I mean “ enterprising young men” is just phenomenal.

Wrath of Kahn by Horner

Star Trek by Goldsmith. Goldsmiths score definitely elevated this film.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Top 3:

Star Trek 09 by Giacchinno. I mean “ enterprising young men” is just phenomenal.

Wrath of Kahn by Horner

Star Trek by Goldsmith. Goldsmiths score definitely elevated this film.
    Agree. Goldsmith, Horner, and Giacchino where the best composers to work on the films. Hard to say which ones I like better.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)